Is there such a things as to much Marvel Legends

JayC

On 8/1/2018 at 5:06 PM, Gmen4ever said:

The people running the stores are ignorant then. It's just BS excuses. From 2002-2007, TB did Marvel legends without huge movie hype & the ML line sold extremely well & the vast majority of it was comic based asides from the bad X-Men/FF movie based figs. 

And then they went out of business. The market has obviously changed quite a bit since then. Look how well the attempt to continue the line with the Legendary Comic Heroes brand after they lost the Marvel license worked out for them.

Now that Ironman hit in 08 & started the MCU era, it's all catering to the non comic based crowd & geared towards the " I have no idea who this character was before the movie came out" crowd. I bet prior to his debut in civil war & then  BP, hardly anyone outside of CB readers even knew T'Challa existed, now entire waves are dedicated to him. 

And? It's called running a business. Trying to get a wider market to buy your product is the point of selling stuff in the first place.

Yeah, that's because hardly anyone reads comics anymore, all about watching movies now to see characters that have been around since the 60s.  The comic book industry is at an all time low nowadays at Marvel with all the BS SJW comics & storylines they're spewing. It's even started to infect some DC titles as well with Bendis screwing up Superman & turning him into a soy drinker. So glad I quit collecting after WW HUlk & Planet Hulk story arcs ended.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/11/2018 at 4:37 AM, Rukkdeez said:

Not to mention Groot was a TRU single packed exclusive.

Indeed. That was the 1st offender!

Thank you,capt. How could I forget?

(Uh,maybe I was subconsciously blocking it out,being that I was laid off from tRu.) Lol! I am GROOT!

B-) Shalom

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What I'd like to see Hasbro do is expand the vintage wave to 3-releases a yr of 6 figs per. That way those of us that are just classic comic based collectors can get our favs done that way while they continue with a mixture of MCU/Comic based waves that include more modern based comic looks in their regular releases with BAFs. I think each vintage wave should be themed to a certain team in their classic looks. An Avengers vintage wave could include 1st app Wonderman, Scarlet witch, Swordsman, Ironman, Falcon & Count Nefaria for example. Next vintage wave could be FF themed & so on.

On 10/9/2018 at 9:59 PM, Gmen4ever said:

What I'd like to see Hasbro do is expand the vintage wave to 3-releases a yr of 6 figs per. That way those of us that are just classic comic based collectors can get our favs done that way while they continue with a mixture of MCU/Comic based waves that include more modern based comic looks in their regular releases with BAFs. I think each vintage wave should be themed to a certain team in their classic looks. An Avengers vintage wave could include 1st app Wonderman, Scarlet witch, Swordsman, Ironman, Falcon & Count Nefaria for example. Next vintage wave could be FF themed & so on.

An X-Men themed vintage wave would be great for them for their inevitable repaints - X-Factor Cyke, Emma, another Jean Grey, Giant Sized Storm, classic Iceman, then someone like Magneto.

Does anyone think that Hasbro possibly shoot their load this year? They've thrown everything and the kitchen sink this year, and while next year looks promising, they definitely can't match the output. Plus, the finale this year is the possible pegwarming BP. 

4 hours ago, nieman257 said:

Does anyone think that Hasbro possibly shoot their load this year? They've thrown everything and the kitchen sink this year, and while next year looks promising, they definitely can't match the output. Plus, the finale this year is the possible pegwarming BP. 

I'm not sure why that'd be any more of a potential pegwarmer than anything else Hasbro could possibly put out at that time.

1 hour ago, watanabefan said:

I'm not sure why that'd be any more of a potential pegwarmer than anything else Hasbro could possibly put out at that time.

True. But what's next year? We have a Spidey wave, that has the Kingpin, X-wave, and Avengers wave which will prob be lots of movie figs, a Captain Marvel wave and....? It definitely won't be as strong as thing year...or at least no where as many. We had about 12 waves this year....1 per month