New Look At Tom Hardy As Venom

JayC

Shown below via EW is a new look at Tom Hardy as Venom in Sony's upcoming Venom movie.

One of Marvel's most enigmatic, complex and badass characters comes to the big screen, starring Academy Award-nominated actor Tom Hardy as the lethal protector Venom.

Venom stars Tom Hardy, Michelle Williams, Riz Ahmed, Jenny Slate, Scott Haze, Reid Scott

Release: October 5th, 2018

First-Look-Venom.jpg

When the 1st trailer came out, with no Venom, I had no interest. When the next one came out with the Venom scenes, I gained some interest. I love the look and voice, but I’m skeptical of Venom story with no Spider-Man. Venom has always been one of my favorite characters, I want this film to be successful. 

I’d say I’m loosely interested in this... But, I feel like some of these oncoming movies are moving further and further away from the characters and things I actually want to see.

I think Venom looks cool. But the big smile looks kinda creepy and weird at the same time on Venom because when you look at the comic version the mouth is in the shape of a smile but it doesnt look like a smile but in this picture it looks a smile. So thats kinda weird. I like it though. I would really like to see them make this figure in Marvel Legends or possibly in Marvel Select/Mafex/S.H. Fgiuarts or something.

10 hours ago, GojiBill said:

When the 1st trailer came out, with no Venom, I had no interest. When the next one came out with the Venom scenes, I gained some interest. I love the look and voice, but I’m skeptical of Venom story with no Spider-Man. Venom has always been one of my favorite characters, I want this film to be successful. 

Venom...in motivation, but especially in appearance...makes no sense without Spider-man. Even if he won't have the spider symbol, the eyes alone are just a twisted version of Spidey's, and still recognizable as such.

It's another movie that we have high expectations.  I really hope that Sony doesn't blow it. It looks very menacing and natural, like a real thing and not some CGI crap.

After SDCC we are expected to see new footage I guess. 

Venom is a really cool character, and deserves a comic accurate movie. But without spiderman, it will be very hard to make it good. He looks cool, but they should have made him into the mcu, especially since marvel has this long running doppelganger villains like Killmonger. Also, he is just a really good spidey villain.