MARVEL STUD10S First Ten Years Marvel Legends Red Skull/Hydra Soldier Figure Video Review & Images

JayC

37 minutes ago, JayC said:

Today I take a look at the new MARVEL STUD10S First Ten Years Captain America: The First Avenger Marvel Legends 6" figure Red Skull/Hydra Solider figure from Hasbro. You can pre-order this figure now at Megalopolis Toys

Check out images for this figure below.

I think its cool how this figure can be used as more than one character. Great for army building.

Great review of the Red Skull!  I'm loving how movie accurate these Marvel Studios First 10 Years figures are. I think I prefer the SDCC version though just because it looks like he has more detail.

Man! I am so excited about these figures now! This is a great review. Thank you JayC!

I think Hasbro should consider putting out base body copies of army builder figures (Hydra/aim soldiers, hellfire club agents, ect) with like 8-10 poa's? This way , you could display these figures with the provided alt heads behind the more articulated "hero" figures in the forground of your display. More less this would make them background characters for display and not need to be as articulated, only needing to be able to stand up correctly. This would come in a 3-pack or so for maybe $30. Very low production cost, high profit yeild. People get to army build affordably? 

I hope the SDCC version sees a mass release at some point. And while I'm glad this 10 years line is giving us villains we need, im not terribly attached to most of them as characters. Usually I love villains, but since MCU villains all seem to die at the end of their movies, they don't seem to warrant their own spot on the shelf in a big team-up group pose like in my Avengers/Defenders shelf. Still, alternate heads is great to see for those who love their army building and customizing. 

This figure is very cool and the extra heads are a certain plus. Sure, the SDCC one has a more iconic outfit and if can pick that one also, go for it. However I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this one.  If you wish to build up a cool set for the first Cap movie, is worth picking three of these and the SDCC one. But then there is the wallet issue... 

7 hours ago, Merchverse said:

Might have to get a few of these. But i really hope they make a new First Avenger Cap figure.

Agreed, that's the one movie figure in dire need of this line's treatment. When this line was first announced and the figures were shown that was my first thought.  Hopefully this line does well enough that they'll make one with a good shield, alternate unmasked head(the one from the Crossbones set with new hair), an empty helmet that he can hold in his hands and a handgun.