Agents of SHIELD & Army Builder

monron999

So, now that the excitement of SDCC is dying I'd like to pitch an idea that I've had for a while but have amended since the unexpected reveal of the Hail Hydra army buidler pack.

Initially I had the idea of using the ML Comic Nick Fury formula, using a simple Kate Bishop buck with added belts & pouches, to get out some of the female SHIELD agents that we've been asking for for quite a while. Specifically I proposed a Sharon Carter figure in her white SHIELD outfit with alternate head and forearms to create Daisy (Quake) in her white outfit as she's been seen more recently. An alternate helmeted head similar to the one included with Nick Fury could also be included to make a random female field agent. Similarly, they could do a Maria Hill in her black SHIELD outfit and have alternate head and cybernetic forearms to create Yo-Yo (Slingshot) in her SHIELD gear & another random helmet possibly with a different paint app. The beauty of it all is that all heads and forearms would be compatible with both base bucks so the combinations could have been limitless. Sharon & Maria coulda been the swap characters in an upcoming Avengers wave.

I thought this would be an outstanding idea from that standpoint alone, but wait... Seeing the effort put into the Hail Hydra pack why couldn't we push this idea just a little bit farther? How about two SHIELD 2 packs that could be used for mind bending combinations & have us fanboys pounding the pavement & scouring the Internet just to throw our money at Hasbro?

2 pack #1:

Sharon Carter base figure in white uniform

Quake alt. head & forearms

SHIELD masked female agent alt. head

Dum Dum Duggan base figure on Reaper buck

Alt. Nick Fury, Jr. head

Alt. masked field agent head

2 pack #2:

Maria Hill base figure in black uniform

Yo-Yo alt. head & forearms

SHIELD helmet female agent alt. head

Rick Jones base figure on Pizza Spidey buck

Jasper Sitwell zombie alt. head

Helmeted male agent alt. head

I'm not sure about any of you but I would buy these up by the dozens. As I said, the amount of interchangeability would be the major selling point to me and I would have to buy at least 4 sets of each just to get all the characters I want, not to mention who knows how many more depending on the amount of agents I would like to have. Pure wallet buster for me and actually much more appealing to me than the Hail Hydra pack, which are still great looking figures, but personally not worth buying more than maybe two sets.

I like these Idea and glad to be part of them.

Here's Mine, some borrowing:

Shield 2 pack - this one should be the next thing to be made as a polar opposite to The Hydra set.

• One Updated Maria Hill head.
  • One longer hair brunette for Quake
  • Helmeted head
  • The same figure as the Nick Fury but with the masked head.
  • Dum Dum Dugan head (since trying to get the older one seems impossible)
  • The new Mr. Fantastic head with blond hair for Clay Quartermain

Aim 2-pack

• The same one as before.
  • a Hydra Mask Painted yellow
  • and a Surpeme Scientist head
  • Walmart Punisher figure for a RAID figure (an offshoot of AIM)
  • NO Extra head just some gadgets AIM created.

Seeing the packaged version of this Hydra set just knocks the value out of the park.

With the options for the vests and weapons and heads, I could easily be in for 4 or even 5 sets of these, just to swap as much of the parts as I can. I also display my Nuke figure without his brown vest, so I can toss a brown vest onto one of these for more options, and I'm not using my brown Captain America vest either. Probably have a gray shoulder harness lingering in a drawer somewhere also, from another random Cap, I'm sure. This set made me rearrange my displays to separate the Hydra key players out to their own space so I can build this army around them. SO excited, and it HAS to be coming soon, right? We saw the Hydra tag in the leaked pic when we found out about Mary Jane and Dark Phoenix, so I wouldn't be surprised if these surfaced by August or September.

And seeing the gold mine they have in putting forth an army-builder pack that is pure reuse and redeco and getting the customer to spend $40 multiple times over, there MUST be strategies for the future. Some things might require new tooling (at least on one of the figures), but here's thoughts for the future of this concept:

Hand Ninjas

There could be some life in the movie Dr. Strange and Karl Mordo sculpts as updated Hand Ninjas. And we know there are enough swords and knives to go into this set. Perhaps some ninja stars/throwing effect hand could be tooled up using the Bullseye throwing effect hand? Alternate heads could repurpose the Fantomex head, Moon Knight head, and some grimacing unmasked head that could be repurposed for an unmasked Sunfire?

Kree Vs. Skrull Soldiers

Thinking back to the original army 2packs that were released with Kree & Skrull warriors, they could repeat this idea, borrowing from whatever is going into this new Super Skrull figure, and possibly add in Skrull version heads that could turn existing hero action figures we already own into Skrull versions of their characters. For Kree, they can do a blue-skin/pink-skin options, and even see what they can do to bring about the soldier version of Mar-Vell.

SHIELD Females and/or SHIELD Males

Between Misty Knight, Mockingbird/Domino, and Black Widow bodies (biker BW or even Vintage Line BW generic body), we have some female bodysuit tooling that could be repurposed into female SHIELD agents WITHOUT using that awful MCU Maria Hill body, which would allow the comic Sharon Carter to still stand out uniquely in her white outfit. Head options could give us Valentina Allegra de Fontaine (I think that's her name), another updated Carol Danvers unmasked head, some helmeted female head could be worked up cheaply, I'm sure, and a few reused female heads with varying hair colors, ethnicities, and hair lengths/styles. Adding some gear could also give us a Daisy Johnson/Quake figure. If they don't want to do two females in one pack, they could reissue the Nick Fury male SHIELD agent with some white vest/harness options, but I think a SHIELD male 2pack on two different bodies (standard Bucky Cap body, and the bigger Grim Reaper body?) would be a good separate investment also.

Hellfire Club Goons & Inner Circle Colonial Attire servants

Bear with me. The Hellfire Club goon in their mask and traditional Blue/Red outfit doesn't leave MUCH room for customizing, so an alternate head could be a battle-damaged masked version to add options. But the second figure could be a suited "colonial style" attire of the servants who are seen at parties, with the high socks and the dusty curled wigs. Head options could repurpose this figure into a Donald Pierce or Sebastian Shaw if the body type is right, with two generic servants as the other head options. Pretty sure Harry Leland would need to be his own sculpt.

X-Men Training Uniform Males

This is money. The recent trend of entirely swappable arms (Hi Nico Minoru! Hi Reed Richards!) allows options for multiple characters who have worn the gold and blue standard issue X-uniform from the 90s. Standard Bucky Cap Body could have head options for Forge, Banshee (smiling face and screaming face options), and an unmasked Cyclops head. Pizza Spidey body (but with a lean new torso that doesn't feature a butterfly joint since that could hinder arm swappability) could have head options for Morph (90s X-Men cartoon, both happy and evil Morph faces please), Gambit, and LEGION (timely, since the FX series will go into a second season). Both bodies are standard in package. The Forge body can have one mechanical swap arm, and one mechanical swap leg (with a fringe boot), and another swappable fringe boot for the other standard leg, and an attachable cape for Banshee, possibly some open collar overlay to add when swapping the Banshee head on. Unmasked Cyclops head would be a great add-on to any of the 73 Bucky Cap Cyclopses we've received already. The lean body would originate in package as Legion, but have a brown jacket sleeve option for both arms, and a short jacket overlay (with X logo) for Morph, and a long trench overlay for Gambit. Plus guns for Forge and Morph, bo staff and card-throwing effect for Gambit and you're good to go. With that many heads, I'm buying 3-4 sets.

X-Men Training Uniform Females

The fortunate thing is there aren't too many needs to distinguish the uniforms from each other, but a lean body and a curvy/muscular body could offer head options for Storm, Psylocke, Siryn, Polaris, Jean Grey, Rogue... you name it. Only one who couldn't work is Jubilee, but a teen girl body wouldn't call for other heads for this costume that make sense. Repeat the Banshee cape pack-in for Siryn, and you have new head updates for a short-haired Storm, a headgear-less Polaris, a sexier Psylocke... lots of potential.

New Mutants Uniform Male & Female

The Bucky Cap body could be a lock for Sunspot, unless you want to stay lean for Cannonball/Cypher. The female Silk body would be perfect for options for Danielle Moonstar, Karma, Wolfsbane (human and hybrid head options?), or Magik. I'm thinking the big yellow X over the black bodysuit. Swappable parts can create the sunspot power up effect, and if you're doing lean body for Cannonball/Cypher, you could do a detachable waist, which can plug into a blast effect for Cannonball or a techno-organic lower half option to turn Cypher into a Douglock option.

Jamie Madrox, the Multiple Man

Had to think hard about this, but best option would be a standard Bucky Cap body, with a skullcap head, with three facial expression options in his original Green/Gold bodysuit OR the X-Factor blue/gold bodysuit option. Second body is a Madrox Investigations T-shirt/jeans body (Dr. Strange upper torso for shirt wrinkles or MCU Star-Lord torso?, lower torso is a jean option for a Bucky Cap size body to reuse on Peter Parker or Rick Jones or any future civilian they may want to produce), with a jacket sleeve swappable set of arms, a short-sleeved T-shirt set of arms, and a long trench coat overlay (reusing a Gambit tooling or even Netflix Punisher trench). The Madrox Investigations body has completely unmasked heads with hair, with three facial expression options. Multiple hands for fist and open hand options. And KEY is a conjoined arm for each body, to simulate him splitting into two. If you buy two sets, your Bucky Cap body can use the conjoined arm to plug into the left socket of one figure, the right socket of the other, and ball jointed at the elbow. No lower arm, so the ball joint just connects two upper arms. Buying multiple sets, each containing a left/right conjoined arm, you could technically conjoin as many Madroxes as you want to simulate his powers. Madroxes across America.

That's all I can think of right now!