JayC

Enter For A Chance To Win A Set Of Marvel Legends 6" X-Men & Avengers Infinity War Wave Figures

these waves are hitting fast and hard here in cananda...second avengers infinity wave, venom wave, X-Men wave, Spider-Man wave and the 10 year studio wave all at once!!  I gotta pick and choose my battles and this is not going well!!

I’ve been a Marvel Legends collector since the Captain America/Hulk/Iron Man/Toad wave.  

And I am just as fascinated by the business of Action Figures as I am with the actual figures themselves.

I cannot remember a year like 2018, with this many waves of figures.  It has been a constant flow.
An ambitious year for Hasbro, to be sure, but unfortunately the year Toys “R” Us ceased its US operation.   (I am assuming TRU is a huge customer and was a large portion of their Accounts Receivable.)

I am fearful that this has affected production, and will result in less figures getting produced. Which given Hasbro’s ambitious 2018 plans, really hurts us Collectors, as less product is being produced.
The evidence to support my theory is the scarcity of Mysterio, Spider-Noir, and Reed Richards, and the fact that whole waves arrive in stores, disappear quickly, and are never restocked.  HTS, which was always my last resort, runs out and deletes items (not "temporary out of stock",  just this "this is embarrasing").  Same for BBTS and the others.      

Walgreens/Duane Reade, which has been my reliable, go-to store for Marvel Legends (three near my house, many more a short drive away, plus the 5 or 6 I visit everyday in my commute through Manhattan)   has all but dried up lately.  I used to run out of cash, and had to decide which figures to get today, and which to go back for after payday.  But now, all I see are old inventory and mostly empty shelves.

I havent been able to find any of the new waves in Canada, has anyone else had better luck? Has anyone done any customs with the new waves eg- Classic Magneto, X-Force Psylocke?

5 hours ago, mars396 said:

I’ve been a Marvel Legends collector since the Captain America/Hulk/Iron Man/Toad wave.  

And I am just as fascinated by the business of Action Figures as I am with the actual figures themselves.

I cannot remember a year like 2018, with this many waves of figures.  It has been a constant flow.
An ambitious year for Hasbro, to be sure, but unfortunately the year Toys “R” Us ceased its US operation.   (I am assuming TRU is a huge customer and was a large portion of their Accounts Receivable.)

I am fearful that this has affected production, and will result in less figures getting produced. Which given Hasbro’s ambitious 2018 plans, really hurts us Collectors, as less product is being produced.
The evidence to support my theory is the scarcity of Mysterio, Spider-Noir, and Reed Richards, and the fact that whole waves arrive in stores, disappear quickly, and are never restocked.  HTS, which was always my last resort, runs out and deletes items (not "temporary out of stock",  just this "this is embarrasing").  Same for BBTS and the others.      

Walgreens/Duane Reade, which has been my reliable, go-to store for Marvel Legends (three near my house, many more a short drive away, plus the 5 or 6 I visit everyday in my commute through Manhattan)   has all but dried up lately.  I used to run out of cash, and had to decide which figures to get today, and which to go back for after payday.  But now, all I see are old inventory and mostly empty shelves.

I hear you, its all most TOO much.  I collected those first few waves, then stopped and just started back a couple years ago, so I am totally overwhelmed.  I usually try to get the whole wave, selling off any I don't want, or replacing new figures with older ones, but man.  With this many coming at once, Im just trying to pick up those I know will be hard to find hoping I can fill out the collection later.  I wonder how retailers are handling it?  Most of my regular spots are still full of peg warmers from 1-2 years ago.

Really hoping to get these 2 waves! Both have figures that ive been looking forward to and both BAF looks amazing!

I'm planning on getting the X-Wave regardless of anything (X-Fan for life), but the Cull Obsidian wave would be a really nice treat.

And yeah, I am totally with you all on the double-edged sword of this massive amount of product in 2018. Especially since I'm not generally a full-wave person outside of X-Men, but between individual characters and the BAFs this year, it's an expensive time. Both Deadpool waves, the X-Men wave, and the SP//dr wave, alongside most of the Lizard wave... and that's only the mainline waves, that's not even getting into multipacks, special lines (Marvel Studios 10th and Legendary Riders), and the various exclusives.

But, even then, I am so happy to see so many new figures that I want. It's nuts. Especially since price increases have made my old collecting vice, Transformers, much less viable this year, which means doubling-down on Legends. Like I said, it's crazy.

I really want to win so pick me!

I would really like to win the infinity war set I've never had a full wave to build the specific character and good luck to everyone who entered!!!

wow its a good opportunity for people like me to have a chance to get these amazing figures . two waves of marvel legends which all of the figures are necessary and important . thank you . wish luck for everyone who wins 

Will try my luck on this giveaway. Awesome opportunity. It is so hard keeping up with all these waves coming in, it’s crazy. Good luck to you all.

Considering I still need to buy the Juggernaut and Warlock waves (stopped collecting for a while) I'd love to get both sets... Due to my addiction to plastic

Don't judge me!

The QC needs to go up Wolverine with yellow eyes and such should not be hitting shelves

but if they come out like the promo shots then great!

Wishing me luck for these sets, hahaha, thanks JayC. I really like this xmen set. The black widow and baf are great!

I checked their reviews.. They have really good articulation and they look awesome too..  I'm hoping Marvel continues to have such amazing figures! 

According to the reviews, these are the best waves..  I just love the paint job as well as the articulation! Thor, antman, wasp, storm and wolverine are my very favourites!! Would love to add these to my collection. 

This is a great thing that a collector will be able to get an entire wave, especially the xmen because the storm is a really nice figure and personally I like the magneto