Most Wanted Comic Figures?

BradMan

Yep, I predict (now everyone write this down) if/when Banshee finally gets (re)done it will be his classic look and it will 100 percent for certain, be on the New Spidey 2099 buck. On the other hand we know Hasbro isn't all that fond of straight redos and they tend to go with different eras or costumes when they "re-visit" a character, and there's only really two looks of Banshee that were ever that memorable, so the X-uniform is a strong possibility. Either way, a new one is certain to be well recieved.

That brings us to one of my personal wants, the X-Men blue and gold uniform. I believe it's on it''s way, but I think when it does get done it will be a Gambit (who originally didn't wear a trench coat) and Storm (growing out her hair), based on the story line where Gambit met Storm and helped her return to the X-Men where shortly thereafter they began using the uniforms. Those two wore the most generic versions of the uniform (no capes, coats, wings, etc.) and would be the easiest to be head swapped. That's all pure theory, but it makes the most sense.

4 hours ago, monron999 said:

Yep, I predict (now everyone write this down) if/when Banshee finally gets (re)done it will be his classic look and it will 100 percent for certain, be on the New Spidey 2099 buck. On the other hand we know Hasbro isn't all that fond of straight redos and they tend to go with different eras or costumes when they "re-visit" a character, and there's only really two looks of Banshee that were ever that memorable, so the X-uniform is a strong possibility. Either way, a new one is certain to be well recieved.

That brings us to one of my personal wants, the X-Men blue and gold uniform. I believe it's on it''s way, but I think when it does get done it will be a Gambit (who originally didn't wear a trench coat) and Storm (growing out her hair), based on the story line where Gambit met Storm and helped her return to the X-Men where shortly thereafter they began using the uniforms. Those two wore the most generic versions of the uniform (no capes, coats, wings, etc.) and would be the easiest to be head swapped. That's all pure theory, but it makes the most sense.

Gambit definitely had a trench coat from his first appearance. 

2 minutes ago, JKenbok said:

Gambit definitely had a trench coat from his first appearance. 

Now, I will concede to you on DC lore every time, but this is not even a point of discussion. He did eventually integrate the trench coat with the uniform but originally he did not. If there was any accessory he wore when he first donned the X-Uniform it was a pouch (or man purse, if you prefer). I'll direct you to the fold-out cover of Uncanny X-Men 275 and pretty much everywhere in the interior.

28 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Now, I will concede to you on DC lore every time, but this is not even a point of discussion. He did eventually integrate the trench coat with the uniform but originally he did not. If there was any accessory he wore when he first donned the X-Uniform it was a pouch (or man purse, if you prefer). I'll direct you to the fold-out cover of Uncanny X-Men 275 and pretty much everywhere in the interior.

His first appearance was uncanny x-men 266 though. I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure. 

13 hours ago, JKenbok said:

His first appearance was uncanny x-men 266 though. I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure. 

37 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

Correct. He had the coat as far back as his first appearance.

gambit.jpg

Yes guys, I'm fully aware he had his trench coat when he met Storm because, of course, he was in his thieves costume, but my entire premise was pointing out that when he first wore the X-Men blue & gold uniform (as did the rest of the team for a while) he did not initially wear the coat on top of it, which made that version of him in that version of the uniform the perfect figure for multi-use as an army builder . That's where I pointed you in the direction of Uncanny X-Men 275. I looked back on my original post. I couldn't make it any more clear than I just did. Now I think I'm starting to understand why Tarot gets so frustrated on these forums sometimes.

Here it is. Gambit. Blue & Gold. No coat. That's all I was getting at.

Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_275_Full_Cover.jpg

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Yes guys, I'm fully aware he had his trench coat when he met Storm because, of course, he was in his thieves costume, but my entire premise was pointing out that when he first wore the X-Men blue & gold uniform (as did the rest of the team for a while) he did not initially wear the coat on top of it, which made that version of him in that version of the uniform the perfect figure for multi-use as an army builder . That's where I pointed you in the direction of Uncanny X-Men 275. I looked back on my original post. I couldn't make it any more clear than I just did. Now I think I'm starting to understand why Tarot gets so frustrated on these forums sometimes.

Here it is. Gambit. Blue & Gold. No coat. That's all I was getting at.

Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_275_Full_Cover.jpg

Okay that’s fine if that’s what you meant. It wasn’t that clear though. You were talking about when he rescued Storm and all that but when all that happened he had the coat. That uniform was a blink of an eye for the life of the character. It’s not a big deal. I like the idea of getting that uniform on some character at some point. But being that everyone knows Gambit’s Look as incorporating that coat; it makes no sense to make him without it. 

1 hour ago, watanabefan said:

We know. We're saying he had the coat from the beginning and that he only wore the uniform without the coat for about 3 issues or so before bringing back the coat. If we ever get that look it's gonna include the coat. Hey, even Hasbro seems to agree!

FanPoll.jpg

(BTW we REALLY need Northstar at some point.)

I feel really good about the chances of getting northstar in the next two years. Id love that as well. P

Uuuch! Every time I see those things I'm so glad Hasbro never pulled the trigger on any damn one of those things. Those were back in the day before they subbed their sculpting out to Gentle Giant Studios and we're trying to do it internally. At that time they were basically showcasing a buncha crappy protos just to shut up all the fans while they were trying to force MU to catch on. I'm sure a Northstar/Aurora 2-pack is coming some time in the not to distant future, a much improved FA Storm is a must, and hopefully a classic Magneto will come in short order in the hinted Brotherhood box set. Remember these guys?

HASBRO_MARVEL_LEGENDS_RED_HOOD_&_BI-BEAST_&_LADY_BULLSEYE_01.jpg

MLMoonstar02.jpg

MLTerrorInc..jpg

1 hour ago, Gmen4ever said:

1st app Banshee is a must! I'd like his arms cape to be a soft pliable plastic. Kinda like the DCUC Mantis figure sported.

Mantis open cape.jpg

MantisDC01.jpg

That wouldn’t be bad I guess. As long as it’s realllly pliable. I kinda like the ones they have Jubilee wave Storm though

1 hour ago, mako said:

Well, its been a couple pages, so I'll bring up the character who's become my "Big Want" of late... again.

QUAKE!!!

Seriously, what IS the hold-up!?! Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Agents of SHIELD, Marvel Rising; she's all over that fashion doll line.

Where is the Marvel Legends version. A black Widow body, a Silk head w/minor alterations to the hair, and a new face deco; then throw in a pair of those energy ring effects that have come with everybody from Dr. Strange to Klaw. EASY!

Or just meet me half-way. Give us that 1/12th. scale Rising line I talked about in another thread. It wouldn't be perfect, but I'll take what I can get.

Just PLEASE, no exclusives, I don't think I could face the future knowing another 20 trips to Walgreens were in it.*

* Apologies to Barney Fife.

Lol yeah man the Walgreens exclusives always make me nervous. Because in most cases I know I’m going to be shelling out more money than anyone has a right to charge lol. But because of scalpers that’s what I’ve had to for figures Sikver Surfer. In some cases a little more patience would’ve gone a long way for me price-wise. But it’s just a lot of bs to obtain some of the most awesome figures. I like the idea of Quake myself. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get her sometime soon. A lot of the time the figures we see made in other lines first make their way to Legends 

I'm seeing a lot of great character choices on here, so here's my list. The first two I feel Hasbro really needs to get done (It was three but we're FINALLY getting Jubilee). Most everyone else will help us add to teams we're getting now.

1. Storm in her classic Giant Sized X-Men costume

2. Shadowcat in her classic blue costume 

3. 90's Yondu

4. Classic Ultron

5. 90's Havok in his X-Factor costume

6. Crossfire (random villain, but a lot of fun and can be made with minimal effort. Just need a new head on either the Bucky Cap or Bullseye body)

7. Classic Firestar

8. 90's Thanos (Hasbro makes this happen. I appreciate the repaint Walmart exclusive this year but c'mon!)

9. Classic Monica Rambeau Captain Marvel

10. Classic Boomerang 

3 hours ago, mako said:

Well, its been a couple pages, so I'll bring up the character who's become my "Big Want" of late... again.

QUAKE!!!

Seriously, what IS the hold-up!?! Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Agents of SHIELD, Marvel Rising; she's all over that fashion doll line.

Where is the Marvel Legends version. A black Widow body, a Silk head w/minor alterations to the hair, and a new face deco; then throw in a pair of those energy ring effects that have come with everybody from Dr. Strange to Klaw. EASY!

Or just meet me half-way. Give us that 1/12th. scale Rising line I talked about in another thread. It wouldn't be perfect, but I'll take what I can get.

Just PLEASE, no exclusives, I don't think I could face the future knowing another 20 trips to Walgreens were in it.*

* Apologies to Barney Fife.

They probably struggling to decide whether to do a comic or a MCU version.

4 hours ago, mako said:

Up until the Thing and Magik, I was never worried about finding a Walgreens exclusive. Seriously, the y were either all over my local stores or, in the case of Mr. F, I just ordered site-to-store. Not so with Thing or Magik, no, these little S.O.B.s STILL haven't shown up. Paid 30 bucks for Thing off Ebay, and a friend from college literally dropped a Magik in my lap when she visited a week or so back.

Yeah that’s true except it started with Reed for me. I was just barely able to find Sue Storm but then when it got to Reed it was REAL scarce. Silver Surfer was nil. Still haven’t seen a single one of him. But I do remember seeing Ant-man and Namor all over the place. It sucks I hope they fix this distribution issue or whatever it is. They employees are not helpful at all and the website sucks.