Toys - r -us new Days of Future Past set

tarot

https://twitter.com/ToysRUs/status/951902384208465920

well someone at hasbro should get onto TRU and fire this guys cause he is just after revealing that they are planning a new DOFP box set for marvel legends.

No Clue on who is in it but given the box art it might be a new Sentinel (though it might be too small) and DOFP logan.

What? You're actually mad someone leaked new ML information? And X-Men product to boot. I don't care who it was. Bring it on, baby. Don't think we'll get an actual Sentinel. The Toybiz one is untouchable IMHO (is that a challenge, Hasbro?). Hopefully we can finally get an updated Mystique and (deep breath) a new Beast figure.

What? You're actually mad someone leaked new ML information? And X-Men product to boot. I don't care who it was. Bring it on, baby. Don't think we'll get an actual Sentinel. The Toybiz one is untouchable IMHO (is that a challenge, Hasbro?). Hopefully we can finally get an updated Mystique and (deep breath) a new Beast figure.

The box appears to be similar in size to the Defenders set. If this is so, here are the possibilities:

Destiny (I know you want a new "classic" Mystique but since we don't have any Destiny, I'm going with this)

Avalanche (We've never had an ML version of this guy)

Storm (The version everyone wants)

Sprite (Kitty in her original costume)

Classic Colossus (With the thigh high boots)

Angel (Red costume)

Mystique (Of course she's a possibility)

Rachel Summers

Unfortunately, the Beast wasn't a part of this storyline except to show he was killed.

Of course we could get flipped and Hasbro gives us the future X-Men in their green prison jumpsuits! Lol

I agree the box looks too small to be a Sentinel. Not to mention we just got an "older" Logan (Of course that hasn't stopped them from playing the re release game again).

In any case, I welcome whatever it is. Any time we can get ANY iteration of comic based figures, I'm widdit!!!!

Of course we could

The box appears to be similar in size to the Defenders set. If this is so, here are the possibilities:

Destiny (I know you want a new "classic" Mystique but since we don't have any Destiny, I'm going with this)

Avalanche (We've never had an ML version of this guy)

Storm (The version everyone wants)

Sprite (Kitty in her original costume)

Classic Colossus (With the thigh high boots)

Angel (Red costume)

Mystique (Of course she's a possibility)

Rachel Summers

Unfortunately, the Beast wasn't a part of this storyline except to show he was killed.

Of course we could get flipped and Hasbro gives us the future X-Men in their green prison jumpsuits! Lol

I agree the box looks too small to be a Sentinel. Not to mention we just got an "older" Logan (Of course that hasn't stopped them from playing the re release game again).

In any case, I welcome whatever it is. Any time we can get ANY iteration of comic based figures, I'm widdit!!!!

Of course we could

Oml and dofp wolverine are not the same thing. In fact dofp Logan is looks more like young Logan with grey sideburns. But it would just be a repaint and new head of oml so we can agree on that.

Looking at stills it does seem that the only figure are the sentinel and dofp Logan. The comic cover only has them and the cover image as well

Hopefully its 3.75 Legends size Logan and Sentinel. It would make the most sense. How many other different characters would there be to make this set interesting? Sentinel is big enough to make the 6Legends guys happy and the 3.75 Logan would make the 3.75 guys happy

Yeah, the MU Sentinel is huge enough where I wouldn't see Hasbro mocking up a whole new piece. The scale is still close enough and judging by Hasbro's current disdain of any 3.75 line (where TF has the Joe ip been??) my best guess it'll come with a 6 inch Logan, and a Kitty Pride if we've been good boys and girls this year.

The MU Sentinels were made at almost perfect scale for that line. When Hasbro released Galactus (which was around the same size), it came with a 3.75 Silver Surfer. This box looks to be about that size. Guess we'll see. It's practically guaranteed to be revealed at Toyfare (especially if Hasbro didn't intend for this kind of "leak"). I agree that it'll be a 6" Logan based on the Old Man fig we got last year. If this is an exclusive (and the jury is still out on that), it would make sense however if it were a 3.75" scale fig. Not as much production needed for exclusives. Like I said; we'll see. It's mine regardless. LOL

It would be a sheer disappointment if this turned out to be an MU box set. That line has been all but dead since the return of ML under the Infinite brand. I actually was becoming a collector and chasing down older figures before that, under the belief that it would eventually phase out ML and be the only outlet for ML figures. Thankfully ML came back in a big way & the substantial reduction of articulation, materials and paint apps on the MU line have given me no reason to resume collecting MU, or ML 4" or whatever the hell they're calling it now. The last one I ever bought was Doc Green in his techno armor. That 80's style Rogue almost pulled me back in but in the end the bad articulation kept me away. Now I have more money for ML. Time to put that line to bed, or just start releasing each wave as complete box sets that include one oversized figure. I wouldn't mind purchasing them as a splurge item between ML waves or as cool convention or etailer exclusives.

It would be a sheer disappointment if this turned out to be an MU box set. That line has been all but dead since the return of ML under the Infinite brand. I actually was becoming a collector and chasing down older figures before that, under the belief that it would eventually phase out ML and be the only outlet for ML figures. Thankfully ML came back in a big way & the substantial reduction of articulation, materials and paint apps on the MU line have given me no reason to resume collecting MU, or ML 4" or whatever the hell they're calling it now. The last one I ever bought was Doc Green in his techno armor. That 80's style Rogue almost pulled me back in but in the end the bad articulation kept me away. Now I have more money for ML. Time to put that line to bed, or just start releasing each wave as complete box sets that include one oversized figure. I wouldn't mind purchasing them as a splurge item between ML waves or as cool convention or etailer exclusives.

I was an avid MU collector prior to getting into the 6 inch infinite line. To me the MU line was the greatest line of 3.75 figs of all time. Then they fired David Vonner, and pretty much killed MU right then and there.

The Disney/Fox merger has done wonders for X-brand recognition, a new X-Men movie is coming in the near future (two if you count Deadpool 2), and there's a successful LA series on the tube.

Recognition equals value, value equals investment, so I gotta say, I can see Hasbro dedicating the capital to make a new Sentinel tool, especially as the MU version we're all talking about is saddled with an electronics package. Add in a repack figure like OML and the price for manufacture looks better and better.

Who knows, we MAY just get a new Sentinel this year.

3 movies Deadpool 2 (5/2018), Xmen Dark Phoenix (11/2018) and New Mutants (2/2019) more if you count Gambit and Xforce but I doubt Gambit will ever get made. 2 tv shows The Gifted and Legion but all these projects were in the works long before the news about the merger broke.

How do you count New Mutants out? It is very much part of the current picture & it will spawn an ML wave. Even better, I don't forsee any of the actors (except possibly Anya Taylor-Joy) being of enough notoriety to warrant a movie style figure so the wave should be mostly comic based. I think you can bank on a re-issue of the Magik figure (awesome for everyone who missed out on the exclusive), a Wolfsbane (hopefully in hybrid form) and a Sunspot at the very least. A Mirage has been on the watch list ever since the prototype shown at Toyfare so many years ago, though some massive redesign using the current molds would be in order. Cannonball would also be cool & though Marvel owns both properties again I still think they have a huge issue with consolidating X-Men & Avengers properties right now which puts characters that belong to both universes (like Cannonball, Quicksilver & Uncanny Rogue) stuck in limbo for now. But characters like Karma, Magma, Cypher or maybe even Boom Boom or 90's style Jubilee could all be fair game. Of course, I'm sure at least one Wolverine or Deadpool will have to make it into the wave as an anchor. The best part is, since Warlock has already been done as a BAF, the one character that makes sense to be the BAF is......drum role please.........FREAKIN' STRONG GUY. He is the large powerhouse character that will be in the most current revival of the team and, as everyone else is so quick to point out, Warpath, should he make it in the wave, should be of comparable size to Colossus, who was a single card figure. Yes, I think this is the best chance to get the most ignored & unfairly discriminated against character in ML history.

Team Strong Guy for life!

If its the old Masterworks Sentinel from Marvel Universe then I will pass on it since I already have one. I will pass regardless if its a new different styled one because I don't feel a need for one. I do hope they are bringing Masterworks back though. Maybe we might get that canceled Fing Fang Foom figure after all. Crosses fingers. But I am cool if its a set of X-Men figures from that story like maybe a Rachel Grey thrown in.

I was an avid MU collector prior to getting into the 6 inch infinite line. To me the MU line was the greatest line of 3.75 figs of all time. Then they fired David Vonner, and pretty much killed MU right then and there.

Same here. I felt like the line was approaching it's end before they reduced the articulation and rebranded it. Everyone kept making wish lists on the 3.75 forum for more obscure characters. I kept mine small and hoping for major characters to close out my collection with like Black Cat, Vulture, Bishop and hurrying up and releasing the canceled Emma Frost before it was too late. Man I am glad we got those. But wished they could have held off one more year before reducing articulation like they did so they looked like they belong with the rest of the line.

Same here. I felt like the line was approaching it's end before they reduced the articulation and rebranded it. Everyone kept making wish lists on the 3.75 forum for more obscure characters. I kept mine small and hoping for major characters to close out my collection with like Black Cat, Vulture, Bishop and hurrying up and releasing the canceled Emma Frost before it was too late. Man I am glad we got those. But wished they could have held off one more year before reducing articulation like they did so they looked like they belong with the rest of the line.

I held out for that Emma foreve. I eventually sold the whole collection before they finally released her, which I now regret. The 6 inch line is aces though, so no worries

My local store will remain as well. We had a second one in my town & it closed years ago, which was a good thing. The streamlining created much less waste & overstock. I expect to see a huge overhaul in general, tho. I don't think we'll be seeing so many random items & very specific import items that just rot on shelves for eternity. I mean I like stuff by SH Figuarts and Tomashi Nation too, but I'm not gonna pay premium price for whatever smattering of items or mixed bag that seem to make it to the shelves. If I want anything in the line of imports I'll order it specifically as I need it. I'm not gonna go to TRU looking to purchase a $50 plus fragile item on impulse. Scale it back a little & focus on items that are sure money makers. Marvel, Star Wars, DC Comics & WWE are all sure cash grabs. Branch out with some popular fringe items like Funko Pops & Color Tops but carrying everything under the sun is an outdated business model that's only gonna lead to certain failure in today's market. We need TRU to be successful as collectors and we need them as an outlet for continued exclusive releases so I truly hope they get their act together.

My local store will remain as well. We had a second one in my town & it closed years ago, which was a good thing. The streamlining created much less waste & overstock. I expect to see a huge overhaul in general, tho. I don't think we'll be seeing so many random items & very specific import items that just rot on shelves for eternity. I mean I like stuff by SH Figuarts and Tomashi Nation too, but I'm not gonna pay premium price for whatever smattering of items or mixed bag that seem to make it to the shelves. If I want anything in the line of imports I'll order it specifically as I need it. I'm not gonna go to TRU looking to purchase a $50 plus fragile item on impulse. Scale it back a little & focus on items that are sure money makers. Marvel, Star Wars, DC Comics & WWE are all sure cash grabs. Branch out with some popular fringe items like Funko Pops & Color Tops but carrying everything under the sun is an outdated business model that's only gonna lead to certain failure in today's market. We need TRU to be successful as collectors and we need them as an outlet for continued exclusive releases so I truly hope they get their act together.

Yeah, as far as boy toys go, outside of the few fan favorites, TRU has been getting way out into obscuroland for a while now. Refocus on the popular stuff that sells. I want to see whole aisles dedicated to Marvel, WWE, etc as I remember it in the 80's with GI Joe.

TRU could definitley benefit from scaling their "adult collector" section back to just NECA, Diamond Select, Funko, and McFarlane Toys. I agree, there's just too much random stuff littering their shelves. Most TRUs I visit are a wreck.

That is why I may go to my TRU once a year . Just a mess . But it is closing so its a moot point I guess. I get all my figures on line as you can't find jack here in Jax.

• 3 weeks later...