What New Marvel Legends Might We See Revealed This Weekend At The Unboxing Convention???

JayC

3 minutes ago, Rukkdeez said:

One thing we, as collectors CANNOT do...is complain about which version of a character we get. Whether or not it's a classic or modern. Why? For the same reasons we get the likes of Kamala Khan after only being in the Marvel U for little over a year! Because there are fans that want modern versions of characters (or new) every bit as much as there are fans who want classic. Amazing how the go to word (not from you) always seems to be "no one asked for that figure" just because it isn't what THAT person wanted. Like what THEY want is universally agreed upon. We still have Hasbro beat 2 to 1: They keep pumpin' em out, while we keep complaining... and collecting.

Problem is, characters like Kamala Khan will probably not be around a few yrs from now,  and characters like Hercules will be. And like I said, I got no issues with them making the flavor  of the month or new  "hot" character of the yr but what's so hard about making the more iconic version 1st then make all the variant versions you want afterwards? I know that Herc fans were not clamoring for "Man bun" Herc over his classic 1st app or 80s version, but what do we get? His modern version 1st.  I just hope they plan on making Herc again in his more iconic looks in the near future & that this version is not the only one we're ever gonna get. It's like that with Thor, a re-do of his classic version is highly in demand & they keep throwing out MCU & modern versions. Ironman falls in that category as well. A classic Bronze age version is long over due, not the 100th & umpteenth MCU/modern version.

3 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Problem is, characters like Kamala Khan will probably not be around a few yrs from now,  and characters like Hercules will be. 

I'm sure people would've said the same thing about the Young Avengers, who have been around for over a decade at this point. There's nothing to indicate Kamala will be gone in a few years.

I know that Herc fans were not clamoring for "Man bun" Herc over his classic 1st app or 80s version, but what do we get? His modern version 1st. 

They actually did a classic Herc a long while back.

40 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

I'm sure people would've said the same thing about the Young Avengers, who have been around for over a decade at this point. There's nothing to indicate Kamala will be gone in a few years.

That actually could be said about any character not just the new guys. I mean before gotg came out  no one would be asking for any of those.

2 hours ago, watanabefan said:

Classic Herc? Oh you mean "Burger king" on steroids.  That's was an awful try by Hasbro back then with Herc.  

1 minute ago, Gmen4ever said:

You talking bout the modern version? If so, yeah, from the waist up he looks great asides from the man bun. Just not the version I think most of us Herc fans were hoping for.

I was actually talking about the older one but Yeah. I actually asked it in this Ideal Wave - https://nearcompleteset.com/2017/06/30/ideal-waves-thor-wave-version-1/

It actually scary how I have actually pick quite a few figures that have been announced. I also predicted King Cobra in that Ideal wave (though it was released in another wave)

Not only that but:

I'm actually convinced that Hasbro is reading my site and using these Ideal wave as a start of their planning and doing their own spin.

49 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Classic Herc? Oh you mean "Burger king" on steroids.  That's was an awful try by Hasbro back then with Herc.  

That's not really the discussion though. The claim was that they made modern Herc before the classic, which is false. Aside . from the sheer relevance it also makes sense from Hasbro's POV; when you're dealing with a C-tier character like Hercules who isn't likely to get a bunch of figures, there's no point in just doing the same costume again and again. 

That's the case for a lot of the characters in the line around that same general level of popularity: Adam Warlock, Captain Britain, ect.

2 hours ago, watanabefan said:

That's not really the discussion though. The claim was that they made modern Herc before the classic, which is false. Aside . from the sheer relevance it also makes sense from Hasbro's POV; when you're dealing with a C-tier character like Hercules who isn't likely to get a bunch of figures, there's no point in just doing the same costume again and again. 

That's the case for a lot of the characters in the line around that same general level of popularity: Adam Warlock, Captain Britain, ect.

When the 1st attempt at Herc comes out looking like BK on roids, then yeah, you re-do the fig, especially when Hasbro has proven that they can outdo everything TB did.  And again, if it's a C-list character as you say, & you might just do him/her once, then common sense dictates you do that character in their most iconic/recognizable costume, not the flavor of the month  look.

2 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

When the 1st attempt at Herc comes out looking like BK on roids, then yeah, you re-do the fig, especially when Hasbro has proven that they can outdo everything TB did.  And again, if it's a C-list character as you say, & you might just do him/her once, then common sense dictates you do that character in their most iconic/recognizable costume, not the flavor of the month  look.

Whose "common sense"? That is subjective (as this discussion proves).

Hasbro could have easily used the Sentinel buck to have done an in scale & accurate Kree Sentry & packaged him in with a classic 1st app Ms Marvel just like they did Wolvy in the "DOFP" boxset. This custom done like 8 yrs ago is 100% better and more comic accurate than the Mashers toy they gave us. I really don't see that wave that this is coming in be a great seller. Is it gonna be mostly MCU based & feature that Sentry? I can see people just buying the figs & selling off the BAF parts. This is what Hasbro should have done. Missed opportunity on making a very much  in demand large comic character done right. The playschool look & proportions just make it look totally out of whack with the ML line.

kree sentry custom 1.jpg

kree sentry custom 2.jpg

15 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Hasbro could have easily used the Sentinel buck to have done an in scale & accurate Kree Sentry & packaged him in with a classic 1st app Ms Marvel just like they did Wolvy in the "DOFP" boxset. This custom done like 8 yrs ago is 100% better and more comic accurate than the Mashers toy they gave us. I really don't see that wave that this is coming in be a great seller. Is it gonna be mostly MCU based & feature that Sentry? I can see people just buying the figs & selling off the BAF parts. This is what Hasbro should have done. Missed opportunity on making a very much  in demand large comic character done right. The playschool look & proportions just make it look totally out of whack with the ML line.

kree sentry custom 1.jpg

kree sentry custom 2.jpg

But they didn't. Look we know what you are saying but that is not how the industry works. The whole official height that Marvel are using should never, and I mean NEVER!!, be for arguments about toy (or even comics and other industries for that matter) because artist change it to their liking ALL THE TIME. Just like the Sentry who has been drawn differently depending on the artist. This just a modern version of it.

oh and this whole "They should have done the classic version instead" is another argument that is stupid. Hasbro is a business. They need to sell stuff that is in the now. Not stuff from forty to sixty years ago. That how they sell toys. And those toys could get a person to look at the comics which will allow the comic to last longer and create more wants for that person. 

I hate to do this but as a MOD i have to give you an unofficial warning. You have been on these forums for less then a month and have tried for force your opinions down on people which is never acceptable in any situation. You are entitled to your own opinion but no more of this "You are wrong" stuff (not in those word but it what you are essentially saying). Look at the other person version and accept that other may not agree with you. Respect other please. That all we are asking.

23 hours ago, Rukkdeez said:

One thing we, as collectors CANNOT do...is complain about which version of a character we get. Whether or not it's a classic or modern. Why? For the same reasons we get the likes of Kamala Khan after only being in the Marvel U for little over a year! Because there are fans that want modern versions of characters (or new) every bit as much as there are fans who want classic. Amazing how the go to word (not from you) always seems to be "no one asked for that figure" just because it isn't what THAT person wanted. Like what THEY want is universally agreed upon. We still have Hasbro beat 2 to 1: They keep pumpin' em out, while we keep complaining... and collecting.

Way I see it is we get at least one good version, any version of any character first & then we start focusing on specific time reference. Most of these characters change their looks as often as the books they belong to change their production teams, which as we know, is A LOT. Every artist or writer wants their own take on each character. Getting all the characters during a specific era would be damn near impossible. Trying to get everyone's favorite version of each character is like herding cats. At the end of the day you just gotta pick one and make it happen. Example: I'd been wanting a Dazzler figure for so long ever since my introduction to her during the Silvestry period in X-Men, so naturally my most iconic view of her is in her blue leotard, with or without the crop top and/or leather bomber jacket, so that's immediately the figure I assumed we'd be getting. But after the initial elation I actually came to the realization that she'd been out of the spotlight for a while and the last time I saw her she'd been on A-Force and reverted back to her disco costume. Of course this is the version we got, most probably because it encapsulated both her most recent and classic appearances. Ultimately I was happy just to have one and as a bonus it was at least a partially new sculpt. So now we have a face sculpt and any number of existing body sculpts available to do that much coveted blue leotard version, jacket or sans jacket, in the future.

Take it for what it's worth. A new figure is a new figure and we can worry about specific design later. It's been hinted hard lately that we are getting a Strong Guy BAF next year, and though I would love it to be the most recent orange costume version I'm certain it will be the classic X-Factor version, which is all good. Either way, we get a damn Strong Guy.

On 8/5/2018 at 6:54 PM, tarot said:

I was actually talking about the older one but Yeah. I actually asked it in this Ideal Wave - https://nearcompleteset.com/2017/06/30/ideal-waves-thor-wave-version-1/

It actually scary how I have actually pick quite a few figures that have been announced. I also predicted King Cobra in that Ideal wave (though it was released in another wave)

Not only that but:

I'm actually convinced that Hasbro is reading my site and using these Ideal wave as a start of their planning and doing their own spin.

I've been thinking that too. I've picked quite a few over the years like Paladin, Jackal, I specifically picked that Magneto, Shuri, Nighthawk. I've been looking for my old lists