What New Marvel Legends Might We See Revealed This Weekend At The Unboxing Convention???

JayC

So the Unboxing Convention in Mexico is this weekend and I am told we could see as many as 4-5 new figures revealed at the Hasbro Panel which takes place at 4:30pm CT on Saturday. Coverage of whatever new is shown will be up on MarvelousNews. But What do you think they will show off????

1 hour ago, Rukkdeez said:

Kree Sentry 459 is DEFINITELY the BAF for Captain Marvel! Whether you're impressed or not about this figure, the one thing I'm grateful for. Anyone care to guess?

Probably wrong but I am going to say this may lead to a Nimrod BAF?

7 hours ago, Rukkdeez said:

Kree Sentry 459 is DEFINITELY the BAF for Captain Marvel! Whether you're impressed or not about this figure, the one thing I'm grateful for. Anyone care to guess?

Let me take a shot at this. Could it be that this BAF is not a movie based figure?

Lol, easy points for me as i'm grateful in the exact same way. For the record, the only Nimrod this mold would be good for is a version least wanted by anyone. Buuuut, at the end of the day, at least we get one. Ultimately, I think if and when we do finally get a Nimrod, it will most definitely be worthy of an original buck, and if Hasbro history shows us anything, those long waited for figures, especially BAF's  usually get knocked outta the park. No sir, Nimrod will not receive the reuse treatment.

The classic Nighthawk reveal was very cool & long overdue, just need a correct scale Valkrie & classic Hulk & the classic defenders are done, though a classic Dr Strange re-do wouldn't hurt either. Huge pass on that light bulb head Living Laser, guess we're never getting classic Laser. Something seems off about the Kree Sentry, he should be more humanoid shaped. 

Kree Sentry.jpg

50 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

The classic Nighthawk reveal was very cool & long overdue, just need a correct scale Valkrie & classic Hulk & the classic defenders are done, though a classic Dr Strange re-do wouldn't hurt either. Huge pass on that light bulb head Living Laser, guess we're never getting classic Laser. Something seems off about the Kree Sentry, he should be more humanoid shaped. 

Kree Sentry.jpg

I think they are taking a modern version of it or a version from one of the games.

2 hours ago, monron999 said:

Let me take a shot at this. Could it be that this BAF is not a movie based figure?

Lol, easy points for me as i'm grateful in the exact same way. For the record, the only Nimrod this mold would be good for is a version least wanted by anyone. Buuuut, at the end of the day, at least we get one. Ultimately, I think if and when we do finally get a Nimrod, it will most definitely be worthy of an original buck, and if Hasbro history shows us anything, those long waited for figures, especially BAF's  usually get knocked outta the park. No sir, Nimrod will not receive the reuse treatment.

BULLSEYE! 

Shoulda known if ANYBODY was gonna know what I was thinking, it would be my brotha from anotha! Believe me, I know how fortunate Marvel based fans/collectors are with this one. I believe it was a simple matter of "bad timing" that spared us an MCU BAF  for an MCU based wave. Can't have a Ronan BAF. Not after generally releasing a $25 figure mere months before. There's no doubt in my mind we would've gotten Ronan as the Build-A-Figure if not for that (We may STILL get another Ronan. I'm sure he'll be in a different uniform  this go round). If that happens, I'm going to look at Sentry 459 as Hasbro's way of giving us a Fantastic Four BAF on the sly.

6 minutes ago, Rukkdeez said:

BULLSEYE! 

Shoulda known if ANYBODY was gonna know what I was thinking, it would be my brotha from anotha! Believe me, I know how fortunate Marvel based fans/collectors are with this one. I believe it was a simple matter of "bad timing" that spared us an MCU BAF  for an MCU based wave. Can't have a Ronan BAF. Not after generally releasing a $25 figure mere months before. There's no doubt in my mind we would've gotten Ronan as the Build-A-Figure if not for that (We may STILL get another Ronan. I'm sure he'll be in a different uniform  this go round). If that happens, I'm going to look at Sentry 459 as Hasbro's way of giving us a Fantastic Four BAF on the sly.

The thing is I see them releasing comic ronan on the colossus build in this wave or as a 2pack with mar-vell

1 hour ago, tarot said:

I think they are taking a modern version of it or a version from one of the games.

What's so hard bout knocking out the more classic version 1st of a character & then if they wanna release alternate versions based on MCU/video games, then have at it. It's like that Man bun Herc, they do a version that's been out what, a couple of yrs over the 2 more classic iconic versions he's known for. Same for that living Laser, looks more like a vide game character & doesn't go with other villains that he's teamed up with that have been  done in their  classic versions. 

Living Laser 1.jpg

1 hour ago, Gmen4ever said:

What's so hard bout knocking out the more classic version 1st of a character & then if they wanna release alternate versions based on MCU/video games, then have at it. It's like that Man bun Herc, they do a version that's been out what, a couple of yrs over the 2 more classic iconic versions he's known for. Same for that living Laser, looks more like a vide game character & doesn't go with other villains that he's teamed up with that have been  done in their  classic versions. 

Living Laser 1.jpg

One thing we, as collectors CANNOT do...is complain about which version of a character we get. Whether or not it's a classic or modern. Why? For the same reasons we get the likes of Kamala Khan after only being in the Marvel U for little over a year! Because there are fans that want modern versions of characters (or new) every bit as much as there are fans who want classic. Amazing how the go to word (not from you) always seems to be "no one asked for that figure" just because it isn't what THAT person wanted. Like what THEY want is universally agreed upon. We still have Hasbro beat 2 to 1: They keep pumpin' em out, while we keep complaining... and collecting.