Numan Acar Cast For 'Spider-Man: Far From Home'

Outsiders

Deadline is reporting that Sony and Marvel have selected Turkish-born actor Numan Acar for a character called Dimitri for Spider-Man: Far From Home.  He joins J.B. Smoove and potentially Jake Gyllenhaal, who is in talks to play the big baddie Mysterio.

Sony isn't making comment, but in the comics there is a Dmitri Smerdyakov, aka Chameleon, a supervillain depicted in early Spider-Man issues.

The Sony/Marvel’s Spider-Man sequel has Tom Holland reprising his role as the teenage webslinger.  Michael Keaton, Zendaya and Marisa Tomei also are expected to return. Jon Watts is directing again, from a script by Erik Sommers and Chris McKenna. Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal are producing the pic, which is set for release on July 5, 2019.

Numan-Acar.jpg

Have to agree with the above sentiments, as to his looking a lot like Kraven... Which, would be pretty phenomenal to see. But then again, so would Chameleon.

That is great news! So far in spider-Man homecoming we got The Vulture and at the end when Adrian Toomes (The Vulture) was in prison he ran into Mac Gargan who is The Scorpion. So that is 2 members of The Sinister Six. And now we are getting Mysterio and Chameleon. So now it is at 4 members of The Sinister Six. I hope that there are 2 more members of The sinister six in the film or at least ensure that they make a third film with all the actors reprising the roles for the third film. Great post JayC!

Some people are thinking that Numan Acar might play Kraven but by the name Dimitri, but I doubt it. Chameleon is the closest thing I can see.

My money is on him being Chameleon but the fact that everyone is visually seeing him as Kraven makes a lot of sense seeing as how Dmitri Smerdyakov is the half brother of Sergei Kravinoff. Maybe it’s a twofer! With the movie being called Far From Home, maybe we’ll see Spidey in Europe? That’d be an easy way to introduce both Chameleon and Kraven. I suppose that all depends on the resolution of Infinity War Pt. 2!