Predictions for Fan Expo Canada

monron999

The next scheduled reveals for ML are coming up in the USA's attic (some know it as Canada) on August 30, and I'm very intrigued as to what to expect and what everyone else might be expecting.

Needless to say, the Unboxing Con reveals were just a tad underwhelming, I think we can all agree, though I did love that version of LL and I'd been wanting a Nighthawk ever since the pleasantly surprising MU version. However, I've got higher hopes for this one as typically reveals done in Canada most often involve Canadian characters and after the good ole US of A, they do have the most interesting characters. This reveal will most likely be the most well received after the SDCC & NYCC so let's get some rumblings started.

I have three particular predictions that, for some reason, seem to be quite strong in my mind right now:

1. There will be some sort of Alpha Flight box set, whether that may be an entire team or a two pack (Northstar & Aurora would be my guess).

2. The Wolverine for next year's X-Men wave will be unveiled. My heart says an updated X-Force Wolvie but my brain says a First Appearance Wolvie makes more sense.

3. WEN-DI-GOOOO! Size accurate (meaning taller than Juggernaut) with swappable white Sasquatch head and (somehow) removable tail.

I got a million more but as the last reveals were pretty scant, I don't wanna build it up too much.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

My brotha from anotha! I saw your post regarding a possible boxset including a Sasquatch reissue as well as a Snowbird version of Sasquatch (or Tanaraq). They could just simply combine both suggestions. Afterall, their reissues are always repainted. That's the ultimate repaint right there and it would technically be (2) other characters. 

As for your Wendigo suggestion (Yesss), I was going to disagree with you because the Juggernaut BAF was at 1st too tall (Now that Marvel has gone back to a variation of the classic costume, it's now in proper scale). At 9'7, this makes Wendy 2" taller that Juggy so you're right there. However, NOW the problem is Sasquatch is supposed to be taller than the Wendigo (and they're both supposed to be taller than the Hulk who tops out at 8', and were definitely waaay bigger back before Hulk's height became variable and he was "stuck" at 7')) 'Squatch is taller than even current Juggy but that isn't reflected with his BAF. If Wendigo comes to pass, let's hope it's classic Wendy and not the gangly versions that have appeared in recent years. Having said all that, since this is what we're hoping for, that can only mean we're getting Squirrel Girl.

Sweet googly moogly! We are indeed getting a Wendigo! Looks like an amalgam of the gangly and classic though. It IS a mock up so who knows what final product will look like. I'm glad because I know an update to the comic Hulk has to be on the horizon and all his larger foes needed updates to be in scale with him. Rhino, Abomination and the Juggernaut are all taken care of. Wendigo was the only one left.

Here here!

So...

Mystique is Walgreens, Weapon X is in the next X-Men Wave (I guess), Guardian is going to be in of the Avengers Waves (I guess) but...Wendigo I’m not so sure of. I personally think it would be odd to have him be the BAF for the X-Men Wave or an Avengers Wave so maybe Deadpool Wave 3? Maybe a boxed release by itself as an exclusive?

Regardless, I am really surprised that they passed up showing a Northstar & Aurora lol. Besides that, I’m completely fine with the reveals but the ONLY thing I wanted to see was MORE F4 figs... I love that Walgreens is doing a themed program now but since that program has now changed to X-Men for the next 18 months, we aren’t getting any more F4 figures I suppose and that makes me a very sad panda. I mean they did sneak in that Medusa during the F4 program so they could technically release whatever they want but I would LOVE to see another retailer go all in on themed exclusives. You want X-Men exclusives?-then go to Walgreens. You want F4 figs?-then go to Target. You want Spidey exclusives?-then go to Gamestop, etc etc. Of course, if every retailer got a theme (which again, I think would be great), that shouldn’t preclude them from getting all sorts of other box sets/exclusives on an annual basis just like we currently have/receive.

8 hours ago, watanabefan said:

I'd say maybe they passed up Northstar because they don't wanna upset the One Million Moms crowd, but they already did Shatterstar rather recently, so that's probably not the reason. Seriously, what's the hold up? New head on the Sunfire body and bam, you're good to go.

I seriously doubt it was because of that. If it was Hasbro would be attack by SJW to hell. Also most people don't even know who he is, so I highly doubt they would know that he is the first openly gay (and married) character. 

8 hours ago, Rukkdeez said:

Cobra...DEFINITELY Deadpool wave 3! Wendigo is Canadian so it makes sense. I still believe we're getting Super Skrull from Walgreens before the conversion occurs.

I think now that Disney has Fox, Hasbro decided to not to release it by Walgreen but instead put him in the Captain Marvel waver.

3 hours ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

Here here!

So...

Mystique is Walgreens, Weapon X is in the next X-Men Wave (I guess), Guardian is going to be in of the Avengers Waves (I guess) but...Wendigo I’m not so sure of. I personally think it would be odd to have him be the BAF for the X-Men Wave or an Avengers Wave so maybe Deadpool Wave 3? Maybe a boxed release by itself as an exclusive?

Regardless, I am really surprised that they passed up showing a Northstar & Aurora lol. Besides that, I’m completely fine with the reveals but the ONLY thing I wanted to see was MORE F4 figs... I love that Walgreens is doing a themed program now but since that program has now changed to X-Men for the next 18 months, we aren’t getting any more F4 figures I suppose and that makes me a very sad panda. I mean they did sneak in that Medusa during the F4 program so they could technically release whatever they want but I would LOVE to see another retailer go all in on themed exclusives. You want X-Men exclusives?-then go to Walgreens. You want F4 figs?-then go to Target. You want Spidey exclusives?-then go to Gamestop, etc etc. Of course, if every retailer got a theme (which again, I think would be great), that shouldn’t preclude them from getting all sorts of other box sets/exclusives on an annual basis just like we currently have/receive.

The F4 program is likely finished. Once they get Doctor Doom (who is rumored to be coming), they've pretty much tapped out all of the FF characters you could reasonably expect to sell in a mainstream retail environment like Walgreens.

IIRC, a year or two ago, the Hasbro team at SDCC mentioned part of the reason the FF figures were Walgreens exclusives at all was because their lack of mainstream prominence the last few years (No TV shows, no video games, no movies other than that 2015 train wreck nobody saw) made it an actual dedicated FF Legends wave a tough sell to most retailers.

Actually, I'm thinking both Wedigo and Guardian are most likely from the next Deadpool wave, which without a movie next year, will probably only get one wave. So Walgreens' exclusives turning to boost up X-Men numbers is a good thing. Of course Wolverine will be the anchor for the next X-Men wave. It strikes me funny how easily they pass a pretty much naked guy with a cell phone covering his junk through the powers that be, yet we can't get female characters with bare legs anymore. As anti-SJW as I am, I could construe that as sexism myself.

Mystique looks good, but I woulda preferred the use the little used Dark Phoenix/Psylocke buck rather than the too often used Kate Bishop buck. She's always just seemed to be a bit more "leggy" to me.

With the recent reveal of Herc, the redo of Silver Surfer and pretty much every reveal from this Con it seems Hasbro has come full circle and is beginning to right all the horrible wrongs done during the Dark Days. That being said, I hope that means a big future announcement of a Fantastic 4 wave. We did (finally) get a near perfect version of the team, or at least will when the Thing starts to show up in stores, but Doc Doom (not Iron Man), Super Skrull, Kang, Dragon Man, Annihilus, Mole Man, Galactus' Heralds & the rest of the gang are still waiting to be done or improved. And let's not forget about Franklin & Valeria. Needless to say, I don't agree the FF are "done". Despite Marvel's obvious efforts to bury both FF & X-Men with those lame ayass Inhumans, they are both very much alive, and the future for Marvel Studios.

One last thing. For God's sake, invest some freaking money for a new pistol sculpt already, Hasbro. That damn Ruger type gun has run its course. No matter how many different colors you do it in its still the same old crap that doesn't even fit in most of the holsters when a figure actually comes with holsters. If anyone from Hasbro sees this, contact me. I'll do it for FREE.