Comic-con Correspondence

tarot

Sorry My Bad. I accidently delete this thread.

On 7/12/2018 at 5:17 AM, Rukkdeez said:

We're now a week out from San Diego Comic-con 2018 so I figured I'd put this up now.

I'll be attending all 4 days (and If I get off work early enough, Preview Night) and as I've done the last 3 years, I will serve as this forum's unofficial correspondent. I'll post reveals as they happen, report anything I might "overhear" or what gets "implied" (I've been pretty good at "reading between the lines" when they tried to "not tell us something" Most recently the Sasquatch Build-A-Figure from the 1st Deadpool wave) from the design team. Get confirmation on any controversial matter (such as "that's a new buck/no it's not") and most importantly, ask questions anyone wants to have me ask (within reason).

On that note, do NOT ask "are you going to make "fill in the blank"? What about double jointed elbows on females (they know about it and I'm quite sure Jay, Boog and most definitely Shartimus will address this, possibly starting at the Press breakfast). Do not think for a second I will entertain any question regarding making entire waves MCU figures, or "why don't you have them take up more slots"?

Probably almost anything else goes! LOL

Keep in mind any questions about possible (hopeful) future product will be met with vague answers. They always are.

here are all the post it you want to read them 

On 7/12/2018 at 8:50 AM, monron999 said:

Man, good luck getting a straight answer from those cats. I love the reveals, I love that they interact with the fans, but I seriously hate the vagueness of anything that's not right there in front of us. I mean, last year they actually challenged you to guess the BAF of the DP wave and when you nailed it they didn't give you the courtesy of a straight answer. Not that they're obligated to tell you anything, but why play the game if they're not gonna let you win?

The elbow thing is so played at this point. Yes, it would be nice. Yes, it's totally possible, but personally I think it makes the thinner female limbs look funny. Even the Proxima Midnight figure, which Shartimus touted as proof it could be done, was basically just a skinny dude with boobs. To me, as long as the figure looks good and accurate and has a fairly representative head sculpt (meaning few to no reuses), I could care less. Everyone knows exactly who will be rolling (probably leading) with that question so just leave it to him/them *yaaawn*. I swear, I cringe & roll my eyes every time. You can actually see the exhaustion in Dwight (or whoever's) face EVERY FREAKING TIME. Leave it.

The one simple question I have, and have been frustrated that no one has directly addressed in the past few years is the status of characters that (currently) fall between the worlds of X-Men & Avengers. I'm not asking you to touch on specific characters, cuz we're all familiar with the illogical logic of Firestar, but you may have to use some examples (Quicksilver, modern Rogue & Cannonball) to give them a direction to avoid the vaguest answer possible. I know we've gotten a Rogue and Havok, both representative of a time specifically as X-Men and a Cannonball may well end up in the New Mutant (based) wave but the fact that an updated Quicksilver (meaning a redo on a modern buck or a new one in a modern costume) or a modern look Rogue has been avoided still baffles me. I'm more than certain it has everything to do with the state of the movie franchises, but if Marvel can allow it to happen in the comics, why not in plastic, y'know?

Other than that, all I want from SDCC is a buncha great reveals & some love for my man, Guido. The Monster Venom buck can make it happen.

Happy trails, my friend.

On 7/12/2018 at 11:49 AM, JayC said:

LOL, welcome to my world, unfortunately even reading between the lines can sometimes not be helpful cause they will sometimes deliberately be misleading. Sometimes even they just give wrong info and thats not just Hasbro, that is most toy companies. If it's not something already revealed they generally aren't going to talk about it. Heck sometimes even stuff that has leaked out but they haven't officially revealed they will play dumb with and act like they don't know what your talking about. The arm question has been asked over and over and while I am sure it will come up at some point by someone, I think we all no the answer to that. Dwight doesn't like the look of double jointed elbows on most female characters which is the go to answer and then helping to keep cost down is the unspoken truth. Distribution is another hot topic question of late but again it generally comes down to the design team and folks on hand to talk to there don't have direct control of those things so they likely won't have much of an answer. With all that being said hopefully there will be plenty of new stuff revealed for all of us to talk about.  I expect Marvel Legends to be one of the highlights of the show.

On 7/12/2018 at 9:57 PM, Dodge76 said:

I do not know if this will make much sense but with the Infinity War waves this year that hit it looks like there was less focus on comic figures in those two waves. Usually we would see a complete first wave of comic figures then movie figures in the second wave more closer to the movie release then a mixture of both in the third wave. Thats how it was in the Civil War series. It appears that Hasbro is moving away from Comic figures in the Avengers properties.

I would love to see a complete comic figure wave release at least once a year for Avengers the way that Hasbro is doing for X-Men and Spiderman if they plan to focus less on them in their movie waves. I would love to have the chance to get comic figures of an updated Mandrian, Leader, Skurge, Loki, Falcon, War Machine, Tigra, Hercules, and more.

You may have to rephrase that but I would like to see that get suggested. I know the answer is going to be vague but the purpose is to show interest in more comic figures. I maybe breaking your rules but this is what concerns me the most.

Thank You

On 7/13/2018 at 2:12 AM, nieman257 said:

SP//DR wave found in Philly at Gamestop. I picked up Elektra & Cloak. I'll go back for Dagger & Daredevil soon. They didn't have Ock tho

On 7/13/2018 at 7:12 AM, Rukkdeez said:

Not at all! I guarantee you that subject will be brought up (most definitely by me)! You are absolutely right. The ratios of MCU vs Marvel based has steadily increased in favor of MCU. We've gone from one MCU character in a movie themed wave to one plus the BAF to half (or more) of the wave PLUS BAF! The only times the Marvel based figs get love now is with X-Men related product, non Spider-Man movie years and specialty based merch (Ultimate Riders for example), and (until this year) Comic-Con (though in fairness I think because this is the MCU's 10th anniversary, this is a one off). I WILL ask how Venom managed to have a film and yet no MCU support from Hasbro (Could Movie Venom NOT be part of the MCU?!?) I will indeed attempt to find a way to ask your questions that will draw the least vagueness. LOL

On 7/13/2018 at 7:16 AM, Rukkdeez said:

You're absolutely right Jay. I know many of the most "consistent" questions will be asked by the likes of you, Boog and (of course) Sharty Primo, but equally consistent will be the "answers" given. I'm glad you've taken a more active role in these forums and I hope I see you again to say hello.

On 7/13/2018 at 7:30 AM, Rukkdeez said:

Monron! My brotha from anotha! It's been a minute (I haven't been very active on these forums these past few months)! I agree on many of the figures you suggested should be addressed. If we're lucky a good deal of them will be revealed (thereby nullifying any need for vaguely responded to questions). You should know that now that MY wish has been fulfilled, I'm 100% on "Team Guido", and I will be touching on that while at the 'Con (I've gotten pretty decent at reading their expressions when I or someone else hits close to home).  I do believe the next X-Men BAF will be revealed at the Saturday panel. What large characters (of merit) can be considered for a Build-A-Figure? Obviously Strong Guy. Someone suggested they revisit the Brood. What do you guys think? Maybe that Alien who's been in X-Men Gold (He may not be considered "large enough")? I can't see the Beast or Warpath because we didn't need Colossus as one. Nimrod seems to be the going favorite (alongside Strong Guy). Anyway Mon, I'll try to ask about your concerns. I'll treat it like flypaper. Maybe something will stick!

19 hours ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

Hey Rukk!

Man you know it’s been a long time since I’ve been on these boards, when I see you and Monron are longer bickering at each other like old ladies and instead are now best buds lol. Speaking of which, stay away from my man Monron you homewrecker! :smile:

Onto the business at hand, I have felt compelled to post a reply due in part by your gracious offer of conveying some of our questions to Dwight, Ryan, Bobby, etc and because I’m not really seeing my “main” concerns being addressed by anyone else. My inquires will be varied as 6in Legends are not my only sole focus and they will be listed in order of priority if importance/concern for me.

1. Character Themed Waves: As we all know, we get 2 Spidey waves a year, 1 X-men wave a year and now maybe, “deadpool” waves along with vintage waves every year and these seem to be our “comic” based waves as whole. We also know that the remaining waves released in any given year are centered around whatever movies come out and are heavy with movie based figures accordingly. Question is...what about ALL of the OTHER characters that DON’T have movies coming out that year and may not have new movies out for a LONG time. It does not appear Hasbro have any plans on addressing this issue as it doesn’t even seem to be a concept on their radar and I would like to know WHY. Let’s just assume for arguments sake that IF we seen an Iron Man 4 (it’s already been 5 years since IM3), a 4th Captain America movie, a 4th Thor movie, etc...it’s going to be a ways away. Similarly, I would suspect a 5th Avengers movie is probably pretty far off as well. Are we REALLY supposed to accept that it’s ok to NOT have a wave of comic based figures to represent these characters/teams just because their said movie isn’t coming out in that given year??? It’s officially my #1 concern/gripe with the line at this point because on the whole, I think they are frankly KILLING IT any many respects of the line. How could it be considered “ok” to go YEARS without at least 1 wave being released that’s tied to the characters I mentioned? For example, I can’t be the ONLY legends collector that’s extremely bothered about how we may not see more Thor legends figures for the next 3, 4, 5 or more years until a “Thor 4” comes out...? Are we really going to have to wait until Avengers 5 (which probably won’t be until 2025 realistically) for some more Avengers waves with comic based avengers in them??? We MUST strike a middle ground between these movie releases schedules! What I propose: Release 1 beefy 7-8 figure wave of these figures every year, rotating the brands in and out annually. Examples: There’s no Captain America movie coming out in 2020? Give us a comic Cap wave that year. There’s no Thor movie coming out in 2021? Give us a comic Thor wave that year. There’s no Avengers movie coming out in 2022? Give us an Avengers comic wave that year. I’m sure you get the point I’m going for lol. That way, between rotating the brands annually and offering 1 solid comic wave for these brands every year (on non-movie years), we could then get at least 1 dedicated wave for each of our beloved all stars, every 3-4 years GUARANTEED. In closing, not that Iron Man is my favorite character/franchise but it’s been 5 years since IM got a wave of legends so we should probably start there I suppose and give IM his wave in 2019, with a Thor wave in 2020. Comic Whiplash, Comic Mandarin, etc there’s a TON of options to kickstart a stellar IM wave, etc you get the idea. If there’s still not an IM4 out in 4-5 years, than start the rotation again and give us another beefy IM wave.

1. TRU Multi-Parter: How has TRU closing affected the Legends brand? Will Hasbro be scaling back production of the figures/exclusives/line in general in 2019 and beyond? Let’s say they had 10 TRU exclusives planned for 2019, where are they now going? What is the deal with the remaining TRU exclusives that never landed this year? EE is way too underutilized as a vendor to allocate exclusives to so what gives on that? I know from a source that EE is hungry for Legends exclusives. I suspect that they will be extremely careful in fielding questions regarding TRU and will articulate their answers in a deliberate way respectively. 

1. Haslab: What’s the Legends Brands take on HasLab? Will they support it? If so, how many offerings per year? I know they will be super vague about specifics like “can we get a Punisher Van, QuinJet, accessory packs” (like one pack for guns, one for swords, one for heads, one for coats/vests/holsters, etc—the sky is the limit on accessory packs imo lol) so that’s why the primary question is simply will they support it and if so, to what kind of frequency should fans/collectors expect. 

1. Marvel Universe 3.75 Scale: I must commend JayC for his last 2 cons as he seemed to literally be the ONLY one asking “what’s going on with 3.75?” and he was politely aggressive too. Sadly, this is an answer we still don’t have, beyond the “line is currently resting” bullshit. As a MASSIVE MU 3.75 fan (and SA 3.75 in general), I would love to see an actual response that isn’t spoon fed PR spun malarkey. Conversely, isn’t it kind of funny how Haslab’s first offering is a 3.75in scale vehicle for $500 and it nearly doubled the requirement goal they were needing/asking for, bringing in nearly $4.5 million in funding? Hasbro’s mentality that MU 3.75 isn’t popular anymore or those fans don’t “exist” anymore (why else would they have stopped the line if they didn’t believe that?) is garbage and just factually unsound.

1. Since Walgreens is our destination for FF, is the relationship with them still strong? They will say “yes” so to that I say, how about bumping up the releases from 3 to 4 a year, 1 fig released a quarter? Also, are we STRICTLY keeping it F4? I hope so but that Medusa fig snuck in there and that makes me nervous. Medusa should have been in that dreadful first black panther wave to make that wave suck less lol. Point is, if Walgreens is our SOLE platform for F4 Legends, than please just keep it to proper F4 characters. Even if we jumped it from 3 to 4 F4 figs a year (the dream would be to get a proper F4 BAF wave every few years), there’s still PLENTY of F4 characters left to do and that’s not even counting costume change releases for the main 4 members that they could tap into down the road.

1. What’s going on with 12in Legends? There’s been zero announcements this year (No news at Toyfair and it doesn’t even appear anyone noticed that 12in Legends were a complete no show, despite having a presence at the last 4 previous cons) thus far and this question is fluid based on what they show at SDCC. If they reveal some actual 12in Legends at the SDCC, then I would ask how they feel the reception by fans/sales have been for the line and how many figs we should expect over the next 12 months. If they don’t show any 12in figs off at SDCC then the question becomes simply...is the line dead? 2018 is a great year to give us some stellar 12in Legends like a comic Thanos & Carnage off the top of my head so I’m trying to remain hopeful.

Well that’s more than enough of me throwing my panties into a bunch so I’ll call a quits. Even if none of my questions managed to get brought up, I still genuinely appreciate the offer and enthusiasm your bringing to the table Rukky so thank you sir!

19 hours ago, swede4444 said:

If you get a chance, thank them for the Fantastic Four figures. 

19 hours ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

AGREED.

13 hours ago, Dodge76 said:

Again Thank You!

7 hours ago, Rukkdeez said:

Tarot, I don't think this is an "MCU vs Marvel thing" at all. At least not necessarily. Concerns about the future of this line and Marvel based characters are a very real thing. I understand you don't want the bickering to be revisited (understandably so), but I think these concerns are what some of the posters want me to address at the Con. You're absolutely right, the MCU is a necessary "evil" in order for the continuation of this line, but the "taking over" of it is real (and at least I believe, unnecessary) .  Did you know since 2012 we've gotten 8 Chris Hemsworth figures? EIGHT!!! (I chose him because we always default to RDJ or Chris Evans so this magnifies my point) Is that really necessary in order to keep this line moving. I think not. If peeps want me to ask about this, then (without bickering about it) this is the thread to ask.

3 hours ago, tarot said:

LOL. I have no problem with people asking about it (I'm curious and concerned too) but I just wanted to remind new people the unwritten rule we have in this forum. (God I can still remember when we had a wishlist turn into a 5 page dispute about what sell more.)

One of my theory though is actually quite simple. When the MCU was starting out we actually very few character. Iron Man Thor Cap Hulk, maybe Black widow and Hawkeye were the main focus of the MCU. But now look at how many characters we have in the MCU. You need a score card just to name them all. and that's not even including the Netflix, AOS, Runaways and Cloak and Dagger (are the last 2 part of the MCU? I never watched them). so basically the more character there are in the MCU the more figures we get of them.

Good to see you back in the game Cobra. Nothin' like a good ole SDCC to bring the gang back together, right. Ya, me and Rukk put our differences aside & realized we have a greater cause to fight: The prevention of the TAKOVER of one of the best American toy lines in history by changing everone's favorite comic action figures to ACTOR FIGURES.

Again, I like figures based on movies as much as any comic fan, buuuuut we are a long way from one Tom Jane Punisher or Ben Affeck DD mixed in every once in a while to the unrivaled HORRAAAH that was the Black Panther wave(s) and Infinity War waves. What's happening to our ML? All levity aside (sorry Tarot), I personally think it's a mixture the whole 10 year anniversary thing and the end of the modern Avengers movie arch as we know it. As we all know, the actors are starting to get up there in age & tho it seems RDJ is okay to be Tony Stark in every damn movie for the rest of his life, most of the other actors (specifically the Chris's) are ready to throw in the towel. So with the future uncertain at this point, I think this is Hasbro & Marvel's last hooorah to milk as much Hollywood based merch out of the line as possible.

Now, much like the BP movie, the Cap Marvel movie is starting to look a lot more appealing than it previously had, but the sad truth is this Cap simply does not have the chops to carry the next phase, no matter how much Marvel wants her to. Marvel Stdios does get it wrong every once in a while (Inhumans anyone?) And this will be one of those times. This is where the reacquisition of the Fox properties come in to play. Thank you God, for X-Men & F4, returning home. Captain Marvel & Spider-Man will bridge the gap just long enough for those "Unnamed Projects" to be turned to new reboots of both franchises. And baby I'm sooooo excited to see what Marvel Studios does with these guys. I expect their versions of Apocalypse and Doctor Doom to wipe the terrible taste of the last one out of our moth completely.

As for what this will mean for the toy lines, we'll I expect that the be one part awesome and two part nefarious. First off I think this will free the Avengers based waves from movie figure hell. Meaning since Cap, IM & the Avengers still remain a major part of the Marvel brand, ML should still have waves based on them without the need for further actor figures & we start to get a lot of those comic figures we've so desperately been pining for, and maybe we will get all the comic versions of the newly restored Avengers that we most definitely need. How many of these waves a year they could squeeze in per year remains to be seen, though one comic Avengers wave & one each IM & Cap wave per year does not seem outta the question, similar to the one X-Men & 2 Deadpool we recieved this year. The Avengers & Captain America waves of the future could be what the X-Men & Deadpool waves are currently: pure comic figure nirvana. Basically, I see the Avengers & X-Men changing roles, tho it does give one pause that the Iron Man movie arch has been over for 5 years & we still haven't had a comic based wave yet, but maybe that has something to do with the actors movie contracts. Yes, that means the X-Men & F4 waves will all eventually be over run with MCU figures one day & though it will be bliss for MCU collectors who would love nothing more than to have all the repetetive actor figures their little hearts desire, us Comic figure fans will suffer for any crumbs they will throw at us. The bright side of that is it looks like the creative team is doing everything in its limited power to try & get us as many Comic based X-figures as possible before that happens. We've already gotten damn near perfect versions of the F4 and I'm almost certain a new Doctor Doom & Kang will follow the Super Skull sometime in the near future. So I'm keeping a positive outlook.

This would be a subject I would like to touch apon at this year's SDCC, but alas, I fear this is something that's a few years off and though it would make perfect sense (in a sensible world) the suits at both Hasbro & Disney are as unpredictable as a Walking Dead season premiere.

On other fronts, I think the 4 & 12 inch lines are toast. Initially I did not like the 4" line but as they got better I grew to like them & even tracked down all the older figs I missed. Best part about them: NO FREAKIN' MOVIE FIGURES! Ultmately, with the resources and focus on the reignition of the ML line the distribution & quality & articulation of the 4" line suffered & I don't foresee a full return to glory other than exclusives or special products similar to the Gamestop Rainbowpool set. Sad story. I really liked the assortments and the fact that they dared to let the worlds of the Avengers & X-Men intermingle. As far as the 12" I just think it never caught on. I think it was too much too fast. As much care as they put into detail, they ignored as much in scale. Deadpool was the same size as Spidey as Daredevil and some of the head sculpts were way too big. The only ones I ever bought were on clearance and from what I saw they all eventually ended up in clearance. Honestly, to be rid of them would take some burden off my wallet. As good and as large some of them were, that price point was a hell of a stretch for me.

CobraSaboteur87 

Yes indeed, I saw Monron and I were of the same mind on so many issues,it got to the point where I would formulate what I wanted to say on these forums, only to find Monron had not only addressed said issues, but touched on the same specifics I would have.  I think my brotha from anotha saw the same thing. No wonder we would bicker! We were too much alike! Lol. 

As to your concerns:

That's an excellent point. I've always wondered why Hasbro didn't give the Avengers the "Spidey treatment" by putting out pure Marvel waves in "non movie" years. Like Spider-Man, it wouldn't affect MCU collectors one way or another (well except financially as my friend MCU Collector can attest). The same for the other themed waves you mentioned. I'll definitely pose those questions and concerns to the Hasbro team.

I also want to know about their future with Walgreens and FF related product as well as what's to be done with TRU exclusive product (I think they plan to address that on their own anyway).

As for your other concerns, you had foresight enough to know they will be vague with many of them. That won't stop me from asking (I'll just have to find a way to "word" the question in such a way as to draw the most direct answer possible. Guess we'll see how successful I'l be).

Some great areas of concern. I'll do my best, and try to keep the community updated as rapidly and consistently as possible.

@Monron999

Glad to be welcomed back and glad to see you & Rukk kiss and make up lol. I missed the great war of MCU vs Comic Legends figures that you and Rukk started and for reasons outlined by admin, I am not going to throw my $0.02 in on the matter but...perhaps on a different forum or platform, I would like to weigh in on the subject as while there many things I agree with you, Rukk & others on, there quite a few things I disagree on too. A conversation for another time as it were.

I am glad you got into MU 3.75 at the end of the day as that line was truly incredible. In fact, if it wasn't for MU 3.75, Hasbro would have not seen a DIME of my money from 2007-2013, as I bought EVERY MU product released but zero Legends because coming off of ToyBiz, it was too much garbage to put up with. I wanted nothing to do with Hasbro's "Legends" pre Infinite Series rebrand in 2014 (there was some good figures made in 2013 across a couple short waves but at that point I was still beyond the pale with Hasbro and they hadn't earned my money back just yet). Hasbro still needed to prove themselves to me that they could be trusted with the brand and treat it right and in 2014, they finally did that for me. It's a shame the line is dead errr "resting", especially when there is no logical explanation for it so that's why I hope they get grilled on it again because letting Hasbro know face to face at these cons that the line still has interest for collectors (and they know it does-the real reason it was canceled is because 6in has higher margins, plain & simple---long discussion for yet again another time) 

Regarding the 12in Legends, while I completely agree the price point was steep (why aren't they $40 lol?) and the launch of the line was poor (I don't believe Spidey or Cap were handled as well as they could have been but I guess IM was ok), and YES there are some big heads lol...I don't concur with you on that the line was too much too fast. We have received 12 figures in 2 years but only 9 characters as 3 were just repaints. As I stated, think the line started poorly and the initial $50 price tag was laughable to most, leading to clearance. However, the last few releases such as Thor (which was awesome), Hulk (which definitely didn't beat the ToyBiz Icon version, But I did appreciate the size and accessories) and Jim Lee Wolvie (which was just simply fantastic), I would be very disheartened to see the line not continue as I believe it's just now hitting it's stride and that $50 price point is starting to seem more palatable with the recent effort they've been giving it. There's one very simple way to light a fire underneath the line: Small but consistent releases and nothing but rockstars for the rosters. I believe 4 figs a year, 1 a quarter, would be a nice sweet spot and they can give the retailers an exclusive repaint once or twice a year. Let's start the next 4 figs like this: Comic Thanos, Comic Venom/Carnage, Jim Lee Sabretooth ( to go with the sweet Wolvie we have) & Jean Grey/Phoenix. Who's with me on that lol?

Err, not matter how much I try, I still rant on like a crazy person lol. Talk to you later!

@Rukkdeez

Hey man!

I am glad we agree on the themed waves as that's the only thing gnawing at me about the line at this point. I believe we should get one beefy comic based Avengers Wave EVERY year (because Avengers are so comprehensive and represent so many characters and also because the line is call Marvel Legends...lol) and then give us 1 wave for a mainstream hero and rotate said hero waves in and out annually as stated so we aren't getting a Cap wave every year or an Iron Man wave every year, etc but we are getting at least 1 of those every year, tom compliment the MUST HAVE ANNUAL AVENGERS Wave (post 2019).

Furthermore, using 9 waves a year and 3 marvel movies a year as a template, this what I would like to see.

Avengers Wave x1

Spidey Wave x2 (as we always get)

X-Men Wave x2 (we do not need "Deadpool" Legends Waves. Retail does not need another SKU and it's just stupid all around. I personally think the Sasquatch & Sauron Waves are the best of the year but if you take away all the deadpool variants from the waves, most to if not all of the characters in the waves are "X" themed characters, ranging from New Mutants to X-Men to X-Force, etc. Hasbro wants to give us 13 different 6in Deadpool Legends in a year? Awesome, sign me up cause I'll buy them all but lets just put 1-2 Deadpools in waves/2-packs per year and make all the other Deadpools store exclusives cause that's what exclusives should be designed for, variants & repaints. I mean is there any reason Deadpool in his underwear couldn't have been a Gamestop Exclusive? Does Deadpool in his briefs really NEED to be in a BAF wave and contain a BAF part lol?)

Marvel Knights Wave x1 Rotational A (we need to keep this sub-line going, would be a real great way to get out all of those Knights & MAX versions of characters as well as just more obscure stuff. Does not need to be a wave every year but at least every other year)

Hero Wave x1 Rotational B (Cap Wave, Thor Wave, Iron Man Wave, etc)

Movie Wave x3 to correlate to each movie (these waves need to be 8 figures deep so we can still get a couple cool comic versions in addition to the movie figs from the wave which will be dominantly placed)

*Bonus Annual Vintage Wave (I love the vintage assortment and can't wait for Wave 2 to land. Since the Vintage figs are all just primarily repaints, it's probably a very low-cost production for them and for that reason, I can't see why we couldn't just continue to get at least 1 Vintage Wave a year)

Regarding the other questions/concerns I posed, they shouldn't fetch too vague of answers as we all know it's not what you say but how you say it lol.

In any case, thanks again Rukk as I appreciate your effort and look forward to hearing your reporting.

EDIT: Lastly, please thank Dwight & Co for the F4 figures and also the Villains they've given us this year, if you can. I can cross of several villains from my never-ending Bring On The Bad Guys list (especially from the MCU) and for that I am eternally grateful :smile:

1 hour ago, Rukkdeez said:

Hasbro booth. Rukk: Dwight! WTF?!? Dwight: Remember Onslaught? Patience!

20180718_203927.jpg

His answer was “patience”? I mean I’m not an opener but this is just getting dumb lol. They REALLY couldn’t fit a claw hand in ANY of the 7 figures packages? 

We are already 9 waves deep this year with Vintage Wave 2 making 10 and a potentially even a 2nd Black Panther Wave before years end making 11... When you then count and add up ALL of the 2-packs, 3-packs, box sets, exclusives, etc...we are literally getting over 100 figures this year if my math is correct. Would ANYONE would’ve complained if we got maybe 2 less total figures this year so Apocalypse could’ve gotten an actual accessory? This is just epic “shaking my head” if you ask me lol.

Preview Night, and I already got word: Next year, the Walgreens exclusives will go in a different direction now that the FF are complete. I believe he meant AFTER Super Skrull. I'll get clarity tomorrow. I believe (no hints from Hasbro staff) Dr Doom will be in the Black Panther wave. 

Great reporting Rukk! With that being said, I am more than a little taken back by the potential prospect of not getting any more FF figures though...please don’t make a grown man cry Dwight...please.

33 minutes ago, Rukkdeez said:

For everybody riffing that Doc Ock and Omega Red don't have bendi-wire, the reason is plain and simply...IT COSTS TOO MUCH (per Dwight Stal)!

Lol man I had countless toys across many figure lines growing up that had bendy wire features. I guess my parents were rich and I never knew it... Truth be told, I don’t care about bendy wire but I know plenty of collectors do so good scooping Rukk.

4 hours ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

Lol man I had countless toys across many figure lines growing up that had bendy wire features. I guess my parents were rich and I never knew it... Truth be told, I don’t care about bendy wire but I know plenty of collectors do so good scooping Rukk.

What Dwight meant was it's too expensive to do and keep the figure at the $20 price point.

55 minutes ago, Rukkdeez said:

Pics of reveals...

Look at those face sculpts! They got Boseman right this time yeah?

Dora Milaje building time!

Vespa confirmed.

M'Baku BAF looks spectacular!

20180719_150247.jpg

20180719_150822.jpg

20180719_150114.jpg

20180719_150013.jpg

20180719_150018.jpg

20180719_135316.jpg

20180719_150829.jpg

20180719_150008.jpg

20180719_150835.jpg

20180719_150106.jpg

20180719_150111.jpg

20180719_150023.jpg

20180719_150031.jpg

Thanks for these Rukk but could you keep these type to the SDCC Discussion thread. Please. Pretty Please. We'll keep this thread for people who want to ask Hasbro anything.

Pics of reveals...

Look at those face sculpts! They got Boseman right this time yeah?

Dora Milaje building time!

Vespa confirmed.

M'Baku BAF looks spectacular!

20180719_150247.jpg

20180719_150822.jpg

20180719_150114.jpg

20180719_150013.jpg

20180719_150018.jpg

20180719_135316.jpg

20180719_150829.jpg

20180719_150008.jpg

20180719_150835.jpg

20180719_150106.jpg

20180719_150111.jpg

20180719_150023.jpg

20180719_150031.jpg

still not impressed with this wave, and won't buy any except that Killmonger heist figure is really amazing, that might be the only buy from this here wave, Deadpool on the vespa is sweet (and I knew it was gonna happen) (but wouldn't buy it)

24 minutes ago, tarot said:

Thanks for these Rukk but could you keep these type to the SDCC Discussion thread. Please. Pretty Please. We'll keep this thread for people who want to ask Hasbro anything.

Very sorry Tarot! I've posted so much on this thread I forgot this was a reveal. Won't happen again. Gonna copy and put over there.