Celebrate the Return of the FANTASTIC FOUR with a New Cover by Joe Quesada

JayC

This August, 57 years to the day of their original debut, Marvel’s First Family returns as the FANTASTIC FOUR make their dramatic homecoming to the Marvel Universe!

In celebration of the much-anticipated launch of FANTASTIC FOUR #1, Marvel is excited to reveal a variant cover with art from our very own Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada, never before seen as a cover!

Don’t miss the epic return of Johnny, Ben, Sue, and Reed on August 8th, when FANTASTIC FOUR #1 hits your local comic shop!

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 (JUN180762)

Written by DAN SLOTT

Art by SARA PICHELLI

Covers by ESAD RIBIC

On Sale 8/8/18

GALACTUS_QUESADA_CVR.jpg

Nice! I am so excited with all these Marvel characters coming back home to Marvel! It kind of makes me wonder if they knew this was going to happen for sure because of the news of the Fantastic Four coming back was announced months ago.

I am so glad to have the Fantastic Four returning to the main comic landscape. I never was a tremendous Fantastic Four fan (always more Captain America, Avengers, Deadpool, Punisher, Wolverine fan), but with the MCU delving more into the cosmic universe, I have had more and more interest in their characters and storylines. My son and I have been watching the 1990's Fantastic Four cartoon together lately, which was a great reminder of how fun their characters were. 

I really hope this new F4 book is good. I liked Hickman's run on the title from a couple years ago. I don't read many comics anymore unless they are out in a trade but I might pick up the first couple issues of this. Also, Quesada is one of my favorite comic artists and I welcome any book with his art even if it's just a cover.

I really like Sara Pichelli's art in the Miles Morales Spider-Man books so I have no doubt that the book will look great. On the other hand, I still don't trust Dan Slott especially after what happened with his run towards the end of Spider-Man. He pushed his own agendas and changed everything for the sake of changing. So that might happen with the Fantastic Four too, especially if he gets his hands on the series for a while. Good cover by Quesada though.

This cover looks awesome. Galactus is in all of his glory in that artwork. And also I really hope that we could have not only a comic return of Fantastic Four, but a good cinematic adaptation for this superhero family. It's so sad, I think, that there's not a good cinematic adaptation that makes justice to this fantastic team (not yet, at least).

7 hours ago, colt539xrdrt said:

I am so glad to have the Fantastic Four returning to the main comic landscape. I never was a tremendous Fantastic Four fan (always more Captain America, Avengers, Deadpool, Punisher, Wolverine fan), but with the MCU delving more into the cosmic universe, I have had more and more interest in their characters and storylines. My son and I have been watching the 1990's Fantastic Four cartoon together lately, which was a great reminder of how fun their characters were. 

I love that Fantastic Four cartoon, I have the series on DVD and watch an episode or 2 every once in a while. I credit that series with my love for the Inhumans and it was also my introduction to the Black Panther. 

8 hours ago, Merchverse said:

Glad FF is back. I wonder which version of a team set we are going to get in Legends form because you know it's coming.

I hadn't thought of that. If they do, hopefully it includes Valeria. I picked up Reed and Sue out of the Walgreens releases. I probably won't get Ben though. Did you check those out? 

15 hours ago, swede4444 said:

I hadn't thought of that. If they do, hopefully it includes Valeria. I picked up Reed and Sue out of the Walgreens releases. I probably won't get Ben though. Did you check those out? 

I have the Reed, Sue and Torch. Definitely going to get Thing. He looks awesome. I'm thinking they will do a set that has a powered down Johnny and they will definitely do more Thing figures because they are not going to make a brand new sculpt and just use it once. I could see Ultimates versions, and Future Foundation .