Sign in to follow this  
jonnyshowcase

Amalgam Customs

I would love to see the Amalgam-verse produced as an actual figure line, one day!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Sponsors

• Topics

• In my recent memory they have released Thor and Spider Man without any notice or previous figure shown. The same was done to Thanos. The Big difference in all of these situations is hat the figures were all comic based.  I guess what is different is the light.  The pictures come from the same site.  If they are bootlegs are well done and even the package looks nice. They could be from China were they make the figures. There is one famous bootleg that is the Mark 43. That one is nothing more than a Mark 42 repainted, but comes with some fun accessories that were made for this figure like the unmasked head and two infinity gauntlets.  The head is actually very well made. The package looks very similar to a real Marvel Select. But again they had a figure to star from.  The last one that they released was two years ago the Mark46 from Civil War and this one does not seem to be the same figure because the articulation scheme is different. Mainly on the lower part of the figure.    But there are a lot of good forgeries out there and some customizers do make good jobs. We also live in the Fake News era, so we must question everything that we hear or see when is not from a reliable source.   
    • Actually I'm pretty sure that's been the "amended" version of the SW buck they've been using since they determined that the original SW was way too tall. As a customizer I've spend plenty of time (and money) distinguishing the two. From what I can tell, the SW and Moonstone shared the same thighs from the start, but the upper thighs in th SW at the "T" joint were substantially longer. They've since cut the thighs shorter to make the figures shorter. Why they just didn't just decide to modify the hips of the SW buck to accept the shorter upper thighs that were used on the Moonstone buck is beyond my pay grade, but the attempt to rectify and balance the problems with the SW (too tall) and Bishop (legs too skinny) bucks can be seen in the Dark Phoenix/Psylocke buck which I see to be the perfect "thinner" female buck. Nothing's ever been changed on the Moonstone buck which actually confirms to me they though it was perfect from the start, it's just to "sexy" to use anymore. Thanks political correctness.
    • Exactly, that's the reason we're still waiting on guys like Beast, Nightcrawler and updated versions of Hulk and Thor. If they do them all in one pop they would run outta figures to keep us on the hook in the future. By spattering all the "big wants" throughout the waves and giving us some less wanted yet well received characters like Punk Storm and Disco Dazzler they can do some decent waves that us collectors will be somewhat content with only to save the more wanted figures to be the main draws in another wave. It's all about longevity of the brand. Personally I don't like how thinly they spread it out cuz I think they could put more of our big wants in every wave but I also understand it's important to extend ML into the future for as long as possible. The biggest problem I see is maybe a sudden termination of the line or maybe a major change causing a stall or reboot of the line similar to the TB/Hasbro change over that may cause some of these not done characters to fall into Limbo.
    • Not disagreeing with you my brotha, but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the Vintage Wasp is using the Moonstone buck (at least the bottom part, but that's the part in question). Of course they needed to use the upper torso that accommodates wings.
    • No doubt. I've seen loads of Magik at the local Walgreens out my way, but still no Thing.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE