Venom Wave

tarot

https://marvelousnews.com/news.php?catid=252&itemid=22701

Looks great. I know both of them are mostly repaints with new parts but they look ten time better then the ones we have gotten before.

We were obviously getting a Venom and Carnage in this wave. Can't have a Venom wave without Carnage after all. I'm hoping that Carnage comes with more interchangeable parts.

Also given the way the neck piece on venom is design, I can almost guarantee that we are also getting an unmasked head or (one I'm hopeful for) a mid-transformed head.

as for who I want in this was, At least one of the Life Foundation gang (preferably Scream), Toxin (on the Spidey buck), a Spider-man (come on he has to be in it). Maybe the baf can be the movie version or a Spider-slayer.

I know they'd never make all of them, but a Venom wave opens the door to so many things that my Spidey collection needs! And yes, I'm probably one of the only people that doesn't have symbiote fatigue.

• Scream
  • Phage
  • Riot
  • Agony
  • Toxin (Pat Mulligan, with interchangeable heads to show both the open and closed mouth looks)
  • Hybrid
  • Scorn

I have no idea who to put down for the BAF, but as long as there are a few of these symbiotes in the wave, I don't care what character they pick for the BAF.

I must say, it's a bit of an inigma as to what to expect from this wave, and the oddity of the announcement of this wave leads one to believe (me at least) that the intention is to fold this into the main MCU. I mean it's not like this was a hostile takeover like the mutant license. Sony and Marvel have been working together for a bit now. It's not inconceivable that negotiations started early enough during this project to at least loosely tie it to MCU. I would assume it's a strong possibility Venom could make it in to one of the upcoming Spider-Man movies, especially if there's gonna be some type of Sinister Six project.

As far as what other figs could make it into this wave, who knows. It's just so random. I suppose we can be sure to get at least one more symbiote, but if you ask me the entire symbiote thing has gotten way outta hand. Beyond Toxin I really could care less. To me, Lasher is already reaching and wash actually the lowlight of the Lizard wave. Maybe we can gets some characters through his Sinister Six connections or maybe his Thunderbolts or the symbiote's Dark Avengers connections. I could see possibly guys like Scorpion, Winter Soldier (comic), a Daken redo, a Ghost reissue would make sense, a new USAgent on a larger buck has been on my wish list for some time, Iron Patriot would be cool. Maybe some other guys from Spiderman's rogues gallery can make it in there as they tend to share allies & enemies. I could see maybe Tarantula, Cardiac, Vermin, the doors just wide open. Anyone past Carnage is gonna be a loose association at best, but at the same time I don't want some wave full of just a buncha symbiote clones when there are so many other characters worthy of plastic representation.

As far as BAF's go, again I just have to speculate according to who he's crossed paths with. They could do Kingpin, Mister Hyde, Skaar, I know a lot of people wouldn't be upset with an Atlas either. To me this is just a strange & random (I know I keep saying that but its the best description I have right now) wave to predict and my wish list is so long. I guess we'll just have to wait and see on this one. Like I said, my biggest fear is we get some lame wave full of any number of weird symbiote's that no one really cares about.

The news on the assortment is as follows:

Venom 2X

Carnage 2X

Spider-Ham 1X (That Spider-Verse team is coming along)

Typhoid Mary 1X (I can't wait to see what this looks like)

Poison 1X

Scream 1X (The Symbiote army is growing nicely as well)

Hasbro seems hellbent on being in the spotlight! The news has been coming fast and furiously!!!

The news on the assortment is as follows:

Venom 2X

Carnage 2X

Spider-Ham 1X (That Spider-Verse team is coming along)

Typhoid Mary 1X (I can't wait to see what this looks like)

Poison 1X

Scream 1X (The Symbiote army is growing nicely as well)

Hasbro seems hellbent on being in the spotlight! The news has been coming fast and furiously!!!

If this is true then it would be a brilliant wave.

• Typhoid Mary - Hasbro are really pushing the Daredevil mythos out aren't they. My guess is a heavy resculpted Jessica Jones.
  • Poison - most people are thinking it's the Poison from the Venomverse but I'm thinking it's this guy cause not only is it an alternate universe version of Venom but is also a version of Peter Parker. http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Peter_Parker_(Earth-70134)
  • Scream - Well we all called this.
  • Spider-ham -..............................................................................If true, My soul belongs to hasbro.

Just as I feared, just a buncha symbiote clones & weird characters. Sure, Scream was a given but Poison & Spider-Ham. Basically a one-off alternate dimension character & a gimmick character from the 80's. I know he's part of the Spider-verse but ya gotta admit it's pretty damn lame and honestly a cheap trick to save on plastic. Even the Venom & Carnage figures look like the same exact figures with a few added accessories and maybe a new head sculpt. Ya, they went super-saver on this wave with the only new sculpt most likely being Spider-Ham. Clever way to recoup some capital after from the costs it's gonna take to do the MCU heavy Avengers waves. I hope the BAF is at least something a little more interesting than the rest of the wave.

On the other hand I'm happy Typhoid Mary is finally getting her day in the sun. The only question is are they gonna go the toned down & censored Valkyrie route or are they gonna bank on the success of the surprisingly comic accurate Angela figure? Personally, I hope they go the less conservative route, but I fear the powers that be will once again drop their stones and give her the Safe For Work treatment. Though I agree with Tarot that she'll probably be done using some form of the Jessica Jones buck, I actually think the Rogue formula would serve her better. Either way, I hope they at least get her face sculpt right. Better yet, how but 2 head sculpts to represent her "sane" and "psycho" personalities?

Just as I feared, just a buncha symbiote clones & weird characters. Sure, Scream was a given but Poison & Spider-Ham. Basically a one-off alternate dimension character & a gimmick character from the 80's. I know he's part of the Spider-verse but ya gotta admit it's pretty damn lame and honestly a cheap trick to save on plastic. Even the Venom & Carnage figures look like the same exact figures with a few added accessories and maybe a new head sculpt. Ya, they went super-saver on this wave with the only new sculpt most likely being Spider-Ham. Clever way to recoup some capital after from the costs it's gonna take to do the MCU heavy Avengers waves. I hope the BAF is at least something a little more interesting than the rest of the wave.

On the other hand I'm happy Typhoid Mary is finally getting her day in the sun. The only question is are they gonna go the toned down & censored Valkyrie route or are they gonna bank on the success of the surprisingly comic accurate Angela figure? Personally, I hope they go the less conservative route, but I fear the powers that be will once again drop their stones and give her the Safe For Work treatment. Though I agree with Tarot that she'll probably be done using some form of the Jessica Jones buck, I actually think the Rogue formula would serve her better. Either way, I hope they at least get her face sculpt right. Better yet, how but 2 head sculpts to represent her "sane" and "psycho" personalities?

Yeah, Angela is one of my all time favorite ML from Hasbro. Lots of new parts and they didn't try to PC her up. Just action figures done accurately. Hasbro has been going more conservative lately though, so we will see. Also interested how they handle Psylocke's bodysuit in the back.

Dude people have been asking for the Pig for years looooong before the Spider-verse. He is a fun concept. and we have to have fun in collecting. Just look at all the reactions on social media and you would see that they are most are screaming in delight.

But I do see why you would think it's silly. I really do. It is just a cartoon pig in a spider-suit. But it's so silly that I like it because of that. I can only hope that it's not a single character and comes with a Spider-monkey mini figures.

Dude people have been asking for the Pig for years looooong before the Spider-verse. He is a fun concept. and we have to have fun in collecting. Just look at all the reactions on social media and you would see that they are most are screaming in delight.

But I do see why you would think it's silly. I really do. It is just a cartoon pig in a spider-suit. But it's so silly that I like it because of that. I can only hope that it's not a single character and comes with a Spider-monkey mini figures.

The fact that he was a small figure was more my point rather than the figure itself, though I didn't make that clear. Assuredly I do still think he's silly & gimmicky, Hell I even thought so when I was a kid, but I do understand there is a fan base for him, similar to Howard the Duck and Forbush Man. My feelings were more in the direction that, like the latest Rocket figure, we're paying premium price for a tiny piece of plastic. Now if they could include other figures like Spider-Monkey or the aforementioned Howard the Duck or perhaps some webbing effects that can be used interchangeably for all the Spider-Verse figs I wouldn't feel so strongly, but no, more than likely it'll probably just come with the largest portion of the BAF. I'll still buy him, simply for the fact that he's a new figure.

The fact that he was a small figure was more my point rather than the figure itself, though I didn't make that clear. Assuredly I do still think he's silly & gimmicky, Hell I even thought so when I was a kid, but I do understand there is a fan base for him, similar to Howard the Duck and Forbush Man. My feelings were more in the direction that, like the latest Rocket figure, we're paying premium price for a tiny piece of plastic. Now if they could include other figures like Spider-Monkey or the aforementioned Howard the Duck or perhaps some webbing effects that can be used interchangeably for all the Spider-Verse figs I wouldn't feel so strongly, but no, more than likely it'll probably just come with the largest portion of the BAF. I'll still buy him, simply for the fact that he's a new figure.

Fair enough. I can understand not wanting to pay full price for a smaller figure. My guess if he doesn't come with another figure, then something like an alternate head.

Here is 10 symbiotes I want made. What do you think>

http://nearcompleteset.com/2018/02/06/top-10-symbiotes-that-need-to-be-made/

I'd be great with this list. And if Toxin and Scorn made it into some wave, I'd be set regardless of what other figures join them.

To touch on the talk about this film being set in the greater MCU, it was reported on 2/4/18 that the CEO of Sony stepped down and is being replaced, which has led to speculation that the entertainment section of the company may be sold; that would include Spider-Man, Ghostbusters, and other franchises. If this is true and happens, I imagine Disney will probably buy Spider-Man and Venom, and whatever else.

http://www.bgr.in/news/sony-might-sell-off-tv-film-business-including-spider-man-ghostbusters-report/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Typhoid mary looks beautiful. but I'm slightly disappointed by the Gargan Venom (very very Slightly). Not that it's doesn't look awesome and that we didn't need a newer version (this is a huge improvement over TB ones), it's just I was hoping for someone new like Lee Price.

Ya, I was pretty sure the BAF was gonna be some version of the feral Venom & yes it is better than the Toybiz version. Way to rally back after that undersized Sasquatch debacle. I love Typhoid Mary. Hit me from left field but I'm happy to have it. The biggest disappointment about this wave is that it's only 6 figs deep. I feel like, since they were including figures like Mary anyway, they coulda worked in another easy character using an existing buck. Y'know, someone like maybe Tarantula or Vermin or even the Spot or Cardiac. Second looming disappointment is what's up with the Spider-Ham. There better be more to it than that small unarticulated legged piece of plastic. I'm sure it will come with the largest part of the BAF, but it better come with some web effects or Howard the Duck or something.

At the end of the day I guess we can all be happy the BAF wasn't Riot.