More Images For The Marvel Legends Kree Sentry, Nighthawk and Living Laser

JayC

If you missed it this weekend, Hasbro debuted three new 6" Marvel Legends figures at the Unboxing Toy Convention in Mexico City. The three figures will see release in 2019, though we don't yet know which wave or waves they will belong to. The three figures shown are comic book based versions of Nighthawk, Modern Living Laser and a Kree Sentry which is going to be a Build-A-Figure.

Shown below are some new images that come thanks to MarvelousNews reader Jonatan of the figures which were on display at the Hasbro booth during the convention as well as hi-res PR images released to us by Hasbro.

Expect Hasbro to reveal the next round of new Marvel Legends at the Canadian Fan Expo which takes place at the end of the month from August 30 - September 2.

MARVEL_LEGENDS_SERIES_FIGURE_-_Kree_Sentry_(BAF).jpg

MARVEL_LEGENDS_SERIES_FIGURE_-_Living_Laser.jpg

MARVEL_LEGENDS_SERIES_FIGURE_-_Nighthawk.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Daredevil-And-Elektra 0__scaled_600.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Daredevil-And-Elektra 1__scaled_600.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Daredevil-And-Elektra 2__scaled_600.jpg

Like most people are saying Kree Sentry will be the BAF for the Capt. Marv wave, since her backstory i full of the Kree.

Living Laser and Nighthawk are a bit harder as the could be for the Avengers wave and CapMarv wave. Nighthawk is more an Avengers character so im guess he is in Avengers. But Living Laser could be slotted into either of them as he is a villain who has fought pretty much anyone.

Actually Nighthawk is from the Defenders, not the Avengers, but I don't know of any real relation he would have to the original Kree Sentry or the Living Laser. I'd expect to see Captain Marvel (original white & green outfit, or 70s updated red & blue "cosmic" version) with this wave but you never know. The waves don't always follow a "pattern" (Hit Monkey wave is a prime example of how they can slide in all kinds of characters that don't necessarily relate). But I'm glad theyre releasing Nighthawk; I don't see his belt but since it was the same color as the torso/leggings I guess they didn't feel it was relevant. Also glad they got his chest symbol right! Now they just need to do Valkyrie, update Dr. Strange in his blue tunic and the classic 70s Defenders roster will be complete!

3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Actually Nighthawk is from the Defenders, not the Avengers, but I don't know of any real relation he would have to the original Kree Sentry or the Living Laser. I'd expect to see Captain Marvel (original white & green outfit, or 70s updated red & blue "cosmic" version) with this wave but you never know. The waves don't always follow a "pattern" (Hit Monkey wave is a prime example of how they can slide in all kinds of characters that don't necessarily relate). But I'm glad theyre releasing Nighthawk; I don't see his belt but since it was the same color as the torso/leggings I guess they didn't feel it was relevant. Also glad they got his chest symbol right! Now they just need to do Valkyrie, update Dr. Strange in his blue tunic and the classic 70s Defenders roster will be complete!

The Hit Monkey wave was during the "Return of Marvel Legends" phase where all the franchises were still mixed up, before MCU figures took the forefront. All waves during that time were characters from every corner and every alternate universe in the Marvel Universe, so it's really irrelevant to today's ML and most of the figures in those waves are already in need of an update. Most of me would like to see that format come back, but in all honesty the biggest driving force behind the continuation of ML is for the movie tie-in product, so it's a necessary evil we have to deal with. That's why I'm such a huge proponent of making all movie based waves all MCU figures and all in between waves all comic based. Nine waves a year could result in possibly 4 Movie waves a year and 5 comic waves. Personally I would skip the MCU waves altogether as I'm sure all the actor figure collectors would do the exact opposite.

That being said, I'm hoping Nighthawk is leading to a Defenders wave as that yearly outlier wave (ala the Venom wave & the Netflix wave before that) and we maf finally get that updated Hulk figure we most desperately need (meaning freakin' ankle pivot) and the Living Lazer indictates an all comic Iron Man wave as his movie arc has ended but he's still very relevant in the overall Marvel Universe. Additionally I also believe the Kree sentry will be the BAF for the Captain Marvel wave for the sheer limited availability of MCU characters to that new movie franchise. And just as a side note, I must disagree with my brother Rukdeez in another post where he misidentified this Sentry as 459. This Sentry is clearly 571 who was ultimately defeated by who (drumroll please).........Iron Man. Could this possibly be a curve ball and this is the BAF for the afore mentioned Iron Man wave. Time will tell, people. This next year looks to be a doozy for us ML collectors.

5 minutes ago, monron999 said:

The Hit Monkey wave was during the "Return of Marvel Legends" phase where all the franchises were still mixed up, before MCU figures took the forefront. All waves during that time were characters from every corner and every alternate universe in the Marvel Universe, so it's really irrelevant to today's ML and most of the figures in those waves are already in need of an update. Most of me would like to see that format come back, but in all honesty the biggest driving force behind the continuation of ML is for the movie tie-in product, so it's a necessary evil we have to deal with. That's why I'm such a huge proponent of making all movie based waves all MCU figures and all in between waves all comic based. Nine waves a year could result in possibly 4 Movie waves a year and 5 comic waves. Personally I would skip the MCU waves altogether as I'm sure all the actor figure collectors would do the exact opposite.

That being said, I'm hoping Nighthawk is leading to a Defenders wave as that yearly outlier wave (ala the Venom wave & the Netflix wave before that) and we maf finally get that updated Hulk figure we most desperately need (meaning freakin' ankle pivot) and the Living Lazer indictates an all comic Iron Man wave as his movie arc has ended but he's still very relevant in the overall Marvel Universe. Additionally I also believe the Kree sentry will be the BAF for the Captain Marvel wave for the sheer limited availability of MCU characters to that new movie franchise. And just as a side note, I must disagree with my brother Rukdeez in another post where he misidentified this Sentry as 459. This Sentry is clearly 571 who was ultimately defeated by who (drumroll please).........Iron Man. Could this possibly be a curve ball and this is the BAF for the afore mentioned Iron Man wave. Time will tell, people. This next year looks to be a doozy for us ML collectors.

I think most people (including yourself) know that if it wasn't for MCU we wouldn't have any legends. however I have to disagree with you about mixing the waves as I feel that it would help certain collectors like Spidey collectors could just get the Spideys and a spidey based baf instead of getting one figure from a mixture wave and having to get  figure that they don't want if the BAF is spider based. 

I also disagree with about the MCU Sole waves as that would actually lead store to only ordering the MCU waves. They don't care for comic figure they just want the latest movie for profit. A mixture wave is just something safer for the line to continue. sad but through.

but a defenders wave would be really nice. However I think that it might be better for it to be another Netflix wave that allows classic Defenders in it. something like.

• MCU Iron Fist (In costume hopefully)
  • MCU Colleen Wing
  • Nighthawk
  • Dr. Spectrum
  • Lady Bullseye
  • Gladiator
  • BAF: Gargoyle (as much as I would love a bigger hulk, because of his avengers statu, he won't be outside an avengers wave)

The Vance Astro fig can easily be repainted as a Doc Spectrum & throw the alternate masked Cap Universe head sculpt repainted along with a hand holding the power prism & you got the 4th member of the Squadron.  With Namor, Surfer & Nighthawk, just missing a new comic based Hulk & Blue tunic Doc Strange & properly scaled Valkrie & original Defenders are done.

4 hours ago, tarot said:

I think most people (including yourself) know that if it wasn't for MCU we wouldn't have any legends. however I have to disagree with you about mixing the waves as I feel that it would help certain collectors like Spidey collectors could just get the Spideys and a spidey based baf instead of getting one figure from a mixture wave and having to get  figure that they don't want if the BAF is spider based. 

I also disagree with about the MCU Sole waves as that would actually lead store to only ordering the MCU waves. They don't care for comic figure they just want the latest movie for profit. A mixture wave is just something safer for the line to continue. sad but through.

You can't really believe that's true. Mixing the waves has been a dirty trick the MCU pushers have been using for years. How many of us have had to buy a buncha BS MCU Caps and Iron Man repeats in the past to get the BAFs that we want. It's a process they've made you make yourself accustomed to. Everyone knows (you included) the MCU figures sell almost as well as the comic figures right outta the gate, but as soon as the new wears out they sour like grapes on a vine. Why not flip the script every once in a while. Throw a few MCU into a wave with Avengers & X-Men & Fantastic Four, let's see what happens. We all know what will happen. All the new, fresh, unseen characters will fly off the shelves & Cap will collect dust until he gets thrown into Bottom Bin Hell at clearance price where some customizer will buy him for fodder or some last minute cheapskate birthday buyer throws down $5 for a toy and a card for his 2nd cousins friends 3rd nephew where his hot aunt will be waiting to get hit on.

Similarly, you know the big box stores will not pass on the comic waves in favor of the movie waves for two reasons, and they're both based on pure numbers. First, they will look at the sales numbers of ML as a whole versus other top toy lines and see they have a winner and second, if they're good business people, they can see that ALL (let's not fool ourselves) comic based waves outsell Movie based waves. No one in their right mind would sacrifice overall sales for the simple factor of movie product.

4 minutes ago, mako said:

No. Nobody does. What you have is a very vocal minority who think since THEY don't like MCU figures, NOBODY likes MCU figures. That's not to say everyone is like that. I like to think most people who don't like them realize there are those that do and accept it. Then you have the other guys.

Like 'em or not, its all good. Just don't presume to speak for everyone else.

exactly. I have no preference for what figures they are. I may grip about them making a MCU version before they make a comic version (like for example mantis and yondu) but at the end of the a figure is a figure. some of them of them are actually better then the comic version. I collect toys because it's fun but some people take this hobby waaaaaayyyyy

5 hours ago, tarot said:

exactly. I have no preference for what figures they are. I may grip about them making a MCU version before they make a comic version (like for example mantis and yondu) but at the end of the a figure is a figure. some of them of them are actually better then the comic version. I collect toys because it's fun but some people take this hobby waaaaaayyyyy

Some cases it doesn't matter if it is an MCU version, since Marvel love to take stuff from the mCU and put it into the comics.

Also with Living Laser appearing, hopefully it will lead to more Iron Man foes, like Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man

On 8/7/2018 at 7:57 PM, mako said:

No. Nobody does. What you have is a very vocal minority who think since THEY don't like MCU figures, NOBODY likes MCU figures. That's not to say everyone is like that. I like to think most people who don't like them realize there are those that do and accept it. Then you have the other guys.

Like 'em or not, its all good. Just don't presume to speak for everyone else.

Exactly, no one does, which is precisely the reason I don't believe WMart or any other store will be able to determine to only carry only movie based waves, even if they wanted to. And for the record, once again, I'm not a hater of movie product I'm just a hater of the redundancy of the characters that are chosen, especially ones who've seen multiple figs over ones that haven't even been produced or received a second figure. Now they dominate most waves and very rarely do they contain anything new other than cosplay changes & not much else. I mean, the last version of Cap didn't even have 2 of those weirdo wacky shields like in the movie.

So no, I don't have the actual numbers to back up my claims and I doubt they even exist on an entire scale in regards to the overall numbers of ML, but what I do have is some level of product management & purchasing (tho my area of expertise was in shoe buying), and my eyes, and a camera, and dozens (if not hundreds) of photos from stores all throughout the Midwest and East Coast to back up my claim. Admittedly, unlike most of my tax dollars, I do not make it to the West Coast very often and I've even conceded to most of the "that's not what I see in my area" guys that it may very well not be the case where they live. I can only attest to where I live and the places I travel to, which I will assume is more than most due to the nature of my work.

I have posted those pictures time and again in response to everyone whose calling me out about it right now. What I haven't seen is any response to my challenge to those same people to post their own picks to dispute mine. Nothing but crickets till the next time I have something remotely negative to say about the beloved MCU. What I'm saying is not some random BS. I'm not just a fan, I'm also a fairly successful businessman and I've pulled a sample base from a large area that would make most scientists and researchers envious and posted them ad nauseam, again only to crickets from everyone telling me I'M WRONG. See, I've put my evidence where my mouth is & now I'm ready to put my money where my mouth is cuz nobody to this point has been willing or able to dispute me yet.

I happen to have an extra MCU Ronan figure MIB on hand and will reward it to ANYONE who can post pictures of at least 3 or more stores from their area clearly showing that the MCU are figures outselling comic figures in any wave. We'll let the forum community make the decision. Five "yays" wins it, five "nays" douses it. And I'm not opposed to more than one winner. I do have a few stipulations, though. There must be 10 or more figures on the shelf. The area cannot be staged but the figures can be rearranged on the shelves where all figures are identifiable on the pegs. It must be clear that these pictures are taken in at least 3 different stores whether it shows different media on the walls or shelves or the ML are next to different displays in different stores. I know that sounds kinda restrictive, but if you refer to any of the pictures I've posted in the past, that's the way I do it myself as to ensure authenticity. But hey, from what I've been told, this should be easy, right. Way I hear there's just tons of comic based product clogging up the shelves while MCU is just flying off the shelves. The gauntlet has been cast. Any takers?

BTW, If you're not in the market for that Ronan figure maybe we can work out a deal for a product of equal value. I've got tons of product. If you're able to actually pull this off I just might be impressed enough to let go of something even more valuable. At the very least you get to prove me wrong, instead of just telling me I'm wrong. What harm can it do? Everyone's got a phone right? Also, one last restriction. I must limit the participants to the America's. I'm sorry, but I've been through the entire shipping ringer enough to know better. Besides, from what I'm able to ascertain, most of the people calling me out are here in the states anyway.

PS. Tarot, I hope you don't take this as another MCU vs Comic debate, cuz it's not. It's a challenge to all those who continually dismiss my observations with nothing more than words, personal opinions, and personal preferences. Now's the chance to put up or....well you know the rest.

post-21367-0-09304100-1513688203.jpg

post-21367-0-41885300-1513572596.jpg

post-21367-0-78600200-1513353966.jpg

5 hours ago, mako said:

To repeat, Monron has offered an MCU figure he bought at least two of, for proof that MCU figures DO in fact sell.

Wow.

Lol. Yes I do buy the MCU figures. The ones I want and the ones that should been done a looooong time ago. I bought the second as a give away and this is just as good a place to do it as any. It's a damn shame the Yellowjacket wasn't sold as a single card.

• 1 year later...
On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 4:57 PM, Gmen4ever said:

"....  With Namor, Surfer & Nighthawk, just missing a new comic based Hulk & Blue tunic Doc Strange & properly scaled Valkrie & original Defenders are done".

Great! Now we have the Hulk, all we need is proper blue tunic Dr. Strange and a new Valkyrie, and the Defenders are done.

On 6/22/2020 at 7:46 AM, tarot said:

you forgot hellcat.

I totally did. Maybe 'cause I never liked her. And really got mad back when they were doing the "50 States" covers for Avengers and gave her Alaska!! WTF....she's not from here. Cyclops is. We got Hellcat?? Some ditz who was running around with the Avengers and just stumbled upon a super-powered cat suit....ugh...BUT when youre right, youre right!

7 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I totally did. Maybe 'cause I never liked her. And really got mad back when they were doing the "50 States" covers for Avengers and gave her Alaska!! WTF....she's not from here. Cyclops is. We got Hellcat?? Some ditz who was running around with the Avengers and just stumbled upon a super-powered cat suit....ugh...BUT when youre right, youre right!

sur defx.jpg

there you go. That's the 7 core defenders.

4 hours ago, tarot said:

there you go. That's the 7 core defenders.

I know it's an unpopular opinion but I still have no problem with the comic Valkyrie we currently have, I know there is quite a few things that could be fixed but I like the figure. but I'm really confused as to why we still don't have a classic Dr. Strange, that baffles me, they really should have had him in the Dr. Strange movie wave instead of that comic marvel now strange.. which was just mean to collectors because they already gave it to us without a cape (which the hulkbuster wave should of just had a cape) cheapo! , also I mean really most of that dr. strange wave was odd choices (enchantress? (should have been movie ancient one, nico? should have been clea or wong , iron fist? should have been Movie kaecilus or comic Mordo, astral..should have been i dunno, any other actual strange character), a classic strange should have been there, I guess they are waiting for the second strange movie.. I think its rough to wait that long... and we don't even have a comic Mordo, Clea, Ancient One..etc man they have done Dr. Strange dirty

14 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

enchantress? (should have been movie ancient one, nico? should have been clea or wong , iron fist? should have been Movie kaecilus or comic Mordo, astral..should have been i dunno, any other actual strange character

Going to be one of those guys but they weren't weird choices. according to "The Mysterious World of Doctor Strange" (https://www.amazon.com/Mysterious-World-Doctor-Strange/dp/1465455574/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=dk+marvel+strange&qid=1592860975&sr=8-2") Enchantress is considered on of his most recurring villains. Nico is again obviously being a magic user. And Iron Fist is a mystic character as he comes from a Mystic city.

2 hours ago, tarot said:

Going to be one of those guys but they weren't weird choices. according to "The Mysterious World of Doctor Strange" (https://www.amazon.com/Mysterious-World-Doctor-Strange/dp/1465455574/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=dk+marvel+strange&qid=1592860975&sr=8-2") Enchantress is considered on of his most recurring villains. Nico is again obviously being a magic user. And Iron Fist is a mystic character as he comes from a Mystic city.

Fair enough, I mean I understand that enchantress was very much a part of Strange's mythos, and Nico being a magic user, and IF i get where the idea to include them came from, but like I was saying I just felt that wave could have been better put together.. like I said to omit such characters as classic strange, comic mordo, clea, mcu kaecilus, comic or mcu ancient one, come or mcu wong.. and for those mentioned characters seemed weird..and I think its still odder choices then the obvious , especially considering that the characters they omitted don't really have much of a more suitable place to be released (except enchantress who would be better imo in a thor wave)

those are just my thoughts, I get what yer saying no question, just thought we kinda got a bit of a off hand with that wave

and I love Nico, Enchantress and Iron Fist figs.. hell I even love that MCU astral strange, just thought we should have actually gotten more Dr. Strange oriented figures