SDCC 2018 Official Discussion

tarot

It's that time of the year again guys. for the new guys we have strict rules

As alway:

• DO NOT POST PICS OR LINK TO OTHER SITES.
    • I know we all get excited when we read something on another site but please know that this site will post news and images on the main page. You are allow to write what other sites have reported, that fine as we know we can't stop you all from doing that but don't post any pics or link. That plus our boss get really mad at us lol :P
  • Don't not make multiple thread discussing the same thing.
    • Keep all Toyfair/SDCC/Hascon/NYCC news to this thread. If you have an opinion or even anger rant (come one we know some one will), please post it here. If we MODs see a thread like this one, it will be merged together with this one.
  • Try and keep wishlist til after the Toyfair/SDCC/Hascon/NYCC (Sunday or Monday).
    • We are not going to ban wishlist thread, in fact we like them, but there is really no point in making a list until we know all that is coming out. Also their will usually be the annual "Post SDCC/Hascon/NYCC Wishlist" Thread going up on Monday.
  • NEW RULE! DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A MCU VS COMIC THREAD!!
    • Over the past couple of month there has been an increase in threads going from talking about one particular topic into a thread filled with MCU VS Comic or Peg Cloggin. Keep this thread talking about the reveals and figures. Nothing else. BUT if you don't like the MCU figures revealed then you can say that.

News:

Since the next (Disney) Marvel movie isn't until February, we know there will be NO MCU reveals in the next 5 days. We WILL get an idea the Marvel/MCU ratios by how many figs ARE revealed. I anticipate another 3 Avengers waves between now and the end of next year, and I'm very intrigued to know what characters will be in the next Black Panther wave. I believe it's been confirmed it's a 6 figure wave.

13 minutes ago, Rukkdeez said:

Since the next (Disney) Marvel movie isn't until February, we know there will be NO MCU reveals in the next 5 days. We WILL get an idea the Marvel/MCU ratios by how many figs ARE revealed. I anticipate another 3 Avengers waves between now and the end of next year, and I'm very intrigued to know what characters will be in the next Black Panther wave. I believe it's been confirmed it's a 6 figure wave.

that's true except for movies that are already out or are just about to come out, Hasbro never reveals MCU figure until close to the movies release. I suspect that we will see the first of the Cap Marvel wave comic figures at least. Maybe we will see some MCU figure in the Black Panther wave though as people have been asking for a few of them with Shuri and M'Baku being the top requested MCU figures from that movie.

Klaue looks great, I'll definitely be adding him.  Does Black Panther look like a reissue of the Civil War one with a better head sculpt to anyone else? I was hoping it would at least have butterfly joints, but it doesn't look like it in that picture.

1 minute ago, greenlucario said:

Klaue looks great, I'll definitely be adding him.  Does Black Panther look like a reissue of the Civil War one with a better head sculpt to anyone else? I was hoping it would at least have butterfly joints, but it doesn't look like it in that picture.

yeah that what I thought as well.

Well I think the best of the bunch has to be T'Chaka. Never ever expected him. Second is Klaue, then Ayo (just to Army Build and Followed by that BP.

As for the Vintage waves, they look f-ing fantastic. Especially that Wasp. If you have been collecting ML as long as I have you will know why that costume is important.

Wow that vintage Wasp is a must, especially with the fact that it's 100% better version of that old blue wasp that never made it out. Two must haves already, this is shaping up to be quite the SDCC!

2 hours ago, tarot said:

Over at the Marvel comic official site they announce 4 of the Black Panther second wave with 4 MCU Figures. 

They are

• T'Chaka,
  • Klaue,
  • Ayo (Dora Malijae) 
  • and a repaint Black Panther
  • And Shuri will be out in 2019 not in the second wave

I would have preferred Shuri to another Black Panther. Hope we get a M'Baku figure

2 hours ago, leokearon said:

I would have preferred Shuri to another Black Panther. Hope we get a M'Baku figure

both of those would have been at least better then this throw-away re-hash wave

T'Chaka,

Klaue,

Ayo (Dora Malijae) 

and a repaint Black Panther

this is what we are getting for this wave,, this just seems like a no try for Hasbro (so many re-paints, re-hashs this year)

TChalla-_Unmasked-_Figure.jpg

Klaue-_Figure.jpg

TChaka-_Black-_Panther-_Figure.jpg

Ayo-_Dora-_Milaje-_Figure.jpg

Klaue looks decent and like andy serkis, but I have no interest in owning that figure, the rest are pathetic IMO, won't even look at this wave as it stands, I think the next two in it are another Gold Jaguar, and I guess M'baku (maybe)

• Klaue - I thought Andy Serkis was fantastic in the movie, so even though he's a bit of a vanilla figure I'll be happy to add him to my collection. That said I think he would have been better suited as part of a two-pack so folks who aren't Andy Serkis fans could skip him without missing out on whatever the BAF turns out to be.
  • T'Chaka - Love it!
  • Ayo - I honestly didn't even remember this was a named character in the movie until I looked her up just now. Would have preferred a generic Dora Milaje body with multiple heads to army build.
  • T'Challa - I have enough Black Panthers already, thank you.

Vintage Figures - I passed on the first wave but now I'm on the fence about getting into them. Surprisingly Amazon had Wolverine in stock yesterday and I thought about pulling the trigger but passed. Mild regret now.

I was going to come on and give out about Hasbro making a MCU wave when they could have slotted so many Comic character in their but then I remembered I started collecting and displaying MCU figures as well. 

I also saw Udon Deadpool on a vespa with Dogpool (and I believe will also have Squirrelpool) and I was like Your Forgiven.

Before people go on a rant, you should know that Hasbro does this every year. Start out bad but then we be praising them like gods.

1 hour ago, Mangar said:
  • Klaue - I thought Andy Serkis was fantastic in the movie, so even though he's a bit of a vanilla figure I'll be happy to add him to my collection. That said I think he would have been better suited as part of a two-pack so folks who aren't Andy Serkis fans could skip him without missing out on whatever the BAF turns out to be.
  • T'Chaka - Love it!
  • Ayo - I honestly didn't even remember this was a named character in the movie until I looked her up just now. Would have preferred a generic Dora Milaje body with multiple heads to army build.
  • T'Challa - I have enough Black Panthers already, thank you.

Vintage Figures - I passed on the first wave but now I'm on the fence about getting into them. Surprisingly Amazon had Wolverine in stock yesterday and I thought about pulling the trigger but passed. Mild regret now.

That IS a generic Dora Milaje body. It comes with MULTIPLE heads!

3 minutes ago, tarot said:

exactly. they picked Ayo name as she was the only one who actually had a line in the movie. Pity it won't be out til October as I'm going to meet the actor at Dublin Comic Con next month. and Skurge from Ragnarok as well. 

Nice. When you see Karl Urban, do me a favor and please ask him “WHEN IS JUDGE DREDD 2 COMING OUT!?” :biggrin:

12 minutes ago, mako said:

Wait, what!?! Ayo comes with multiple heads!!!

So, in effect, we're getting a black... female... army builder. Say what you will about the MCU figures, but it's gonna be a looong time before anybody has the big shiny brass ones to try that in the comic line. Well played Hasbro!

...it almost makes up for blowing a valuable slot in the Riders line with Deadpool and a Vespa.

You know, I didn't even think of that! Right you are!

Oh and Tarot; Ayo had a couple lines ("Yes General" & "Is there nothing we can do" or something like that), plus one more Dora spoke: "Wakanda forever"! Before Killmonger slit her throat (kill me, I've seen the movie over 10 times! On my phone now).