X-Men: Dark Phoenix Product First Look

JayC

Images that give us our first look at some product for the upcoming 20th Century Fox X-Men: Dark Phoenix movie have popped up online via the international movie theater chain Cinepolis. The product shown looks to be drink cup toppers that movie theaters will likely offer at their concession stands when the movie is released in February 2019. The products give us looks at Cyclops, Jean Grey and Beast in what I guess will be their new generic X-Men outfits they wear. There is also one for what looks to be an update Blackbird.

X-Men-Dark-Phoenix-Theater-Promotion-01.jpg

X-Men-Dark-Phoenix-Theater-Promotion-02.jpg

X-Men-Dark-Phoenix-Theater-Promotion-03.jpg

X-Men-Dark-Phoenix-Theater-Promotion-04.jpg

I want to be excited for this movie, but after the Apocalypse letdown, I have concerns. Apocalypse film was a missed opportunity, I feel like DoFP brought the franchise back from the damage done by the Last Stand. At least the Deadpool movies are still on track.

Humm so are they going for like X-Factor costumes now? Anyway...like GoiBill said, I also want to be excited, but I am on the fence. X-Men are my favorite marvel characters of all time. I watched the cartoons (all of them, even the bad ones) read all the comics until the beginning of 2003, but my life changed and I dropped comics all together, unfortunately. Now it's complicated to get back and I'm not sure about the marvel storytelling anymore.

But back to the movies, despite the good and the bad I feel like they never been treated right. If the Fox/Disney  deal really goes through, I really hope that they have all that they deserve. 

To me the best stories are in the 90's and I want to see them in the silverscreen, but done properly. 

While these outfit looks good, I dont understand why they arent using the outfits they usd at the very end of X-Men Apocalypse as those outfits were great. I think thos eoutfits were amazing and I really hope that they make the figures of them someday or something.

0Z2Rn1r.jpgx_men_apocalypse_by_ruan2br-da79hs5.jpg

38 minutes ago, bnash2420071 said:

While these outfit looks good, I dont understand why they arent using the outfits they usd at the very end of X-Men Apocalypse as those outfits were great. I think thos eoutfits were amazing and I really hope that they make the figures of them someday or something.

0Z2Rn1r.jpgx_men_apocalypse_by_ruan2br-da79hs5.jpg

I am hopeful these generic outfits are something we only see in a portion of the movie and those outfits are what they primarily use.

I hope it'll do well. I know there's a lot of mixed feelings about the Fox-Men movies but I'm still hopeful that maybe this one will be a good story. Hopefully they learned from X-3 and they do the story a bit more justice, especially if this is to be the last Fox produced X-Men film, better to go out on a high note or as high as they can get anyway. 

19 hours ago, JayC said:

I am hopeful these generic outfits are something we only see in a portion of the movie and those outfits are what they primarily use.

I sure hope so man because those outfits look amazing. Having both outfits in the movie would be a plus.

I heard that fox has taken X-Men Dark Phoenix off of their website and some peopel are wondering if it has been scrapped or going to have a new release date. I think it was taken down due to the Marvel characters going back Marvel/Disney and Marvel/Disney told them to take the movie down or I could be wrong. But I figured this was important enough to bring here to see what everyone thinks or if anyone has more info on this.

I'm actually digging the new uniforms, as represented by these toppers... Though, I've heard next to nothing about this movie, sadly. But, I've enjoyed pretty much all of the 'First Class' era X-Movies, to varying degrees; So I'm kind of excited to check this one out.

I have always loved Cyclops, and the biggest letdown, for me, in the Fox movies is that Cyclops was only the leader of the team in the first film. While I do like Wolverine, there is no reason that Cyclops couldn't have stayed as important as he is supposed to be, and that they could focus on Logan. It is just frustrating, to me, that they refuse to use Scott the way he should be used. That is why I am really excited for the X-Men to join the MCU. I have high hopes they will do it right. Also, we would start getting some real kick ass action figures out of it. I hope Dark Pheonix is a good movie, but I won't hold my breath.

Well hopefully with the release of DP2 they'll have learned not to care too much and take more risks.

The outfits are pretty much what I'd expect from an X-Men movie at this point, I just hope they can deliver because the last time they tried anything with the phoenix.. :wacko: