Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will be skipping the new Black Panther wave. The new Vintage figures are a maybe. Deadpool on his rider is a pass. I am crossing my fingers for X-Men. I am really hoping we get a great one next year

I hope we get some good reveals later today because its looking like I maybe done for a long while til the next X-Men wave hits next year.  

Yeah, I have a hard time seeing the MCU figures selling really well. Especially if they are going to go up in price like the 10 year annv. stuff. The only 10 year annv. set I wanted was that Thor and

Posted Images

Symbiote Spider-Man (current) - pass

Red Goblin -  he looks great, so it may be a purchase

Black Cat - pass. I hate the modern costume

Silver Sable - one of the few I was waiting for

BAF-Kingpin - this will probably be expensive. I may get if I can grab at a good price. I have the Face-Off black, so white would be a still alternate.

Gambit - I HATE that jacket mold. Please retire it. I hope he comes with an alternate head

Blink - they've been pushing her in the mainstream. so it was coming. I'll grab

Professor X - I'm pretty sure this is the Riders Wave. I hope that there's other things included to justify the $40 price point. Deadpool with the lil ass scooter comes with Dogpool. I may pass

Hercules - Looks good. hey may finally have a torso for classic Thor. I'll pass

Luke Cage/Claire Temple 2pack officially revealed (Walmart)

Magik (Walgreens) - I wish they had put her in the New Mutants costume, but I'll get.

Ultron 10 Anniversary (Gamestop) - pass

Archangel w multiple heads (blue unmarked, Horseman)-Gamestop/EE - Insta-cop. I called it. It may even lower the price of Hit-Monkey Archangel on eBay.

Skullbuster - weird choice. But I guess it was an easy repaint.

AIM Soldiers - pass. Funny, they put out the gun, but I assumed it was a Deadpool prop.

Genis Vell- looks good but...

 

So far, my definites are Archangel, Silver Sablinova & Magik.

Possibles - Blink, Gambit & Red Goblin

 

Interesting, but they still have at least 2 figures left from Spidey wave & 3 from X-Men (but it'll probably be 7 total)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KiloinNorcal said:

There's pics of Sentinel on Michael Benavidez's FB page. M.news won't let me link.

no I said that we have it on the front page and already in this thread. Also one of the rules of this forum is to not link to other sites as we will have it up eventually. it's unfair to JayC and his team when you do that.

it on this post anyway. https://marvelousnews.com/23-23539

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tarot said:

no I said that we have it on the front page and already in this thread. Also one of the rules of this forum is to not link to other sites as we will have it up eventually. it's unfair to JayC and his team when you do that.

it on this post anyway. https://marvelousnews.com/23-23539

Ok cool! Just trying to get the info out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel conflicted. All of the figures are great, but I feel like Hasbro should shift their focus a little bit. The Spider-Man waves could be pushed to the background in favor of families of other characters like Iron Man, Thor or even the Avengers as a catch-all alternative. I would also be happy if Hasbro tried harder to make figures of new characters or characters' new looks.

The Black Panther wave makes me feel hopeful. The fact that Hasbro themselves highlighted that it's an all-movie wave hopefully indicates there'll be more like that, and characters like Klaue or T'Chaka getting figures could mean Marvel's movies will get a better treatment. I just want it to stop being like Infinity War, which missed figures for so many characters, or Ant-Man and the Wasp, which only got figures for the two main characters and not even the main villain. I still can't believe MCU Ultron got a figure in a wave that wasn't even for the movie he appeared in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, tarot said:

I just noticed that Herc is on the Omega red body. Shoulder Joints people!

Okay, I wish Hasbro would stop doing this,  don't they have any clue about scale. Now Hercules is going to be much taller than the SDCC Odinson Thor. Hercules should not be as tall as Omega Red. This blows chunks of disapproval for me personally.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dave said:

Okay, I wish Hasbro would stop doing this,  don't they have any clue about scale. Now Hercules is going to be much taller than the SDCC Odinson Thor. Hercules should not be as tall as Omega Red. This blows chunks of disapproval for me personally.

Actually no I was wrong

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is kind of ironic. I actually mentioned to my daughter around 3 weeks ago now that if Hasbro didn't announce a new Thor and or Hercules, I was quitting. She said can I quote you on that and I said yep you sure can. Well Hasbro came through for me.:wink:

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ADour said:

I feel conflicted. All of the figures are great, but I feel like Hasbro should shift their focus a little bit. The Spider-Man waves could be pushed to the background in favor of families of other characters like Iron Man, Thor or even the Avengers as a catch-all alternative. I would also be happy if Hasbro tried harder to make figures of new characters or characters' new looks.

The Black Panther wave makes me feel hopeful. The fact that Hasbro themselves highlighted that it's an all-movie wave hopefully indicates there'll be more like that, and characters like Klaue or T'Chaka getting figures could mean Marvel's movies will get a better treatment. I just want it to stop being like Infinity War, which missed figures for so many characters, or Ant-Man and the Wasp, which only got figures for the two main characters and not even the main villain. I still can't believe MCU Ultron got a figure in a wave that wasn't even for the movie he appeared in.

As a fan I agree. From the business perspective, Spider-Man is Marvel's historically most popular character. Hasbro can't go wrong with this franchise. All the others, well after we fans are done, more times than not...peg warm hell.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, ADour said:

I feel conflicted. All of the figures are great, but I feel like Hasbro should shift their focus a little bit. The Spider-Man waves could be pushed to the background in favor of families of other characters like Iron Man, Thor or even the Avengers as a catch-all alternative. I would also be happy if Hasbro tried harder to make figures of new characters or characters' new looks.

The Black Panther wave makes me feel hopeful. The fact that Hasbro themselves highlighted that it's an all-movie wave hopefully indicates there'll be more like that, and characters like Klaue or T'Chaka getting figures could mean Marvel's movies will get a better treatment. I just want it to stop being like Infinity War, which missed figures for so many characters, or Ant-Man and the Wasp, which only got figures for the two main characters and not even the main villain. I still can't believe MCU Ultron got a figure in a wave that wasn't even for the movie he appeared in.

I hear ya. Someone on instagram said there will be more MCU figures especially the characters that were missed in Infinity War in 2019. I was so bummed that there weren't that many characters for Infinity War. For Black Panther, I'm going to have to get T'Challa, Shuri and Nakia (always wanted to get her)

The Three Pack for Infinity War with Thanos 10th Anniversary I felt like Gamora and Star Lord should have been included in that pack. Even though Iron Man and Doctor Strange does fit with Thanos. 

Oddly enough I felt mostly Infinity War marketed mostly the characters who would survive. Which does make sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nieman257 said:

It definitely looks new. My guess is they're gearing up for classic Thor.

Yeah, I would hope though Hasbro would use the Odinson body to keep Thor consistent.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this was a very weak SDCC for me. Not as in I didn’t like what was shown, because I did like quite a bit actually but mainly from a quantity standpoint. There was far less shown here than what we traditionally see at SDCC and drastically far less than what we saw at ToyFair this year.

The reason for this seems to be quite clear as they even referenced this in the panel slide show and that is because they are really promoting the upcoming cons and plan to keep more reveals saved for all of those cons respectively. If this is the new motus operandi, than I will just learn to taper my expectations for future SDCCs is all.

Pros for me:

1. Blink

2. Skullbuster

3. Kingpin

4. Xavier

5. Silver Sable

6. AIM Soldiers. Pushing the army builders is just smart business. Bring on Shield, Hand, etc.

7. Vintage Wave 2 is stellar

Cons for me:

1. Majik for Walgreens? Great to see another release of Majik but not at the expense of a FF4 character...especially when they could’ve just thrown her in as the bonus 8th fig without the BAF piece for the 2019 X-men Wave.

2. No mention of HasLab at the panel? WTF. I don’t need a reveal of what they have planned but at least an acknowledgement that they know it exists... Did they not notice that the first project funded at over $4.5 million dollars, almost doubled its goal AND was for the 3.75 Scale (ya know, the scale that Hasbro thinks marvel collectors don’t exist for anymore?)

3. No mention of 3.75 (that was practically a given so trust me, I wasn’t holding my breath)

4. No mention of 12in (since 12in was also absent at ToyFair, I guess this officially means they are “resting” the line). Shame.

5. Archangel deluxe set for $30? Same with Majik, should have just been slotted into the X-men waves or something. It’s the SAME figure as before but with extra heads and an Apoc claw arm and that’s worthy of a “deluxe” figure and for $30??? To be clear, I’m not upset about the fig be re-released by any means but given what I stated above, I just don’t get it.

6. No mention of any new Legends assortments or extensions to existing assortments (like Knights for example)

7. No Thor figs revealed. Was hoping for at least a tease of another Ragnarok Wave since we are getting a 2nd BP Wave. BP definitely blew away box office expectations to which Hasbro was clearly not prepared for BUT Ragnarok also made close to $1B and far out-grossed the previous 2 installments... Also, at the end of the day, I’d rather see a follow up MCU wave to Ragnarok that could possibly contain Korg, GrandMaster, Skurge, Heimdall, etc...than to NOT see ANY more Thor comic or movie figs...

8. Accessory Packs? Neca makes accessory packs/dioramas all the time and Legends is by far a stronger selling and wider/deeper IP. Neca makes packs of stands that support alt Head sculpts for crying out loud! (man do I love Neca) The money being left on the table here by Hasbro is nothing short of astonishing and it’s almost inconceivable to think that they aren’t at least aware of this...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

Well this was a very weak SDCC for me. Not as in I didn’t like what was shown, because I did like quite a bit actually but mainly from a quantity standpoint. There was far less shown here than what we traditionally see at SDCC and drastically far less than what we saw at ToyFair this year.

The reason for this seems to be quite clear as they even referenced this in the panel slide show and that is because they are really promoting the upcoming cons and plan to keep more reveals saved for all of those cons respectively. If this is the new motus operandi, than I will just learn to taper my expectations for future SDCCs is all.

Pros for me:

1. Blink

2. Skullbuster

3. Kingpin

4. Xavier

5. Silver Sable

6. AIM Soldiers. Pushing the army builders is just smart business. Bring on Shield, Hand, etc.

7. Vintage Wave 2 is stellar

Cons for me:

1. Majik for Walgreens? Great to see another release of Majik but not at the expense of a FF4 character...especially when they could’ve just thrown her in as the bonus 8th fig without the BAF piece for the 2019 X-men Wave.

2. No mention of HasLab at the panel? WTF. I don’t need a reveal of what they have planned but at least an acknowledgement that they know it exists... Did they not notice that the first project funded at over $4.5 million dollars, almost doubled its goal AND was for the 3.75 Scale (ya know, the scale that Hasbro thinks marvel collectors don’t exist for anymore?)

3. No mention of 3.75 (that was practically a given so trust me, I wasn’t holding my breath)

4. No mention of 12in (since 12in was also absent at ToyFair, I guess this officially means they are “resting” the line). Shame.

5. Archangel deluxe set for $30? Same with Majik, should have just been slotted into the X-men waves or something. It’s the SAME figure as before but with extra heads and an Apoc claw arm and that’s worthy of a “deluxe” figure and for $30??? To be clear, I’m not upset about the fig be re-released by any means but given what I stated above, I just don’t get it.

6. No mention of any new Legends assortments or extensions to existing assortments (like Knights for example)

7. No Thor figs revealed. Was hoping for at least a tease of another Ragnarok Wave since we are getting a 2nd BP Wave. BP definitely blew away box office expectations to which Hasbro was clearly not prepared for BUT Ragnarok also made close to $1B and far out-grossed the previous 2 installments... Also, at the end of the day, I’d rather see a follow up MCU wave to Ragnarok that could possibly contain Korg, GrandMaster, Skurge, Heimdall, etc...than to NOT see ANY more Thor comic or movie figs...

8. Accessory Packs? Neca makes accessory packs/dioramas all the time and Legends is by far a stronger selling and wider/deeper IP. Neca makes packs of stands that support alt Head sculpts for crying out loud! (man do I love Neca) The money being left on the table here by Hasbro is nothing short of astonishing and it’s almost inconceivable to think that they aren’t at least aware of this...

 

Yeah, I was a bit surprised by the quantity, but I really liked what we did see. Dwight and the guys are really rocking it with these sculpts. Would have loved to see a comic Hulk and Doctor Doom though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I should've mentioned this on the "correspondence" thread; the 3.75" scale Legends are (more or less) on "hiatus". They don't want to use the term "retired" or say that they're done. They kinda did that with the 6" line and see what happened?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Black Panther wave 2, They look great but I am passing. I can understand what Tarot said about using them as place holders and thats cool. I am on a budget so I can't buy everything and I already stated what I am doing with MCU figures. I stick to the main heroes. Everything else is a pass thats movie based. Verdict: Pass, saving money

Vintage Line wave 2, These look great. My budget says to pass but my heart says I want these. I already have these characters but they are in the form I want so I probably will grab them except for Scarlet Spider. I am happy that people are getting a second try at him that missed out the first time. I have to play it by ear to see if I will get these. See what else is hitting at NYCC. Verdict: Maybe, Have to wait and see what else is coming...

Spiderman wave 1 of 2019, I am going to pass. I love the Kingpin BAF. I may just grab him off of Ebay if the price is right. I already broke down in last August and bought the Toybiz version. Again the budget plays a roll. I am pretty much wrapped up with Spiderman so what else I am seeing are easy passes. I love the first Black Cat we got and this new one comes no where near to that one. When I was collecting the 3.75 line I remember how jealous I was that the 6 inch line got a more superior one then what the 3.75 line got. I am happy that people are getting Silver Sable finally. I might get her myself but not a must have for me. Again budget. Verdict: Pass on wave. BAF is a Maybe.

X-Men 2019, Oh yeah, I will be grabbing the whole case this coming year. I am thrilled that we are getting Gambit FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! Blink looks awesome. I hope we get a new Forge. If we got a new Jim Lee Beast then I would be lying on the floor seriously hurt because my out of shape butt would have been trying to do cartwheels. I feel Hasbro would out do the Toybiz one with a killer sculpt. I really hate the Storm we are getting this year. I want one with longer hair. DITCH THE FREAKING MOHAWK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for NYCC to see what else we are getting. Verdict: GRAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avengers wave 1 of 2019, I imagine this will be movie based pretty heavily so I will be cherry picking. I am wrapped up on the MCU main heroes so I will be grabbing that Hercules. Man, he looks GREAT!!!!!!!!! A major want is crossed off my list so now I hope we get a Tigra or comic based Falcon or War Machine down the line. Verdict: Pass except for one figure, HERCULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Riders of 2019, Deadpool is a pass. The budget says no. Prof. X is a must. The main article up front says that he will be coming in the Riders and not in the X wave so that makes me happy that a slot is opened up in the main wave. Plus I don't see how you can make that chair into a BAF. Verdict: Grab Prof. X!!!!!!!!!!!

Exclusives of 2019, These are looking to be passes. I already have the Rocket ArchAngel and I don't see much of a difference so budget says no. Would like to have the Apocalypse BAF ass (That came out wrong. Screw it you know what I am talking about :p). Magik is a pass as well. I already have the SDCC version. Happy that people are having another try at her. The army builder AIM soldiers look nice but yeah a pass, budget. We'll see................. Luke Cage 2 pack yeah I will be grabbing and happy its a Walmart exclusive but wished we were getting an Iron Fist instead of whats her name. I may get the SDCC one at some point. Verdict: Mostly Pass. Grabbing Luke Cage.

Previews, I hope we are getting a Quicksilver. We need a new one. I'll take an Avenger one first though then X Factor. Get one in one line then the other in a Vintage line? That would work. It would just need a repaint.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tarot unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE