Venom Wave Marvel Legends 6" Typhoid Mary Figure Video Review & Images

JayC

Just now, GojiBill said:

Wonder if Typhoid Mary will make an appearance in the Netflix series.

It would be a great character for season 3, more at the end as like a consequence of the actions of Daredevil and then they develop her more in the next season or something like that. 

For the figure itself, I think even not know a lot about the character, the figure is great and Hasbro is keeping up the trend of improvements on the head sculpts for female characters.  Her face is perfect. The rest of the figure is also very nice, but too bad that they are toning down the sexyness. I guess Black Cat was the last very sexy character they did. 

On the same topic of female figures, I hope that they re-release that A Force boxset separately, because we also had some solid figures there like Elsa and Sif.

15 minutes ago, FASVB said:

It would be a great character for season 3, more at the end as like a consequence of the actions of Daredevil and then they develop her more in the next season or something like that. 

For the figure itself, I think even not know a lot about the character, the figure is great and Hasbro is keeping up the trend of improvements on the head sculpts for female characters.  Her face is perfect. The rest of the figure is also very nice, but too bad that they are toning down the sexyness. I guess Black Cat was the last very sexy character they did. 

On the same topic of female figures, I hope that they re-release that A Force boxset separately, because we also had some solid figures there like Elsa and Sif.

I don't think they are cutting down on the sexiness., Just picking out the safest. I mean have you looked at some of Typhoid's costumes. This is actually the safest they could have picked. 

I mean when I was research he for NCS I found some of the most extreme costumes possible. One was only a jacket covering her.

Also I think Elsa will be exclusive to that set but I could see her being part of a Dr. Strange wave and Sif could easily be in a Thor wave.

Thank you Jay C. I am going to check out this review now. I was really hoping that they were going to make the MCU Venom at least for this wave. But we really needed a pure Venom wave like this so I am happy and content that they made this Venom wave.

After watching the review you can see that this is a good figure based on the modern look of Typhoid Mary. It seems that they are getting better at likeness of the characters down. just imagine what they will be like in the next 10 or 20 years especially with the print technology that they are now using.

I have never really had comics growing up, I wanted them, very badly. But I was very poor. Even now that I am older and have been on my own for many years, I still cant keep up with all the different issues, even though I try really hard to follow who and what I can, but from everything I have ever known, I have never herd of this chick. She seems really Bad Ass! I am brand new to this forum, although have viewed this site, and Jay C's reviews and video's for a couple years now. I am looking forward to learning some all things Comic and figure related. As well as making some new friends.

Danny Grayce

I dont know... Im just not a huge fan.  I dont think its a bad figure, its just not what I want in a Typhoid Mary.  I agree with what everyone here has said about it being a "safe" costume, and honestly I like the costume, its that bland face sculpt and hair that doesnt do it for me.  When I picture Typhoid Mary she has that crazy look in her eye, and I just dont see it here.  Also not a fan of the sword choice and the flame effect.  Its just not doing it for me.

THAT SAID this will probably be the only Typhoid Mary we ever see... so...