2018 SDCC Exclusive Marvel Legends Netflix Defenders Rail Authority 5-Pack Official Images & Details

JayC

This leaked out last week, but now we have all the official images for the upcoming 2018 San Diego Comic Con exclusive Marvel Legends 6" Netflix Defenders boxset which is officially titled the Defenders Rail Authority 5-Pack.

It will come in packaging made to look like a NYC Subway car and features figures of Daredevil w/unmasked head, Cage (Red Shirt), Jessica Jones with no jacket, Iron Fist and Collen Wing. The set will cost $124.99. For those not attending the con, this set will be made available on the Hasbro Toy Shop sometime after the convention, possibly starting on 8/13. Check out the new images below including hi-res versions of the figures out of the package.

MARVEL LEGENDS SERIES DEFENDERS RAIL AUTHORITY 5-PACK - in pkg1.png

MARVEL LEGENDS SERIES DEFENDERS RAIL AUTHORITY 5-PACK - in pkg2.jpg

MARVEL LEGENDS SERIES DEFENDERS RAIL AUTHORITY 5-PACK - oop.jpg

marvel_legends_series_defenders_rail_authority_5-pack-01.jpg

marvel_legends_series_defenders_rail_authority_5-pack-02.jpg

marvel_legends_series_defenders_rail_authority_5-pack-03.jpg

marvel_legends_series_defenders_rail_authority_5-pack-04.jpg

marvel_legends_series_defenders_rail_authority_5-pack-06.jpg

Just my 2 cents for what would have made this set more appealing, give us Matt Murdock in civilian clothes and walking stick, include a soft-goods hoodie with Cage. $125 for 5 figures seems kinda steep to me, especially when there isn't much new here and chances are great Iron Fist and probably Colleen will be re-released similar to what we are seeing with Cage.

I really love this set. I have been hoping for a Luke Cage and Iron Fist to be released since the first Netflix wave of figures and now we are finally getting them! Now I hope they make a Marvel Legends Netflix series 2 with figures like Misty Knight, Elektra (Villain Attire), Stick, 3 other figures with the Netflix Kingpin BAF which would be amazing!

I have also heard either from youtuber JayC or another youtuber hat there is an Iron Fist and Colleen Wing 2 Pack going to be released as well sometime this year. I think if this is true then it will be released along with Season 2 of Iron Fist just like the Luke Cage and Claire Temple 2-Pack was released along with Luke Cage Season 2.

6 hours ago, chax said:

A hoodie would've been better on Luke Cage

I know right, it could have been a soft-goods one so you could put it on or take it off. The one that has the yellow on the inside would have been perfect with this figure that has the red shirt.

26 minutes ago, bnash2420071 said:

I really love this set. I have been hoping for a Luke Cage and Iron Fist to be released since the first Netflix wave of figures and now we are finally getting them! Now I hope they make a Marvel Legends Netflix series 2 with figures like Misty Knight, Elektra (Villain Attire), Stick, 3 other figures with the Netflix Kingpin BAF which would be amazing!

I have also heard either from youtuber JayC or another youtuber hat there is an Iron Fist and Colleen Wing 2 Pack going to be released as well sometime this year. I think if this is true then it will be released along with Season 2 of Iron Fist just like the Luke Cage and Claire Temple 2-Pack was released along with Luke Cage Season 2.

There has been nothing confirmed for a Iron Fist Colleen 2-Pack however most times these SDCC exclusive figures end up being released in the main line as non-comic con exclusives with paint variations at some point, and being we have the Cage/Temple pack coming to Walmart, a logical conclusion would be that we will see something similar with Iron Fist and Wing. Again though that is purely speculation at this point and nothing specific has actually been announced.

I don't usually collect MCU figures, just comic's. But I think that the no-hoodie Luke Cage is a missed opportunity. And it seems Danny Rand will not have alternate hands, with I think will reduce his possible poses.

However, the Colleen Wing figure looks great and I really hope that Hasbro is making a comic accurate version for the next Spidey wave. I need her next to my Misty Knight figure to form the Daughters of the Dragon.

It's that time of year again when our wallets go KaBlam! KaBlooey! As much as I've loved the SDCC Marvel Legends exclusive figures over the last 5 years or so, I'm kind of relieved that they all seem to be movie/TV based figures. I don't collect MCU figures so I can save a few bucks for the never ending barrage of what seems like increasing numbers of yearly Marvel Legends wave releases. It's a golden age of Marvel Legends right now and as long as they keep innovating and giving us more value for our $20+ dollars, I'll continue to scoop them up with relish. There really is something for everyoner, and as mentioned, this year the MCU fans get a little extra love.

I think it's a smart idea for an exclusive, but it is a real easy pass for me. I can wait for the Luke Cage /Claire 2-pack, I'm not too fired up for the unmasked Daredevil head, I like my Jessica Jones with the jacket a bit more, and I was not a fan of the Iron Fist show. Easy pass, unless it gets a drastic markdown. 

This is indeed a very solid set. The box  is very nice and is a change of theme. However, somethings are quite disappointing. Mainly the head sculpts. Considering the recent improvement for the MCU figures, O feel like except for Jessica's the others are very underwhelming.  I hope doesn't the line when they release the figures as single carded, they improve it. At least the paint job. Also Luke is definitely missing the hoodie.

When the review comes we'll see it in more detail.

I was really looking forward to an Iron Fist and Colleen Wing action figure when the Netflix series first debuted. Seeing the promo images though, I'm not very sold on this set. For one thing, the head sculpts for the two mentioned characters are atrocious and for another, they went for the Danny Rand in a suit rather than the green hoodie, which I would argue is the better Defenders outfit for him.

This is an easy pass for me.  Not only do I not really care for the shows, but Danny looks terrible, everyone but Danny and Colleen are reused figures, and Luke doesn't even have his yellow shirt!  Maybe if they have given him a bullet riddled hoodie but a RED SHIRT?  Come on!  Saves me the trouble of trying to find on online, though.

I've not been watching any of the Marvel Netflix series, as yet... But, I've been digging the looks of the figures, thus far. And I'm actually mad digging the subway car motif of the box for this set. It's pretty cool.