More Images For The Marvel Legends Kree Sentry, Nighthawk and Living Laser

JayC

More Images For The Marvel Legends Kree Sentry, Nighthawk and Living Laser

Jay Cochran - August 04, 2018 [ edit post ]
Thanks to Christian we have some better quality images to share with you for the new Marvel Legends reveals from the Toy Unboxing Convention. Just to recap the figures revealed include a Kree Sentry which is a Build-A-Figure as well as a comic book based Living Laser and Nighthawk figure. It is unknown what wave or waves these figures will be released in but they will be out in 2019. Likely they will be part of a new Captain Marvel and or Avengers wave. Check out the new images below.

HasbroPR-Marvel-Legends-Nighthawk-01.jpg

HasbroPR-Marvel-Legends-Kree-Sentry-01.jpg

HasbroPR-Marvel-Legends-Living-Laser-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Kree-Sentry-BAF-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Kree-Sentry-Living-Laser-Knighthawk-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Living-Laser-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Nighthawk-01.jpg

I could've sworn Nighthawk had yellow trunks to match his boots and gloves, but he didn't, so I'm glad they got this right. Although, I know his "talons" came later, when the artists were trying to "update" him. He also had gun ports in the top of the wings as well. Overall, glad theyre finishing out the classic Defenders...there was a classic Valkyrie/Hulk 2 pack a while back, and she needs the latest Marvel Legends treatment. Here's hoping they give her a scabbard this time for Dragonfang  (the last Val was just in a black body suit, no cape, and no scabbard for the sword). Oh and Living Laser looks fantastic! Why oh WHY didn't they make the Invisible Woman fully translucent??

*Rant incoming thanks to FB posts*

I just don't understand people. They asked for classic character and we get 3 brand new and classic characters. Yet people are like "Hurr we didn't ask for those" " This isn't the right size" "This isn't the right design".

why ask for classic characters if you aren't happy about them getting made?

Because they are not X-men!? Hasbro are not stupid. they'll save them for the BIG 3, not at something smaller like this (no offense to my Mexican friend, it just a smaller con.)

Because they use modern designs!? well duh, that's how they get the younger crowd to buy them. they use the stuff they are wearing in the books at the moment. It's called cross marketing. Look it up.

No asked for them? huh, I'm afraid you will see that there is a ton of people who have asked for them. Just because you didn't, doesn't mean anyone else did.

He is not the right size?! well if you actually read a comic you would see that modern versions vary in size and design.

I could go one but...................

*Rant ending*

Phew sorry just had to rant for a bit. I love what I  am seeing expecailly the Kree Sentry.

These look great but man Im glad thats one BAF I dont care about and can skip potentially a wave. Wallet is drying up with so many waves currently hitting everywhere. Its nice to be able to take a break for once. 

I know absolutely nothing about Living Laser, but I love the look of this figure... I’m a sucker for certain types of translucent figures. And, I must admit, I would absolutely pick this guy up, on the awesome look of him, alone. But, I also want to familiarize myself with the character.

B15CC7E7-15C0-41B2-90C7-FFE2B272EE43.jpeg

11 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

I know absolutely nothing about Living Laser, but I love the look of this figure... I’m a sucker for certain types of translucent figures. And, I must admit, I would absolutely pick this guy up, on the awesome look of him, alone. But, I also want to familiarize myself with the character.

B15CC7E7-15C0-41B2-90C7-FFE2B272EE43.jpeg

Looooong time Iron Man Villain. Probably in the top 10 of most haves for IM.

8 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

Living Laser looks really cool. It's making me hopeful we get some more Iron Man rogues in the future. Whiplash would be great.

350?cb=20130205133030

Agreed.

Upon further viewing of Living Laser & the Kree Sentry, I can say that LL looks like he has a thumb on his head or thimble. Kree Sentry looks too kiddyish like a Marvel Mashups type toy, 1st time Imo that Hasbro drops the ball on making a figure, guess the Kirby design was too tough for them to capture right. The proportions look all gangly/wonky on it due to it being 8' scale & not the proper 12-14 inch scale it should have been done in. I see no way he can get any elbow articulation with those giant gauntlets in the way.   Kree Sentry needed to be done with more smooth humanoid  proportions. His arms are almost as big/wide as his waist. He looks compacted due to the 8'9' scale limitation on BAFs Hasbro seems to have.  And no, Nimrod can't be done from this buck, he looks nothing like a Kree Sentry.

Kree Sentry classic version.jpg

On 8/5/2018 at 9:01 PM, Gmen4ever said:

Upon further viewing of Living Laser & the Kree Sentry, I can say that LL looks like he has a thumb on his head or thimble. Kree Sentry looks too kiddyish like a Marvel Mashups type toy, 1st time Imo that Hasbro drops the ball on making a figure, guess the Kirby design was too tough for them to capture right. The proportions look all gangly/wonky on it due to it being 8' scale & not the proper 12-14 inch scale it should have been done in. I see no way he can get any elbow articulation with those giant gauntlets in the way.   Kree Sentry needed to be done with more smooth humanoid  proportions. His arms are almost as big/wide as his waist. He looks compacted due to the 8'9' scale limitation on BAFs Hasbro seems to have.  And no, Nimrod can't be done from this buck, he looks nothing like a Kree Sentry.

Did you ever consider that it might be a movie version of the character? 

I am not excited for these releases. Specially with SDCC like 2 weeks ago and that blew my mind. But in the end that will be more frequent ow. We got used to huge reveals and great figures. Once in  awhile we will get disappointed. Maybe the res of the wave will be better. 

10 minutes ago, Itst82 said:

Did you ever consider that it might be a movie version of the character? 

it's not. Hasbro wouldn't reveal it if it was. They have to get express permission from Disney before they can even think they can reveal something that has not been revealed by Disney. Even then it's only the main characters that they would reveal. This is a comic version based on No. 457 ( I think that's the number).

On 8/5/2018 at 11:01 PM, Gmen4ever said:

Guess the Kirby design was too tough for them to capture right. 

From what I see, it's not that the Kirby design is too tough to capture, I think it has to do more with how cool an action has to look for it to sell better. The old Kirby design, while great for it's time, still looks like a "spandex costume". The contour of the character is smooth whereas the new Hasbro figure design adds depth to the design. There are ridges and texture. 

I definitely would love to see an old school version of the Free Sentry, but I understand why Hasbro went the way they did.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:17 PM, joenubb said:

From what I see, it's not that the Kirby design is too tough to capture, I think it has to do more with how cool an action has to look for it to sell better. The old Kirby design, while great for it's time, still looks like a "spandex costume". The contour of the character is smooth whereas the new Hasbro figure design adds depth to the design. There are ridges and texture. 

I definitely would love to see an old school version of the Free Sentry, but I understand why Hasbro went the way they did.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The figure they did looks like the people that were compressed after death in "Phantasm" & ended up dwarfs, that's what this fig reminds me of & not in a good way. Too marvel mashers looking.

Haha yeah I liked the post you made with the side by side shot of Kree Sentry and DP MM. Definitely some similarities there. Regardless I certainly do hope that Hasbro can get us a classic Sentry in the future. I'll be honest though since I always prefer the classic looks to modern takes on characters.

On 8/5/2018 at 10:01 PM, Gmen4ever said:

Actually, rather than the classic Sentry 459 this figures design looks more like Sentry 571, who fought with and was defeated by Iron Man. I'm probably way off but I'm hoping between this guy, Living Laser and Nighthawk (who was a member of Stark's Initiative), these reveals are eluding to a comic based Iron Man wave. Aside from the BAF, the other 2 figs are reused bucks which leaves plenty of funding for a new Iron Man and/or War Machine sculpts. Just a thought, or a pipe dream.