2018 SDCC - Jeff Ward Promoted To Series Regular On 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.'

Outsiders

Jeff_Ward__scaled_600.jpg

Jeff Ward’s character Deke Shaw, the scavenging grandson of Fitz (Iain de Caestecker) and Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) from a dystopian future timeline, will feature as a series regular in season 6.

Ward revealed to sources that his character, last seen in the season 5 finale will return in the series’ next season.

“I’m very excited, because all these people are incredible and very good at what they do,”  Ward said during the interview, before joking that he rehearsed the statement — to which Ming-Na Wen, who plays Melinda May, then quipped: “Yeah, that was coming off really natural.”

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will return in 2019.

Source: Entertainment Weekly

I really think that this last season was one of the weakest. If he's there only to be Chloe Bennett's romantic interest, it will be lame. 

I uaedt to like this show when the premise was interesting, but it derailed somewhere along the way. Probably this will be the last one.

Thats cool. But I still wonder how he still exists since Fitz died. What if he is his own grandpa? What a twist! lol

• 3 weeks later...