Venom Theme Marvel Legends 6" Poison & Monster Venom Build-A-Figure Review

JayC

Great review! I really like the Monster Venom. I like the Poison symbiote figure but I wonder how it would look with a wash effect applied to it. I dont know much about wash but I wonder if there is a silver wash to use on the figure to fill in all the parts where the silver is missing. That would be cool.

I am still hoping for a Marvel Legends Venom film wave or at least the movie Venom figure to be made.

I am not huge fan of Venom and and it's been quite a while since I've read Spider Man comics but seeing this wave as a whole I think is a regular wave. I might be the weird one here, but I think one of the most interesting figures from this wave is the Typhoid Mary. Great head sculpt and paint, the overall figure looks very nice and well executed. Scream is also a very good figure. Venom and Carnage have the only good things on the added unmasked heads. The rest is mostly not new. The BAS is kinda cool, but I like the Space Venom way more. 

I have the Marvel Select Venom and I would not trade it for that Monster Venom.  I know is bigger but, you can put in your legends display. I also have the Carnage, but that one is just to out of scale even for a Select.  

9 hours ago, FASVB said:

I am not huge fan of Venom and and it's been quite a while since I've read Spider Man comics but seeing this wave as a whole I think is a regular wave. I might be the weird one here, but I think one of the most interesting figures from this wave is the Typhoid Mary. Great head sculpt and paint, the overall figure looks very nice and well executed. Scream is also a very good figure. Venom and Carnage have the only good things on the added unmasked heads. The rest is mostly not new. The BAS is kinda cool, but I like the Space Venom way more. 

I have the Marvel Select Venom and I would not trade it for that Monster Venom.  I know is bigger but, you can put in your legends display. I also have the Carnage, but that one is just to out of scale even for a Select.  

Yeah, I'm not crazy about this wave, either, it just looks ok to me. I'm glad that we are getting Typhoid Mary as a fan of Daredevil it makes me happy that his rogue gallery is getting some love. I do feel that the figure could have been better, though. I like the look of the Scream figure it's simple yet it looks really good. I have no interest in getting Venom and Carnage again despite the additional accessories. Poison looks really good but it's not really a character that I would care for so it's a pass. To be honest, with the exception of Typhoid, this whole wave is a pass for me; with Hasbro releasing so many Marvel Legends at once I have to prioritize. 

I'm surprised this venom isn't that tall which is just fine imo. Thought he might be close to 8-9 inches or bigger than hulk based on the initial promo images. I still like the revoltech especially for photography (lightweight and easy for aerial poses). If only this venom had the original white logo, I'd be all over it.

Poison.  Another character I knew nothing about (until YouTube reviews), but such a cool figure that I must have one.  I have alot of these !

And "Monster" Venom was the Marvel Legends Venom we should have had from the beginning.   It's all good though.   With three Venom and one Eddie Brock head (plus Porkrind!)  I am OK having some extra Hyperion Venoms in the display!  I will add some Back in Black Deadpool tendrils for even more variety !

Am I the only person who keeps eyeing that Venom BAF for a Hulk kitbash? Add some thighs from Infinity War Thanos, and fists/feet from one of those "dwarfed" Age of Ultron Hulks, and you got yourself a massive, intimidating mean green.

Also, I still think that Poison will make a great ML Batman... Need a closer look at that chest spider, but yeah.

Awesome shots JC!