Jump to content

Is there such a things as to much Marvel Legends


Recommended Posts

On 8/1/2018 at 5:06 PM, Gmen4ever said:

The people running the stores are ignorant then. It's just BS excuses. From 2002-2007, TB did Marvel legends without huge movie hype & the ML line sold extremely well & the vast majority of it was comic based asides from the bad X-Men/FF movie based figs. 

And then they went out of business. The market has obviously changed quite a bit since then. Look how well the attempt to continue the line with the Legendary Comic Heroes brand after they lost the Marvel license worked out for them.

 

Now that Ironman hit in 08 & started the MCU era, it's all catering to the non comic based crowd & geared towards the " I have no idea who this character was before the movie came out" crowd. I bet prior to his debut in civil war & then  BP, hardly anyone outside of CB readers even knew T'Challa existed, now entire waves are dedicated to him. 

And? It's called running a business. Trying to get a wider market to buy your product is the point of selling stuff in the first place.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that's because hardly anyone reads comics anymore, all about watching movies now to see characters that have been around since the 60s.  The comic book industry is at an all time low nowadays at Marvel with all the BS SJW comics & storylines they're spewing. It's even started to infect some DC titles as well with Bendis screwing up Superman & turning him into a soy drinker. So glad I quit collecting after WW HUlk & Planet Hulk story arcs ended.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...
On 8/11/2018 at 4:37 AM, Rukkdeez said:

Not to mention Groot was a TRU single packed exclusive.

Indeed. That was the 1st offender!

Thank you,capt. How could I forget?

(Uh,maybe I was subconsciously blocking it out,being that I was laid off from tRu.) Lol! I am GROOT!

B-) Shalom

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What I'd like to see Hasbro do is expand the vintage wave to 3-releases a yr of 6 figs per. That way those of us that are just classic comic based collectors can get our favs done that way while they continue with a mixture of MCU/Comic based waves that include more modern based comic looks in their regular releases with BAFs. I think each vintage wave should be themed to a certain team in their classic looks. An Avengers vintage wave could include 1st app Wonderman, Scarlet witch, Swordsman, Ironman, Falcon & Count Nefaria for example. Next vintage wave could be FF themed & so on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2018 at 9:59 PM, Gmen4ever said:

What I'd like to see Hasbro do is expand the vintage wave to 3-releases a yr of 6 figs per. That way those of us that are just classic comic based collectors can get our favs done that way while they continue with a mixture of MCU/Comic based waves that include more modern based comic looks in their regular releases with BAFs. I think each vintage wave should be themed to a certain team in their classic looks. An Avengers vintage wave could include 1st app Wonderman, Scarlet witch, Swordsman, Ironman, Falcon & Count Nefaria for example. Next vintage wave could be FF themed & so on.

An X-Men themed vintage wave would be great for them for their inevitable repaints - X-Factor Cyke, Emma, another Jean Grey, Giant Sized Storm, classic Iceman, then someone like Magneto.

 

Does anyone think that Hasbro possibly shoot their load this year? They've thrown everything and the kitchen sink this year, and while next year looks promising, they definitely can't match the output. Plus, the finale this year is the possible pegwarming BP. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nieman257 said:

Does anyone think that Hasbro possibly shoot their load this year? They've thrown everything and the kitchen sink this year, and while next year looks promising, they definitely can't match the output. Plus, the finale this year is the possible pegwarming BP. 

I'm not sure why that'd be any more of a potential pegwarmer than anything else Hasbro could possibly put out at that time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, watanabefan said:

I'm not sure why that'd be any more of a potential pegwarmer than anything else Hasbro could possibly put out at that time.

True. But what's next year? We have a Spidey wave, that has the Kingpin, X-wave, and Avengers wave which will prob be lots of movie figs, a Captain Marvel wave and....? It definitely won't be as strong as thing year...or at least no where as many. We had about 12 waves this year....1 per month

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE