SDCC Exclusive Defenders Box set up on hasbrotoyshop.com

DaEXfactoR

Easiest pass of the year for me. It's actually a good break for me on the second half of the year with all the 4 awesome waves that seem to be hitting all at the same time. It's been a weird year for me up to this point. I think I bought 7 figures total outta the last two Avengers waves. Making them literally two of only three ML waves I never completed. The other being the weeeeak Black Panther wave. So the first half of the year was fairly easy on my wallet, but now I gotta fork up loads of cash for the next 4 waves and it's gonna hurt a little bit. This SDCC set, I predict, will be one of the weakest sellers in years. Maybe I might pick it up on clearance, but it's more likely I'll pick up the 2 packs as they are released. Avoiding the entire MCU vs Comic argument this set is just unbearably weak. A Claire head on a reused Mary Jane body, a Danny head and yellow fist on the terrible, terrible, horrible, painfully anorexic, sickly looking suited body that needs to be put to bed & a Colleen that actually has a great new body sculpt but from everything I've seen looks nothing like the actress that plays her. Bargain bin material here, guys. And no cardboard subway car is gonna change my mind on this one. I might try to locate a Murdock headsculpt replica off ebay, tho.

I won't avoid the argument (because in this instance, there's nothing to argue about)! My brotha from anotha had it pegged right! This is beyond a shadow of doubt, the absolute WEAKEST SDCC exclusive boxset on record! It being an MCU (and that IS what the Netflix verse is) based set CANNOT be ignored and should not be overlooked. We can only hope this year is an anomaly because it's the MCU's 10th anniversary and next year we go back to the way things should be (damn right MCU lovers! You practically OWN every wave NOT affiliated with the MCU and Comic-Con was/is the final sanctuary for  (that's right) the characters who made it possible for YOU to have a hobby! It's gotten so bad now that at least before, we would get a figure that was in a boxset that got a general release and SOME time went by between releases, but now, not only do we know we're getting doubled up on Netflix/MCU Luke Cage, they're being released literally weeks apart form one another (and in the case of the US, the boxset is gonna precede the 2 pack).  The one amusing thing I draw from this however, is in both instances, Cage is released only as exclusive (I find it amusing but simultaneously, I feel bad for our MCU collectors out there).

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2018 at 9:13 AM, mako said:

Mainly, I only want Colleen. May buy the set and just sell off the rest, especially with that Luke and Claire set coming soon. Then again, I may skip it altogether and roll the dice on those Danny and Colleen set rumors being true.

I'll have to think about this bad-boy for a bit.

Same here.

• 2 weeks later...

I visit the HTS at least once a day. Imagine my pure SHOCK finding that this is one of the few (2 by my count) SDCC exclusives that haven't shown up at least once as "Out of Stock" since they were posted. Also, I suppose it's just a coincidence, it's the only SDCC ML exclusive in years that didn't sell out the first day.

#worstmlexclusiveevaaaah!