SDCC 2018 3.75" Speculation thread

tellytubbygen

• 2 weeks later...

@JayC

I’m sure Dwight and Co are already rehearsing their facial expressions and prepared comments for if/when they get asked about MU 3.75. I hope you politely grill them on 3.75 again Jay, if anything just to keep the routine alive. I buy every 6in Legends they make and would also HAPPILY go back to buying all of the 3.75 releases as well, if there was such a thing...such a shame.

This is kind of infuriating, but I really don't know what I expected here. Legends already has not one, but TWO Kingpin figures and now they get a third one before we can get one? Not even a half-assed 5 poa figure? That Genis-Vell has been on my wishlist for quite a while, so of course 6" gets him first. It's bizarre reading some of the reactions from Legends collectors across the web. Opinions seem split between this being the best SDCC ever and the worst. I'd have loved to have even a mediocre showing for our line, but nope, nothing. I guess I'll pick up the vintage Wasp and Ant-Man because they could technically just be giant-size versions next to MU figures.

Man, a lackluster showing for 3.75" Star Wars and World of Nintendo, zero news for the 3.75" Marvel line, James Gunn is fired from GotG 3 (and either a closeted pedo or a terrible comedian), Jurassic Park's 3.75" line is seemingly abandoned for 6", dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria. Eesh. What a terrible Comic-Con.

I do like the DC Injustice Hiya figures

so many repaints they could have given us
Silver Sable just needed to use a Rogue head & body

Blink  seems like another

They could even just do total reissues on that Toybiz card too. Green suit Prof X comes to mind. I'm sure many would have bought him. Archangel with a death head as accessory.

Nothing for 2018 or 2019 it seems. Big miss on not doing something with Avengers 4 for this scale in my opinion. But that lack of Toys R Us probably doesn't help us either.

I'm just going to hope by 2020 we see a return and some of these legends sculpts get shrunk down- Kingpin, Jim Lee Gambit, Jim Lee Storm that is apparently in the works and some of the other characters we never got.

So we may not be getting much from Hasbro these days, but look who is getting a figure from Mattel:

I know they used his face for the unmasked cyborg War Machine from the IM2 line, but I think this is the first actual David Vonner action figure.  I will for sure be buying an extra for my Marvel shelves.

On a somewhat related note, I know we'd all buy 3.75" Stan Lee figures by the case, but would anyone else here like a Kevin Feige? I feel like it'd be cool to have him with my MCU group shot.

On 7/27/2018 at 10:09 PM, Yodaminch said:

That explains why the humans have improved for this line. Should have known Vonner was behind it. Hoping to get an Ian Malcolm and then a pegwarming Snoke to make my own Grandmaster.

Are Malcolm's glasses removable? If you make a Grandmaster be sure to post some pics. Maybe it'll inspire people to do the same and that will relieve the pegs of all the extra Snokes.

It would be awesome if they stick Vonner on the DC team. I'm still bitter that the Multiverse line became 6".

On 7/27/2018 at 5:35 PM, stitch13 said:

So we may not be getting much from Hasbro these days, but look who is getting a figure from Mattel:

I know they used his face for the unmasked cyborg War Machine from the IM2 line, but I think this is the first actual David Vonner action figure.  I will for sure be buying an extra for my Marvel shelves.

On a somewhat related note, I know we'd all buy 3.75" Stan Lee figures by the case, but would anyone else here like a Kevin Feige? I feel like it'd be cool to have him with my MCU group shot.

I saw Vonner at SDCC rocking a Mattel shirt--I had no idea he had ended up there. That's good for him. 

Regarding Feige....he's not all that distinct but hell, why not? I made a Joss Whedon figure for my MCU shelf back in the day (used the head from the mini-figs that came with the SDCC documentary a few years ago--same with Stan Lee). I do think Taika Watiti and James Gunn (I think he'll be back) should get some figure likeness someday. 

36 minutes ago, PushYouDown said:

I saw Vonner at SDCC rocking a Mattel shirt--I had no idea he had ended up there. That's good for him. 

Regarding Feige....he's not all that distinct but hell, why not? I made a Joss Whedon figure for my MCU shelf back in the day (used the head from the mini-figs that came with the SDCC documentary a few years ago--same with Stan Lee). I do think Taika Watiti and James Gunn (I think he'll be back) should get some figure likeness someday. 

At the risk of giving them ideas for the 6" line, I'd love to see a 3.75" box set (probably best at SDCC) that's a Best of MCU Directors. Gunn, Whedon, Waititi, Favreau, and Feige. Favreau could be repacked as Happy later on in a 2 pack with an Iron Man.

There's a survey posted over on The Fwoosh for 6" collectors. It's mostly about packaging and sacrificing BAF pieces, accessories, or face sculpts instead of a $5 price hike. It's interesting to see this has gotten a lot of 6" fans worried and deciding to cherry pick. Many of us have speculated that the pendulum would eventually swing back in our direction. Could this be the start? If they really do raise prices by $5 and cut accessories or BAF pieces, it could hurt Legends. If that line starts to tank (and it already pegwarms), then we could finally see a resurgence as a cheaper option to please retailers.

Wishful thinking or not, it's hilarious to see a lot of these guys getting upset at the price hike and loss of quality or extras when we have been through all of that and more and they constantly griped when we got anything they didn't have yet.

oh yeah that Hasbro survey is fun and they actually reference the 3 3/4 figs in a few questions (probably trying to see if there's still any interest).

I think if the scale return it won't be a compatible way--they will be stylized in some form (like the Disney figs) so it would essentially be asking fans to start-over and I'm not at all interested in that. 

12 hours ago, wedge1968 said:

I’ll head over and do the survey just to affirm that there IS still interest in the 4” scale.

When I went in to preorder my Mr. Negative pack yesterday, I was told that today was the release day. Did anyone get them?

Wedge,

I had the same difficulty. I saw on the website last week that the item was available for preorder at $17 + dollars, but I decided to wait and try to pick it up at the stores, but then when Aug1st came around the website had it at $22 but out of stock and none of the stores I have checked online have any in stock. I even checked Amazon and Ebay....I believe these do not exist. Whether they did not ship, or were held back they seem to not exist. Was anybody here able to get one?

On 8/2/2018 at 7:50 AM, wedge1968 said:

It may be because it was late (I'm not ruling out the possibility that I am an idiot), but I couldn't find the survey.  Can someone use monosyllabic words and tell me how to find it?

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/M8TF7F7

I asked them for a diorama with a 3.75" figure in the "other" section for that question.

That BAF Kree Sentry is very nice. It should scale well with our figures too. It is a bread crumb I will take.