Factory paint applications on early shipments

baba-o-r-lyeh

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes on the figures that get reviewed before the waves are officially released the paint is often sloppy? I noticed in Jay Cs Venom review as well as the earlier one that was done by a guy in Hong Kong that there were issues with the sloppy application of white spider logo. On Jay C's the abdominal area was not crisp, but had blurry edges. It feels like the factory sometimes releases figures from the first few rounds of production where they are calibrating the machines so that some of the figures are essentially defective, but passable. It makes me glad that I never am able to grab these figures until the later waves, but it does make me a bit more wary of ordering them online rather than being able to have them in hand and be able to select the one (if possible) with the best paint application.

Yeah I think you are correct in thinking that. Probably poorly painted before they can get to the good ones. People are probably are able to swipe these easily because they are meant to get thrown away or something.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it's true but I believe this conspiracy. Although I think it has more to do with which factory it was made in. The Deadpool wave had some sloppy paint, but the Black Panther wave was pristine. Another wave that I remember being very sloppy with poor plastic was the Cap Wolf wave, but the same couldn't be said with the Jugs wave. I imagine they were all made in different factories using different plastic and painting techniques. 

I believe the conspiracy, i have had bought alot of figures prior to them being "internationally" released and there are tons of mini to minor paint app issues, looking now at the wolvie ts and sabertooth i just got , it's small but eagle eyes know :rolleyes: