Marvel Legends 6" Doctor Octopus Spider-Man Figure Video Review & Image Gallery

JayC

Great review Jay.

Apparently this is a hole new sculpt, right? This is a great addition for all of tose who finally want to finish their sinister six. Or at least have all the classic Spider  Man villains. Hasbro took too long to give us that Doc Ock. 

Like you said the only downside of this figure are the lack of bendy wires. I don't really think that they will put that on figures anytime soon. At least not in figures like this and Omega red will not have them either. 

It’s a great design and awesome how the tentacles can actually be used in standing up for display. Great for completists. Hasbro has been rolling these waves out like crazy. The success of the MCU has been a shot of life for Marvel Legends.

This is a great figure. It looks like a new body mold which will be great for customizers out there. Even though they didnt add bendy wire for the tentacles, they at least made it compatible to the Toybiz version so you can use the tentacles form that figure.

I am looking forward to Doc Ock to be in the upcoming Spider-Man game for PS4 but he probably wont be in it. I think he should be in it since they have members of the Sinister 6 on there. So far on that game I have seen The Shocker, Electro, Scorpion, Rhino and Vulture. I dont know if Negative Man will be part of the sinister 6 on there but I think that would not be a good fit for him. But I would accept it.

Also they made the Spider-Man figure for the upcoming game as well as the Negative Man figure. So now I am hoping that they make all the other villains from that game that I listed above including Kingpin. I will love to collect all of them as I collect only MCU style figures now and those characters in that game look MCU style which is a super plus for me. I hope there are additional villains in the game as well with accompanying figures.

What do you guys think about this?

Toybiz collectors were spoiled in a lot of ways: bendy wire, paint-wash etc. But Hasbro collectors now have become accustomed to better sculpts and proportions and character selection. Is it a worthy tradeoff? Who knows? I personally, will always take Hasbro for their look and articulation. Doesn't mean they're perfect by any means, as we can clearly see with this figure that would have been PERFECT if only it had the bendy wire arms! 

On 7/6/2018 at 12:29 PM, BludChylde said:

Love the review. I'm fine with the tentacles not having bendy wire. It's a play feature I can do without because any figure I've had since I was a kid that had bendy wire, it always snapped and ripped through the rubber. It is nice though that anyone with the Toybiz Doc Ock can use those tentacles. 

^THIS^

Granted, we're older now and won't be bending the wire limbs repeatedly, but they will eventually snap.

#entropy

This new Doc Ock looks great, but like a lot of others here have said, I wish the tentacles could be bent so he could stand on them. I actually like the sculpt of the new tentacles more than the old toy biz ones, but the posability of the old ones is far superior. If I'm feeling adventurous I might try the USB bendy lights to for posable metal tentacles! Maybe I'll try to make him look more like the version from Spider-man the animated series with the body armor type look too