Comic-con Correspondence

tarot

CobraSabotuer87- I brought up your suggestions regarding the Avengers and dropping waves in non movie years. I added that Marvel fans would continue to get characters previously absent, plus since no movie is involved, MCU fans wouldn't (couldn't) get bent. He (Tony) agreed and said they were already exploring that possibility. I also asked about the Framchises whose trilogies are up (Iron Man, Cap, Thor) and if there was anything cooking regarding them since they no longer have movies to base waves off of. That answer was of the vague variety. "We follow Disney's lead" and of course "It's always a possibility". Your question regarding the future of their exclusives in the wake of the TRU demise was met with a very direct answer: "We'll keep pumping them out and won't decrease because there's always someone (B&M or etail) who'll want to partner up". 

I think I got you covered with the exception of the 3.75" line. I'll hit that tomorrow.

@Rukkdeez

Thank you sir, you are a true gentlemen & a scholar. I’m excited to hear that they are at least thinking about giving us main hero themed character waves in a year thats not tied to a movie. However on the same token, that answer of “We follow Disney’s lead” is a little disheartening to hear and kind of head scratching when you think about it considering they are releasing about 10 waves a year now and have plenty of room to adequately tackle the movies with MCU focused waves (as they have been) AND release plenty of other waves.

Great answer on the exclusives, that’s exactly what I was hoping would be said so I am very happy on that. Speaking of which...I wonder where that Days Of Future Past Sentinel set is going to land?

That leaves, if you have the time/opportunity, to bring up their thoughts on HasLab, 12in Legends (I.E. simply put...will we see more?) and the 3.75 line as you already stated.

In any case, it’s totally badass that you were able to pick their brains on some of these things we’ve been discussing and I genuinely appreciate it. Good stuff man, good stuff!

P.S. I wonder if you could ask them if they have plans on revisiting more recent movies and releasing additional waves for them as well? With a 2nd Black Panther Wave landing about a year from the first wave AND it not being tied to any other movie, they kind of set a precedent for the current Legends line as they are essentially “re-visiting” the movie with a follow up wave a year later. I bring this question up mostly as in, if they can do it for Panther, can they do it for say...Ragnarok? I prefer comic waves over MCU waves but if we are talking brass tacs, I would be MUCH more open to purchasing a 2nd Thor Wave that gave us movie versions of GrandMaster, Collector, Skurge, Heimdall, BAF Kurse, etc...then a 2nd wave of MCU Panther figs. Considering the Ragnarok Wave we got was representative of the first real batch of Thor related legends we had gotten in YEARS...I can’t be the only collector interested in an additional Thor wave can I? Just figured I’d throw that out there lol. 

Thank you!

32 minutes ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

@Rukkdeez

Thank you sir, you are a true gentlemen & a scholar. I’m excited to hear that they are at least thinking about giving us main hero themed character waves in a year thats not tied to a movie. However on the same token, that answer of “We follow Disney’s lead” is a little disheartening to hear and kind of head scratching when you think about it considering they are releasing about 10 waves a year now and have plenty of room to adequately tackle the movies with MCU focused waves (as they have been) AND release plenty of other waves.

Great answer on the exclusives, that’s exactly what I was hoping would be said so I am very happy on that. Speaking of which...I wonder where that Days Of Future Past Sentinel set is going to land?

That leaves, if you have the time/opportunity, to bring up their thoughts on HasLab, 12in Legends (I.E. simply put...will we see more?) and the 3.75 line as you already stated.

In any case, it’s totally badass that you were able to pick their brains on some of these things we’ve been discussing and I genuinely appreciate it. Good stuff man, good stuff!

P.S. I wonder if you could ask them if they have plans on revisiting more recent movies and releasing additional waves for them as well? With a 2nd Black Panther Wave landing about a year from the first wave AND it not being tied to any other movie, they kind of set a precedent for the current Legends line as they are essentially “re-visiting” the movie with a follow up wave a year later. I bring this question up mostly as in, if they can do it for Panther, can they do it for say...Ragnarok? I prefer comic waves over MCU waves but if we are talking brass tacs, I would be MUCH more open to purchasing a 2nd Thor Wave that gave us movie versions of GrandMaster, Collector, Skurge, Heimdall, BAF Kurse, etc...then a 2nd wave of MCU Panther figs. Considering the Ragnarok Wave we got was representative of the first real batch of Thor related legends we had gotten in YEARS...I can’t be the only collector interested in an additional Thor wave can I? Just figured I’d throw that out there lol. 

Thank you!

That's great! I'll ask about Thor tomorrow! Very good point!

On 7/19/2018 at 8:49 PM, Rukkdeez said:

CobraSabotuer87- I brought up your suggestions regarding the Avengers and dropping waves in non movie years. I added that Marvel fans would continue to get characters previously absent, plus since no movie is involved, MCU fans wouldn't (couldn't) get bent. He (Tony) agreed and said they were already exploring that possibility. I also asked about the Framchises whose trilogies are up (Iron Man, Cap, Thor) and if there was anything cooking regarding them since they no longer have movies to base waves off of. That answer was of the vague variety. "We follow Disney's lead" and of course "It's always a possibility". Your question regarding the future of their exclusives in the wake of the TRU demise was met with a very direct answer: "We'll keep pumping them out and won't decrease because there's always someone (B&M or etail) who'll want to partner up". 

I think I got you covered with the exception of the 3.75" line. I'll hit that tomorrow.

Dayam! We expected a certain amount of vagueness (new buzzword), actually a lot of vagueness, but this "We follow Disney's lead" BS is wearing me out. How many times have Dwight or Tony been called out in the past about why Disney/Marvel does not allow certain figures or franchises to be produced only for them to snap back "We have rights to ALL Marvel's properties & do what we see fit." So what is it? Did Hasbro pay damn good money for the rights to produce toys from ALL and ANY Marvel properties they choose or are they Disney's #$## and only allowed to do as they're told? You can't have it both ways guys. Vagueness, we all understand & expect. All that freaking double speak, tho. How bout someone at Hasbro grow a pair & pick a freaking side already. Someone with free reign woulda already done a Firestar and Quicksilver and a hundred other figures, cuz they would be sure fire moneymakers. What a buncha Owned Chumps.

19 hours ago, monron999 said:

Dayam! We expected a certain amount of vagueness (new buzzword), actually a lot of vagueness, but this "We follow Disney's lead" BS is wearing me out. How many times have Dwight or Tony been called out in the past about why Disney/Marvel does not allow certain figures or franchises to be produced only for them to snap back "We have rights to ALL Marvel's properties & do what we see fit." So what is it? Did Hasbro pay damn good money for the rights to produce toys from ALL and ANY Marvel properties they choose or are they Disney's #$## and only allowed to do as they're told? You can't have it both ways guys. Vagueness, we all understand & expect. All that freaking double speak, tho. How bout someone at Hasbro grow a pair & pick a freaking side already. Someone with free reign woulda already done a Firestar and Quicksilver and a hundred other figures, cuz they would be sure fire moneymakers. What a buncha Owned Chumps.

I agree Monron on the “we follow Disney’s lead” thing and mostly because it’s not so much vague as it is redundantly mastering the obvious. Hasbro releases waves to support the Disney MCU films...we know this already... The current Legends line (speaking from the 2014 Infinite Series rebrand) was FORMED around the principal of supporting the movie lines (and comic lines) under one universal wave banner, which had really never been done before like that.

Unlike 2014 however, where we got a total of 4 BAF waves that year, we are now 10 waves deep into 2018 and if Panther Wave 2 lands before 2019 (to which I believe it will), we will be at 11 waves for the year. You know what hasn’t grown? The amount of MCU movies that come out in a year...as we never get more than 3.

In summary, since there are more than enough waves that get released in a year to cover all the movie launches AND also give us other waves that have nothing to do with the movies, there is already BUILT-IN dedicated space for assorted waves to come out in the line, each yeah, that don’t conflict or are at the sacrifice/expense of the movie waves. What’s your answer to that?

Even if all 3 MCU movies that come out in a given year get 2 entire waves dedicated to them (which not all movies do-most don’t in fact) that’s only 6 waves. We know we are getting 2 Spidey Waves and 1 X-men Wave so that’s 9. That still leaves room for a Captain America wave in that year, an Iron Man wave in the following year, etc.

If Hasbro means to say that they cannot release a Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Knights assortment, etc wave in a year, simply because there’s not a movie for that corresponding character coming out in that year...then I don’t even know what to say to that. If that’s what they “really mean” by following Disney’s lead then that’s just asinine and a huge lack of fan service.