Marvel Legends Avengers: Infinity War rumors

Rukkdeez

Ok, got it. Movie figures are bad. Hasbro is wrong to make them. No collector anytime, anywhere, ever liked movie figures. If they did, they were wrong.

Thanks for clearing that up. And by all means, if there's anything else I don't like, PLEASE let me know. I'm flying blind here. :wink:

Finally, bout time you start to see things my way! But seriously, all melodrama aside. I know movie figs are necessary. As I said, it was the major reason Hasbro wanted the license in the first place, but too much of what they perceive is a good thing is actually bad for the line. I know you maintain that wherever you live you don't see the lingering of MCU figs, but it seems pretty rampant a lot of other places. It's just that every time I see waves just rotting in the same spot, literally not even being touched, for months on end, I just start to wonder how long the stores will keep ordering the product. I assume they don't care about the particulars, like 8 movie Thor & 10 movie Loki (seriously, that's the count at my nearest WM) are what aren't selling. The consumer knows why they're not selling, the fans know why they aren't selling, but the suits that make all the calls at WM, they just see ML not moving & get a bad picure of the entire line. It's just not good for the future of the wave. I guess that's my biggest problem, aside from the character choice.

Ok, got it. Movie figures are bad. Hasbro is wrong to make them. No collector anytime, anywhere, ever liked movie figures. If they did, they were wrong.

Thanks for clearing that up. And by all means, if there's anything else I don't like, PLEASE let me know. I'm flying blind here. :wink:

Finally, bout time you start to see things my way! But seriously, all melodrama aside. I know movie figs are necessary. As I said, it was the major reason Hasbro wanted the license in the first place, but too much of what they perceive is a good thing is actually bad for the line. I know you maintain that wherever you live you don't see the lingering of MCU figs, but it seems pretty rampant a lot of other places. It's just that every time I see waves just rotting in the same spot, literally not even being touched, for months on end, I just start to wonder how long the stores will keep ordering the product. I assume they don't care about the particulars, like 8 movie Thor & 10 movie Loki (seriously, that's the count at my nearest WM) are what aren't selling. The consumer knows why they're not selling, the fans know why they aren't selling, but the suits that make all the calls at WM, they just see ML not moving & get a bad picure of the entire line. It's just not good for the future of the wave. I guess that's my biggest problem, aside from the character choice.

Once again, you've hit multiple nails on heads. Who says we always disagree? Lol

Seriously though, separate lines would bring me back to Marvel Legends. At 30 bucks a fig Im not paying to track down extra baf parts online, or find online buyers and package and ship comic figs. I just wanna buy the toys I wanna buy in the store and go back to my life. But Hasbro doesnt cater to my life. Sorry I keep adding my 2 cents (0 cents after the conversion).

Separate lines would be awesome. I've actually been a big fan of that suggestion for a while. It would forever prove which figures sell better. Of course, it would be the comic figs, but somehow I just don't think it matters to the shot callers at Hasbro. We already know the best selling waves are the X-Men waves and non-movie Spider-Man waves but somehow that just seems to keep falling on deaf ears.

As far as Rukkdeez & I not getting along. For the most part our disagreements are simple minutiae. At the end of the day we pretty much have the same concerns regarding the health of the line. Our biggest disagreements come when I'm right & he's wrong. Which is always the case. Lol.

actually separate lines would be an extremely bad idea. what would happen if they separate the line? that's right. Marvel Legends would be cancelled out right in order to sell movie toys. No more BAFs or comic figures. Stores would only order the movie lines and won't bother with the comic figure as they think they can make money off the movies.

Having the 2 things together is a much safer option for ML. Even if you don't agree with Movies figure in the line, you cannot admit that if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have ML at all. Like most of the people are saying we don't mind having MCU in the line just not taking it over. We just want a more Comic focus selection rather then a MCU collecting. The Black Panther was for example has 3 regulars figure and one BAF from the MCU. Where is the comic version of Black Panther (not the Walmart one)? or Killmonger? The BAF is a MCU too that could have easily been a standard figure. (still pissy about no M'Baku). While I am looking forward to all the comic figures this wave, they are all something we have already and while I like that we are getting the Highly Request Iron Man, shouldn't he have been in the Avengers line instead. None of the comic figure are directly connected to BP.

actually separate lines would be an extremely bad idea. what would happen if they separate the line? that's right. Marvel Legends would be cancelled out right in order to sell movie toys. No more BAFs or comic figures. Stores would only order the movie lines and won't bother with the comic figure as they think they can make money off the movies.

Having the 2 things together is a much safer option for ML. Even if you don't agree with Movies figure in the line, you cannot admit that if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have ML at all. Like most of the people are saying we don't mind having MCU in the line just not taking it over. We just want a more Comic focus selection rather then a MCU collecting. The Black Panther was for example has 3 regulars figure and one BAF from the MCU. Where is the comic version of Black Panther (not the Walmart one)? or Killmonger? The BAF is a MCU too that could have easily been a standard figure. (still pissy about no M'Baku). While I am looking forward to all the comic figures this wave, they are all something we have already and while I like that we are getting the Highly Request Iron Man, shouldn't he have been in the Avengers line instead. None of the comic figure are directly connected to BP.

I agree. If Hasbro were to separate the lines, the "shot callers" would go with what they believe would be the "hot sellers". It's as someone mentioned earlier (I think it was Monron), the leadership in the stores only know brand names and numbers. They don't differentiate between MCU Thor and Thor Odinson. They simply see Marvel Legends aren't selling.

As for the comic figures not being connected to the Black Panther, 2 of the 3 are also kings, but if that was supposed to be the connection, maybe ANAD Iron Man should've been Infamous Iron Man instead? Just a thought.

I agree. If Hasbro were to separate the lines, the "shot callers" would go with what they believe would be the "hot sellers". It's as someone mentioned earlier (I think it was Monron), the leadership in the stores only know brand names and numbers. They don't differentiate between MCU Thor and Thor Odinson. They simply see Marvel Legends aren't selling.

As for the comic figures not being connected to the Black Panther, 2 of the 3 are also kings, but if that was supposed to be the connection, maybe ANAD Iron Man should've been Infamous Iron Man instead? Just a thought.

ironically out of that wave IM is the one I'm most looking forward too, after Namor of course.

• 1 month later...

Just some Friday afternoon humor to share... Pictures of the Inifinty War figures have been making the rounds on some of the movie spoiler sites, and someone who obviously has a lot more of his disposable income thanks to not knowing what ML figures or the BAF gimmick are posted the following after seeing the pics of the Captain America box:

"So Cap either decapitates Thanos, Thanos is actually Cap, or theres a Mission Impossible scene where Cap has a face mask of Thanos."

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

All 3 comic figures connect to black panther via the Illuminati

*Rant incoming so excuse the language*

every time I see people giving out about the fact that Thanos is in this version instead of the Avengers 1 and GOTG armored version I feel like slapping them across the back of the head and telling them to take a basic course in marketing.

This line is advertising the Infinity War!!! Hasbro have to use the version in that film not any other one. If you have to blame someone, blame fucking Marvel Studios for changing the costume for this movie!!! Hasbro is only using the design they are giving.

every time I see people giving out about the fact that Thanos is in this version instead of the Avengers 1 and GOTG armored version I feel like slapping them across the back of the head and telling them to take a basic course in marketing.

This line is advertising the Infinity War!!! Hasbro have to use the version in that film not any other one. If you have to blame someone, blame fucking Marvel Studios for changing the costume for this movie!!! Hasbro is only using the design they are giving.

cheers!!!! This guy gets it!

I'm not even a fan of MCU figures and I always knew that! I'd chalk it up to things like this being nonsensical, but I've always known our fellow ML collectors simply need something to complain about ( I have to believe this because the alternative is to assume they're stupid, or too young to know any better). For example; people are already complaining about the lack of "pincers" on the upcoming Iron Spider figure. We haven't even seen the movie yet! We have ZERO idea if this iteration of IS even HAS pincers! So what do fools do? Instead of waiting to see the movie and confirm (one way or the other), they accuse Hasbro of "getting it wrong" again, or worse, "going cheap"...3 months before the film is even released!! Yet and still, these people continue to collect...and complain.

Speaking of "marketing strategy", Hasbro is top notch! We may not like it, but ya gotta hand it to Hassenburg on their shrewdness! Notice the MCU Iron Man figure comes with no MCU Thanos parts? Why not any of the 3 Marvel based figs (instead of "movie" and "comic" based. I've started using "MCU" and "Marvel" based)? This forces a "couldn't give less than a damn about Marvel figures" collector to purchase ALL THREE Marvel figures! I love it! You people want the MCU to take over this line (no matter the lack of interesting or colorful characters), this is the price (plus you now know how it feels when we collect all Marvel based and get an MCU fig as our pay off). Bravo Hasbro! Bravo Tarot! I love a mod with fire!!! Lol

PS: MCU Collector! I'm jelly you already have the bikes! I'm paralyzed because I preordered from "you know who".

I'm not even a fan of MCU figures and I always knew that! I'd chalk it up to things like this being nonsensical, but I've always known our fellow ML collectors simply need something to complain about ( I have to believe this because the alternative is to assume they're stupid, or too young to know any better). For example; people are already complaining about the lack of "pincers" on the upcoming Iron Spider figure. We haven't even seen the movie yet! We have ZERO idea if this iteration of IS even HAS pincers! So what do fools do? Instead of waiting to see the movie and confirm (one way or the other), they accuse Hasbro of "getting it wrong" again, or worse, "going cheap"...3 months before the film is even released!! Yet and still, these people continue to collect...and complain.

Speaking of "marketing strategy", Hasbro is top notch! We may not like it, but ya gotta hand it to Hassenburg on their shrewdness! Notice the MCU Iron Man figure comes with no MCU Thanos parts? Why not any of the 3 Marvel based figs (instead of "movie" and "comic" based. I've started using "MCU" and "Marvel" based)? This forces a "couldn't give less than a damn about Marvel figures" collector to purchase ALL THREE Marvel figures! I love it! You people want the MCU to take over this line (no matter the lack of interesting or colorful characters), this is the price (plus you now know how it feels when we collect all Marvel based and get an MCU fig as our pay off). Bravo Hasbro! Bravo Tarot! I love a mod with fire!!! Lol

PS: MCU Collector! I'm jelly you already have the bikes! I'm paralyzed because I preordered from "you know who".

exactly. they are using the Lego set as proof. I mean look at the Dr. Strange set. it has tentacle so people assumed it was Shuma Gorath was in it. Well I didn't see him in the movie did you?! I can only assume Lego jumped the gun and included them as a homage to the Comic version.

Got lucky! I was hoping avengers wave wouldve been the same, but sadly no. Im very close to the top of the list though so next shipment out I should be included. Only a tiny amount was released.

Yep, the Thanos BAF definitely looks like some sort of ML knock off that is missing parts that you would find in a dollar store setting. It's just so boring and the color pallet is so monochromatic. This has nothing to do with Hasbro though. They can only do so much to spruce up a lame design, but at the end of the day they have source material they have to follow. It should be no surprise to anyone by now that yet another villain design turns out to be so underwhelming. It just amuses me so much how a company based on imaginary worlds and fantastic characters with amazing abilities tries so hard to design those characters to seem "realistic". It's such an oxymoron. At least the movie looks like it's gonna be good. The silver lining for these Avengers waves being so MCU heavy is that ithe seems like the last ditch effort to get as many movie figs in as possible before the movie arch eventually ends. Hopefully after that, the Avengers waves will continue, but in a more comic based format. That's a big maybe, tho. The bad thing is most likely, as the mutant franchises get folded into the MCU, the X-Men waves will start to resemble the movie heavy garbage that ruined the Avengers waves for all these years.

Yep, the Thanos BAF definitely looks like some sort of ML knock off that is missing parts that you would find in a dollar store setting. It's just so boring and the color pallet is so monochromatic. This has nothing to do with Hasbro though. They can only do so much to spruce up a lame design, but at the end of the day they have source material they have to follow. It should be no surprise to anyone by now that yet another villain design turns out to be so underwhelming. It just amuses me so much how a company based on imaginary worlds and fantastic characters with amazing abilities tries so hard to design those characters to seem "realistic". It's such an oxymoron. At least the movie looks like it's gonna be good. The silver lining for these Avengers waves being so MCU heavy is that ithe seems like the last ditch effort to get as many movie figs in as possible before the movie arch eventually ends. Hopefully after that, the Avengers waves will continue, but in a more comic based format. That's a big maybe, tho. The bad thing is most likely, as the mutant franchises get folded into the MCU, the X-Men waves will start to resemble the movie heavy garbage that ruined the Avengers waves for all these years.

I too only buy the comic versions, but we will have to live with MCU too because Hasbro loves their scan technology, so shared figure releases for the foreseeable future of the line.

You ain't kiddin'! Keep in mind everyone, we have two Avengers movies over the next two years. That should mean 4 waves at least. This of course means yet another Captain America, most likely in his new costume, another Iron Man Mark (the only thing it marks is a friggin' wardrobe change cuz he never gets more powerful), Thor etc. Not to mention the BAF's (the current standard seems to be if it's an MCU based wave, the Build-A-Figure MUST be MCU related).

Speaking of that, peeps may as well stop complaining about the choices and sizes of the BAF's. If you want a bigger BAF, 1 of 2 things has to happen; It has to be Marvel based or if it's MCU based, there better be at least one large character in the movie! Thank YOU MCU lovers! We've gotten here due to your incessant badgering, bitching, whining and complaining! We went from 1 or 2 MCU per wave to domination and regular sized BAF's You all should be the absolute LAST to complain about a Build-A-figures's lack of size! Hrm. Sorry. This topic eats me up.