2018 SDCC Exclusive Marvel Legends Netflix Defenders Rail Authority 5-Pack In-Hand Images

JayC

Shown below is an in-hand image gallery for the new 2018 SDCC Exclusive Marvel Legends Netflix Defenders Rail Authority 5-Pack from Hasbro.

The set comes in packaging made to look like a NYC Subway car and features figures of Daredevil w/unmasked head, Cage (Red Shirt), Jessica Jones with no jacket, Iron Fist and Collen Wing. The set will cost $124.99.

This will be available at Hasbro Booth #3329 at San Diego Comic Con in July. For those not attending Comic-Con, a limited number will be sold on HasbroToyShop.com starting on 8/13.

This set was proved by Hasbro free of charge for purposes of review. Check out the images below and check back to MarvelousNews for a full review to be posted soon.

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 2.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 3.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 4.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 5.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 6.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 7.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 8.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 9.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 10.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 11.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 12.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 13.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 14.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 15.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 16.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 17.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 18.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 19.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 20.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 21.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 22.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 23.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 24.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 25.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 26.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 27.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 28.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 29.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 30.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 31.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 32.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 33.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 34.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 35.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 36.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 37.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 38.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 39.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 40.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 41.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 42.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 43.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 44.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 45.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 46.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 47.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 48.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 49.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 50.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 51.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 52.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack 53.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Netflix-Defenders-Rail-Authority-5-Pack.jpg

Humm Idk. These pictures didn't convince me to get it. Like, If I wasn't getting them before, I wouldn't change my mind now.  Sure there are some good things, like the whole easter eggs and tidbits from all the shows, but the figures themselves are not appealing.  Daredevil and Jessica are the best ones, but we've got them before and the previous ones were better. If it was a Matt Murdoch figure with the pulled down glasses and a cane would be a lot cooler. Jessica could come with a bottle of liquor or something like that. Luke Cage is missing the hoodie. The only two new figures don't have good face sculpts, the rest is ok. So, my veredict would be it's not horrible, but  pick it up only if you really like the shows and didn't get any of the previously released figures.  Compared to the previous SDCC boxsets, this one is not as cool. 

These figures are so great. Every time I see them I get so happy that they finally made Danny Rand/Iron Fist and Luke Cage/Power Man. The box alone is awesome. Seeing that this is an SDCC exclusive, I now wonder if there will be a Netflix wave 2 set of figures.

I was actually looking forward to ML versions of Danny and Colleen but these look really off. The Colleen figure has a pretty good likeness but her head is way too high up the peg. She looks like a floating head. The Danny figure looks nothing like the actor so that's an easy pass. The unmasked Daredevil head looks really good though. I hope they release that head with a single carded figure. Hopefully for the season 3 version of Daredevil.

I'd be all over this if Daredevil's wearing his all black gear and Cage has hoodie jacket. It's difficult to tell too if Iron Fist will ever get a new look or proper gear in Netflix that we might see down the road as well as in figure form. I wouldn't be disappointed if they use the Orson Randall design instead - which actually might look better in a Netflix live action series.

Yeah not really feeling this set. Dardevil and Jessica Jones previous figures look better to me. Luke Cage, well I'd rather wait for the walmart exclusive two pack. Danny and Coleen look good but I don't think I'd pick up the set just for them when there's a good chance they'll be released somewhere else down the road, Ideally in a new Netflix wave with a Kingpin BAF. But I still may try to pick it up on Hasbro's shop anyway for the cool looking subway packaging and the Matt Murdock head sculpt , I'm a sucker for alternate unmasked heads even though 90% of the time I display them with the masked head sculpt.

These in Hand pictures you took make the figures look a lot better than Hasbro's press Photos, I love The Netfiix Marvel series and Although most of these figures are repaints and retools of previously released figures in my opinion there is enough difference to warrant trying to track this down and hopefully buy this on eBay. 

Hey JayC, how did you get the Defenders 5 Pack already? Nice review by the way! Thanks JayC!

Nice review.  I hope Colleen will come out as a non-exclusive, but honestly, the head seems to sit too high, or at least they should have sculpted the lower portion lower so the ball joint isn't so obvious.  

I wish they gave us the unmasked Daredevil head when they first released him and Iron Fist should have had an alternate set of hands.  Hoping he comes out as a single and will have extra hands.

I like Jessica Jones, but there's no desire for this one as it doesn't do much.  Thanks to Jay C., I copied his idea for Jessica's scarf.  I had an extra Jyn Erso one anyways so it was perfect.  Thanks for showing that on your review.  Here's how mine ended up looking and cause of this, have no need for the one in this set.

QiPQkic.jpg

To bnash2420071, he mentioned at the end of the review a thanks to Hasbro for sending him the set to review.  

I see people suggesting that Iron Fist looks a lot like Justin Timberlake... But, to me, his head sculpt looks more like Hyde from ‘That 70s Show’. But yea, overall, I think this set screams ‘missed opportunity’ in more ways than one.

I watched the review yesterday and I got further disappointed with some figures. The Colleen figure is so poorly executed.  Her head is way too high and you can see the peg from every direction exept from the front. She the lollipop syndrome and the hips are hideous with that huge gap.

Sure Danny's figure has a great hair sculpt, but the face is very off, but you can see it's him. But like Jay pointed out, looks like they took the inspiration much more from the Iron Fist Poster than the Defenders show. 

Seriously, to me the coolest thing from this whole set id the box.  You can definitely use it as a set for pictures and stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...

Big disappointment for me that they went non comic based wave this yr & decided to do a civilian heavy Netflix wave. Don't really see this set flying off the shelves at SDCC nor on Amazon. Will probably be selling for $50 less in a month or 2. A comic based box set of either Alpha Flight  members to go with Sasquatch woulda been much better or a comic based GOTG boxset to go with comic based Vance Astro woulda been nice too.