Outsiders

'Silver & Black' Halted As Sony & Marvel Move In A New Direction

Marvel and Sony have decided to move in a new direction and it doesn't involve the 'Silver & Black' project, which revolve around Silver Sable, the boss of a war criminal bounty org, and burglar Black Cat. The studios have decided to split this project up into two separate movies with the first title will likely be Black Cat.

With this change going forward, Gina Prince-Bythewood, the writer and director of Silver & Black is expected to depart, but still produce the separate films.  Another female director will be hired with Prince-Bythewood leaves.  Sony has access to 900 Marvel characters, and its intent is to grow into more franchises.

Sony Marvel projects currently underway are Daniel Espinosa-helming Morbius with Jared Leto starring as the lead vampire and Spider-Man villain, plus projects like Silk, Jackpot and Nightwatch with the studio looking to hire screenwriters for those titles.

Source: Deadline via Variety

Silver-Sable-Black-Cat.jpg

14 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Waste of time doing these characters. Straight to dvd is their best bet.

Gonna have to agree here....Marvel has so many other more compelling characters to choose from, and Black Cat is just (to me) Catwoman with platinum blond hair. Silver Sable never grabbed me. My biggest concern is that they (Marvel Studios/Sony) will forget its about the story and character development, and just go with "hey we can do whatever we want with the more obscure characters". Good decision.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Sponsors

• Topics

• Lol, you cats are going way back. I do have that Rogue and that Caliban and I cherish them both.  To be clear, I'm not a hater of Caliban in any way. He's just what I consider a "floater" in the entire Marvel Universe. There's just nothing solid or concrete about him. They've never really given him much of a back story. No one still really knows what his powers are. His size varies ridiculously. I know many characters' size really depends on the artist but after his initial power boost he was roughly about the size of Sabretooth but now, with no apparent change to his story or power set, other than temporary powers while serving as a horseman, he's suddenly a Hulk size character with still fairly unformidable abilities. If he'd been a single card figure in correct scale I woulda been super happy about it but this was a poor choice of character and inaccurate representation as a BAF. Especially since this figure seems to be based on his classic appearance wearing his original red & white uniform instead of his more modern appearance where his portrayed as much larger. If your gonna go for specific time sensitive looks of character at least get the stats correct.
    • Totally not dissing Power Slammers Rogue! I loved that thing! I've actually been trying to buy a Spat and Grovel fig off ebay. I'd like to think they (Spat especially) can fit in with Legends (?) Anyways to try to go back on topic, I'm really not a fan of the darker furs on Beast especially on his hands.
    • You can't diss Power Slammers Rogue, dude...it's like mugging the Pope! She's wearing purple!!! Like Prince!!!! And the butt on that figure too. Lordy! No wonder Gambit and Joseph were killing themselves over her... I was drooling for this figure for a full year, and it is a beautiful figure...just don't ever open it. If you did, you'd find it's 'kid friendly' (e.g. two points of limited articulation)...ol' Toy Biz had gigged the left arm and waist to flop around and be completely unposeable and put poor Rogue in one of the most awkward poses ever (second only to 7" high Onslaught Jean Grey) Plus, did no-one think: Rogue is super, superstrong and can fly - why does she need a football throwing machine to take down Magneto?  In case he brings his mutant dog? I think this wave (with an equally nutso spacesuit Gambit) pissed collectors off so much, Biz finally listened and moved away from the terrible gimmicks (spaceships, dinosaurs, um...squirting and shooting stuff) to a whole new realm of pure awesomeness: All-New X-Men box set, still unbeaten versions of Bishop and Shard, and loads of other cool X-Men, a Classic Avengers box, New Mutants, Most Wanted, Marvel Vs Capcom...and a whole slew of better, common scale, ball jointed, comic accurate figures. Some crazy character choices (man, were people pissed about Stegron), and some anomalies (Avengers got just four carded figures in about two years...cos back then no-one cared about the Avengers at all...toys or comics). Anyhoo, all that sowed the seeds for the Golden Age of Toy Biz Marvel Legends! Happy Days....anyone else miss the safer, saner mid to late 1990's? And, who's joining my campaign to lobby Hasbro for a new Spat & Grovel for 2020? It could happen! They did Spider-Ham, didn't they? 
    • On one hand I'm impressed. On the other, I kind of wish Hasbro had included recolored Venom hands. Every image I can find on Google, that face, he has long thing fingers with claw like nails. The Kingpin hands fit more with a skin tone face that isn't showing those teeth/fangs/razor blades or impaling food or whatever you want to call them.
    • Would they include Archangel with this wave though? Hasbro went out of its way to make a new "Deluxe" wave all on its own to release that new Archangel. I suppose this new Archangel could just be that figure with repainted black and silver X-Force color-scheme without the additional heads but would normally cheap-o Hasbro think that's tenable? Could they even fit *that* Archangel into the vintage card stock? I'm actually hoping for classic X-Force members (think Liefeld-era...without the funny proportions) and I'm wishing for a non-vintage wave. I think it'd be a waste to not get a BAF piece for essentially the same price point.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE