Sign in to follow this  
norinradd

Hascon & NYCC hopes/predictions

I know, I know, it is extremely (eternally) optimistic of me to think we may see anything, but that Falcon on the Jessica Jones/Jewel cardback has once again given me the glimmer (albeit slight) that we may see some new 3 and 3/4 figures.

I am assuming that we will see a new wave with the new Falcon. I also hope, after watching the Netflix Defenders that we would see two sets of those movie two packs (like the Thor Ragnarok) of DD and Jessica Jones as well as Luke Cage and Danny Rand. My hopes with that would be that the articulation is improved (chest; wrist thigh) and better paint apps.

What are your thoughts?

I agree about Kingpin. I'm not getting my hopes up. He needs too much unique tooling that they really can't do much else with. I mean, how many of you guys are itching for Ultimate Mojo? I guess they might be able to kitbash it into Barracuda but he'd probably be oddly proportioned like Doc Ock was.

Realistically, I expect maybe one reveal. They'll either show Falcon or just say he was cancelled and the packaging was too far along to change. We'll probably get a look at the Deadpool set boxed. I'd love to see Netflix two packs, but I'm not holding my breath.

I hope for an announcement that the rainbow Deadpool reveal was a practical joke.

Only into that set if they release the unique character heads with it- Slapstick, Terror and Foolkiller at least.

I don't think we'll anything at Hascon (anything Marvel at all).

NYCC....maybe the first wave of Infinity War figs..no clue what scale.

I can make a prediction on what scale for you if you'd like.

Hasbro anticipated your prediction and they'll throw collectors of both scales a curveball by only making 5" figures for Infinity War.

I am expecting nothing, and I think Hasbro will do a wonderful job of living up to my expectations.

That said, my local Meijer store recently did a reset and added more pegs for Marvel 3.75. I do wonder if they know something that we don't, but the cynic in me believes that Hasbro has just conned them into becoming a dumping ground for all of their surplus (old) product.

I can make a prediction on what scale for you if you'd like.

Hasbro anticipated your prediction and they'll throw collectors of both scales a curveball by only making 5" figures for Infinity War.
Don't forget they will probably make them 5 POA or something close and sell them at 9.99 and call it their budget line...

Also they been pushing BONUS reveals of Marvel legend 6 inch at NYCC for a few years now.

The 1/18th scale is mostly them

Just showing #$## they showed the last 2 years... hidden in the corner Neglected like a Unwanted stepchild being forced to show up to events their Stepparents favorite is getting showered unfair praise.

if they give us anything, i'll willing to bet it's just going to be conceptual stuff that never happened because it seems like that's what they're already rolling out for gi joe and have teased more from other brands

if they give us anything, i'll willing to bet it's just going to be conceptual stuff that never happened because it seems like that's what they're already rolling out for gi joe and have teased more from other brands

Those Joe art reveals are almost insulting. "Hey, no Joes for the next few years until we get the movies sorted out but hey, here's a look at some cool figures and a space shuttle that you can't have". Art books and the like have a place, but it's really not the time for it right now. I'm still salty about the many unreleased concept vault figures they flaunted.

After everything they've done to the 3.75" Marvel line, they better not pull crap like that. I don't think it'll be an issue though, because Dwight seems like he cannot escape this scale fast enough. He just wants us to go away and leave him alone.

The upside here is that Hasbro focusing on things like Rom and Micronauts means we have a shot at getting some the Marvel characters. They'll absolutely focus on whatever designs they use for the Hasbroverse movies, but I'm sure they'll throw us a bone with the occasional classic Acroyear or Baron Karza.

I hope for an announcement that the rainbow Deadpool reveal was a practical joke.

Jokes on us indeed.

I'm expecting nothing at NYCC. But holding out hope that rumor of "big next year" that we a revival of MU at ToyFair 2018

Our souls have truly been crushed.... if we were to get a couple of lines of figures (or a renewed Marvel Universe) which characters could we possibly get? I know we haven't had Kingpin yet, but with all the different eras and costumes of figures who could make the cut (seriously it is difficult to think of many as we have received so many). A few that come to mind might be:

Kingpin

Tigra

Jessica Jones

Baron strucker

Sleepwalker

Classic guardians of the galaxy

J Jonah Jameson

Tombstone

Typhoid Mary

Nuke

Dreadnight

Jack o lantern

Scarecrow

Silver sable

Egg head

Donald piercer

The reavers

Sebastian Shaw

I really struggle to think of others, but I really feel that there should be a lot more.

I pray we get all the figures we were promised

AND WAS ACTUALLY MADE into prototype phase but never released..

Seriously look back on all the stuff Vonner teased,

And Arana etc.. even have pictures of cancelled toys in the inter-webs.

Where is Kingpin?

Where Is toad?

Where is Foom's rerelease?

Where are those lost retools I see on certain Former employees photos on Facebook.

Whiplash, DemoGoblin,etc.

They have so, so many they can do without much effort by cloning even Customizers simpler customs that work..

We know they look 👀

They have the Designs,

They have the resources,

But we can't get more than a trickle of ARTICULATED 3.75 figures?

I miss When they really pushed QUALITY 1/18th scale product in all their major licenses.

Hope those days return.

Our souls have truly been crushed.... if we were to get a couple of lines of figures (or a renewed Marvel Universe) which characters could we possibly get? I know we haven't had Kingpin yet, but with all the different eras and costumes of figures who could make the cut (seriously it is difficult to think of many as we have received so many). A few that come to mind might be:

Kingpin

Tigra

Jessica Jones

Baron strucker

Sleepwalker

Classic guardians of the galaxy

J Jonah Jameson

Tombstone

Typhoid Mary

Nuke

Dreadnight

Jack o lantern

Scarecrow

Silver sable

Egg head

Donald piercer

The reavers

Sebastian Shaw

I really struggle to think of others, but I really feel that there should be a lot more.

Oh yeah,

New mutants

Toad

Hellcat

Spiral

Avalanche

Pyro

90's xforce and factor teams

Leader

Hela

Et cetera

The rest of Alpha Flight. Vonner teased a figure of Arcade, which would have been very cool. I am very annoyed that we never got Sasquatch -- Vonner teased him and he was planned to be released with that Puck figure that we got in a comic book back that ended up getting canceled. It seems like they must have made a prototype for him. I am also curious if Vonner's Howard the Duck figure that he had planned to pack in with Foom is the statue that we got in the Collector's Vault set, or if it was a different figure with at least some articulation.

There are lots of X-verse characters that we still need. Forge, Banshee, Polaris, Dazzler,Domino to name just a few of the biggest ones, plus a bunch of villains.

held out as long as possible, but the line's dead. seems like the only thing mentioned was a cancelled figure, and not even a black panther movie 2 pack in this scale (maskless panther and klaw would've been cool). what a bummer cause i have always loved this scale more than any other