Toyfair 2018 Predictions

tarot

Premium Marvel Legends MCU Ronan the Accuser is coming. Should be announced this weekend with pre-orders potentially opening on Saturday.

Huh....?
There is a Ronan figure from Guardians of the Galaxy. Should be revealed at Toy Fair.

dude you have to give some kinda of Source for stuff like that or else people will think you are just talking out of your behind.

Premium Marvel Legends MCU Ronan the Accuser is coming. Should be announced this weekend with pre-orders potentially opening on Saturday.

Huh....?
There is a Ronan figure from Guardians of the Galaxy. Should be revealed at Toy Fair.

dude you have to give some kinda of Source for stuff like that or else people will think you are just talking out of your behind.

Im not really supposed to say, but it came from an e-tailer

Huh....?

see saying it coming from a etailer (and not even giving the name) is still giving a source. it's more reliable then just typing. "this guy is coming". what you should have said is "I just got word from a etailer that we might be getting a ......."

Huh....?

see saying it coming from a etailer (and not even giving the name) is still giving a source. it's more reliable then just typing. "this guy is coming". what you should have said is "I just got word from a etailer that we might be getting a ......."

I got you. Makes sense. Note taken. Will do so from now on.

I'm with the majority on this subject. MCU figs literally clog pegs and warm for months on end. They may have been what got the line restarted but absolutely cannot be what's sustaining it. Unless they're getting Hollywood money or something. Sorry MCUcollector I know it's your bag.

Haha all good. We all like what we like and at the end of the day were all one toy collecting community.

I still got tons of pics of Loki, Thor, the entire Netflix line up and now Black Panther & Killmonger figures just suffocating shelf space and I'm tempted to start posting them again but it's like beating your head against a brick wall. MCU lovers are in total denial. I to am of the opinion that they're more actor collectors rather than character collectors at this point. My challenge is still open tho. I defy anyone to post more pics of comic figures overwhelming MCU figures on the pegs than I can post pics of just the opposite. I suspect no one will step up to the challenge cuz it just doesn't happen. For the record tho, if the MCU Ronan thing is legit I'll be the first in line. The thing I'm most curious about is the whole "Premium" title. Does that mean he comes with extra accessories or a diorama stand? Maybe light up power effects?

I still got tons of pics of Loki, Thor, the entire Netflix line up and now Black Panther & Killmonger figures just suffocating shelf space and I'm tempted to start posting them again but it's like beating your head against a brick wall. MCU lovers are in total denial. I to am of the opinion that they're more actor collectors rather than character collectors at this point. My challenge is still open tho. I defy anyone to post more pics of comic figures overwhelming MCU figures on the pegs than I can post pics of just the opposite. I suspect no one will step up to the challenge cuz it just doesn't happen. For the record tho, if the MCU Ronan thing is legit I'll be the first in line. The thing I'm most curious about is the whole "Premium" title. Does that mean he comes with extra accessories or a diorama stand? Maybe light up power effects?

Supposed to be more improved articulation and detail. Here in NorCal, movie figures are not warming as much as your area must be. Now the double packed movie figures are sure, but not a crazy amount. For a time there was a lot of Loki around, but even those have dwindled down. Im not in denial, just calling it how I see it in my area.

MCUCollector, You've never been in denial. What's more, even though you are an avid MCU fan (it's not like your name gives anything away), you still show an affinity for Marvel based figures. In addition, when you post your reviews about Marvel Based characters and you aren't familiar or know a lot about them, you state that. You don't try to play the role and pretend like you know what you're talking about. HOWEVER comma a lot of your fellow MCU collectors are a different story (like our friend above). Yes there are pockets where the ratios are more even, or dominated by Marvel figs shelf warming, but we all know the vast majority is held up by the MCU. It's begun to get ridiculous! We have people wanting Gwyneth Paltrow ( I'm done calling these people by their character names). It's one thing to want an iconic civilian like MaryJane Watson or J. Jonah Jameson, but Gwyneth friggin" Paltrow?!?!? This is Marvel Legends, not Barbie and Ken! Hasbro didn't see fit to even give us a Pepper Potts head sculpt with Rescue...AND THEY HAD ONE ALREADY MADE!!! I, like my brother from another mother Monron also believe it's more about the actor than it is about the character. That same friend above also stated he wants ALL the previous MCU figs re-released since they now use the digital print process! Like this means any character wearing a mask will automatically get an alternate head sculpt. Hell, I truly believe most wouldn't care if the only head sculpt were maskless! Did you know 89.6% of MCU collectors display their figs without masks? (I made that up. Trying to add a lil levity)

You're right; we like what we like, but you (being one of the more sensible and reasonable MCU fans) have to see this increase in percentage in waves can't be good in the long run. You all rage for "more villains", but look at the bulk; Alexander Pierce, Ulysses Klaue, Arnim Zola, Helmut Zemo (you telling me HE looks more interesting than Marvel Zemo?), Batroc and Aldrich Killian. Made up bad guys like "Kaecilus" and (Ugh) Trevor Slattery. And about that; most MCU fans don't care that the entire concept of Slattery and the Mandarin was a straight up slap in the face to Marvel fans.

You all should get Paul Bettany I agree. Even Lee Pace (Ronan) and Yellowjacket, but c'mon! can't any of you see the ramifications? Not only do new Marvel based characters NOT get made, or take longer to come out (something I know most MCU fans don't care), but at some point, the peg warming HAS to get noticed, and when that happens, this line is doomed. I know you all want as many o these colorless characters as possible, but you have to know we need to go back to 1 or 2 MCU figs per wave with the OCCASIONAL BAF. Not 5 out of 8 figures, and definitely not some costumeless character (Gwyneth Paltrow! You gotta be friggin' kiddin' me)!

Ill give you that. If we were to get a Pepper Potts figure I would be happy, but also happy to not ever get one. I wouldnt mind it at all if it were 2 figures per wave of it were the main character and villain. Civilians dont make sense. I think a fair and easy fix on paper would be to stop double packing figures and have those 2 spots to additional comic figures. I would hope that Hasbro is aware of the warmers and that Marvel signs off and not over producing the movie figures (Im sure Marvel themselves have some kind of say in this as well). I wouldnt doubt that some collectors collect for the actor. Its not about the actor for me, but really is about the character (although, the casting is on point so the actors and characters tend to gel together for me).

Its not practical for Hasbro to rerelease all previous MCU characters or necessary even, but not going to lie I would for sure but then all.

Lets all hope together that there is a compromise and happy medium for all to be statistics will keeping the line flourishing.

That's the problem. We HAD a compromise (or more to the point, a "HAPPY medium"). Then the demands for A-more, and B-unnecessary characters started happening. And this from mostly people who wouldn't even bother to pick up a comic book to learn about the character. No, they would rather to simply gaze into Chris Evans/Pratt's eyes (not that it would make a difference in this day and age because even Marvel themselves "disfigure" the character to emulate the movie version on the remote chance an actor lover picks up a book and they need to "identify" with the character). I get it. If a character becomes available, get it! Why not? But we're talking about foo...err PEOPLE demanding Robert Redford, Gwyneth Patrow etc. It's like dealing with your wife/girlfriend. They ultimately get their way because why? They "sandpaper" you to death until they get what they want. Same deal here. It's why we went from 1-2 to 4 plus BAF.

Guys. If I see one more thread being filled with this MCU vs comic, peg clogging or the likes the post will be deleted. Stick to what the thread is about please.

Sorry if this seems harsh but it's getting to the point where almost every thread Is being filled with it. We don't mind discussions about it but stop bringing it up in every thread

Guys. If I see one more thread being filled with this MCU vs comic, peg clogging or the likes the post will be deleted. Stick to what the thread is about please.

Sorry if this seems harsh but it's getting to the point where almost every thread Is being filled with it. We don't mind discussions about it but stop bringing it up in every thread

Lol. Doesn't every thread break down to an MCU vs. Comic all out throwdown? I was thinking the same thing. It was actually probably my fault, but back on subject.

I was also thinking maybe we might also unveil, at least verbally, the next set of Riders figures. I'm thinking the first set tested well enough we might be getting at least 2 waves this year if not 3. I know at least Logan and Captain America will get one. Also be ready. That Spider cycle is coming.

Lol. Doesn't every thread break down to an MCU vs. Comic all out throwdown? I was thinking the same thing. It was actually probably my fault, but back on subject.

I was also thinking maybe we might also unveil, at least verbally, the next set of Riders figures. I'm thinking the first set tested well enough we might be getting at least 2 waves this year if not 3. I know at least Logan and Captain America will get one. Also be ready. That Spider cycle is coming.

I hope there is some kind of announcement too

One wish lister down, one to go. Much love, Ruk! With the New Mutants movie coming, Guido can't be too far away. Right? right......? Someone give me some hope. Please?

Plus a comic of the same name featuring...guess who? Strong Guy has to be around the corner, or at least up the block! But getting Guido is only half the battle Monron. It could be very easy for Hasbro to mess up his appearance. He has to be distorted (way oversized upper torso and skinny legs).

One wish lister down, one to go. Much love, Ruk! With the New Mutants movie coming, Guido can't be too far away. Right? right......? Someone give me some hope. Please?

Plus a comic of the same name featuring...guess who? Strong Guy has to be around the corner, or at least up the block! But getting Guido is only half the battle Monron. It could be very easy for Hasbro to mess up his appearance. He has to be distorted (way oversized upper torso and skinny legs).

I believe the Space Venom would be a good based. Good? Bad?

I believe the Space Venom would be a good based. Good? Bad?

I had the same thoughts some time ago. Even toyed with doing a custom, but I guess it really depends on which era of his evolution they do it from, if they ever do him at all. If they do his latest look from X-Factor Investigations the Space Venom mold would work, but if they choose his more classic X-Factor government team look he's much more hunched over & disproprtionate. The latter might be particularly harder to do from a technical standpoint because he would be pretty hard to stand. I'm hoping for a comfortable medium between the styles, or maybe his new look in the New Mutants might solve the riddle altogether. Only time will tell I suppose, but I do look forward to the chance to scrutinize (probably overscrutize) the first ever Strong Guy ML figure.