Fan Expo Canada 2018 - Hasbro Official Marvel Legends Product Images

JayC

As a huge Wolverine fan I could not choose a better figure out of these than the Weapon-X.  The sculpt is amazing. I really hope that they put and extra head. Either with a screaming face or unmasked and angry. Not that goofy face from the Legendary Riders. Or another possibility is that the helmet would be removable.

My second pic is Mystique. We all knew that she was coming, but seeing her now it's like a whole other thing. The gun is from the Vintage Black Widow and the body is mostly reused from Blink or Elektra I guess and I really don't care.  The head sculpt is awesome. I hope she comes with some fists too.

The other two figures are very cool. I have read Alpha Flight a long time ago and I mostly enjoyed. I don't have a huge attachment for the characters, but they are very important and I recognize that. It's very nice that Hasbro is putting some love in them now. Guardian is nice, but I really think that they should have chosen a better buck for him.  When we saw Sasquatch back in the Deadpool wave we pretty much guessed that they would have eventually give us a Wendigo. Again, not much attachment to the character, but looks very nice. 

Every time now that we have some event in Canada is pretty much   certain that we will see some Canadian characters being released. So at the next event you will pretty much know that  at least two alpha flight members will come. 

I would guess that if this becomes some sort of "theme", the other events in London and Italy should have Hasbro releasing other character from British and Italian origin or relation.  Which would be very cool actually. 

From the UK we have a lot to choose from. I would love to see a Banshee and a Meggan. From Italy the only one that comes to mind is Count Nefaria.

@FASVB It actually the NYCC next which is one of the big 3 for figure reveals. followed by MCM London and Comic Con Paris (on the same weekend) Also as a Big Wolverine fan I'm surprised you aren't more excitment for Wendigo (one of his main foes) and Guardian, considered one of his closest friends and family.

1 minute ago, tarot said:

@FASVB It actually the NYCC next which is one of the big 3 for figure reveals. followed by MCM London and Comic Con Paris (on the same weekend) Also as a Big Wolverine fan I'm surprised you aren't more excitment for Wendigo (one of his main foes) and Guardian, considered one of his closest friends and family.

Oh there is a Paris Comic Con too? I forgot about that, So if Hasbro is there there is a slightly chance for a Fantomex release. It's just me again imagining things. 

About your comment on my choices, sure Alpha Flight is very important and yes Guardian is still one of Logan's closest friends. Wendigo is one one of his main enemies and he also had some battles against Hulk too. But My excitement for Mystique surpasses those two. 

At NYCC my guesses is that they will reveal the Magneto three pack with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch and the Anim Zola figure that was also teased. Maybe a Jim Lee Storm and the Gambit with stubble. Also that Hydra Cap that was teased at SDCC.

They will mostly show the figures already revealed so far since SDCC with some few additions. 

Very happy that we are finally getting some long overdue Alpha Flight love with this awesome Guardian/Vindicator. That is one seriously mean head sculpt. I hope he's coming with alternate open flight hands as well.  Need the twins, Shaman, Snowbird & a new better sculpted & articulated Puck so we can have the original 7 members of AF in 6' plastic. That weapon X is to die for. Wendigo is cool & hopefully has some extra accessories coming with  it like fists. Mystique is cool & all but I've never been a huge fan of her. but she was long overdue for a re-do considering her TB version is truly outdated & lanky looking. Can't wait to get the leader of AF though!

I think the Spider UK buck is perfect for Guardian. It's a little bit bigger than the standard dependable athletic build Bucky Cap buck and some of the sculpting details indicated that some type of suit is being worn by the character. They could've used a better buck for Mystique. The Dark Phoenix/Psylocke buck with its thicker thighs woulda made her high leg line more appealing. Even the overall "thicker" Moonstone buck would have been better, but in today's "need something to be offended by" society I think the kabosh has pretty much been put on that one. Speaking of that, how the hell did a naked guy with a patch of technology covering his business get through the censors? Not complaining, it's an awesome figure, it just seems kinda lopsided how they've toned down all the female figures as of late. Like I said, other than Scream we haven't seen hide nor hair of the Monnstone buck in over a year and that one actually more resembles 90% of the female characters as they appear in the comics.

I did finally realize what's wrong with the look of the Wendigo figure. The body sculpt is spot on. The new hands & feet are perfect. The problem is his face. The head sculpt in general is the right size but the expression on his face is more "Blah..blah, Blah" Dracula rather than ancient demon in earthly form. Just kinda goofy rather than horrifying.

3 hours ago, monron999 said:

I think the Spider UK buck is perfect for Guardian. It's a little bit bigger than the standard dependable athletic build Bucky Cap buck and some of the sculpting details indicated that some type of suit is being worn by the character. They could've used a better buck for Mystique. The Dark Phoenix/Psylocke buck with its thicker thighs woulda made her high leg line more appealing. Even the overall "thicker" Moonstone buck would have been better, but in today's "need something to be offended by" society I think the kabosh has pretty much been put on that one. Speaking of that, how the hell did a naked guy with a patch of technology covering his business get through the censors? Not complaining, it's an awesome figure, it just seems kinda lopsided how they've toned down all the female figures as of late. Like I said, other than Scream we haven't seen hide nor hair of the Monnstone buck in over a year and that one actually more resembles 90% of the female characters as they appear in the comics.

I just think that some butterfly joints would be better like the classic Deadpool body for instance.  

About the body image thing, you have to keep in mind that for man it's ok to show everything besides the private parts and if the body itself is not "real" it's all ok. But when you do this for female figures it's "sexist" "misogynistist"  and "oversexuallizing" female bodies cannot be unrealistic for their standards. No cleavage or anything like that, because it hurts the idea of "body positiveness". All the usual crap. 

It was very surprised actually that they gave us the pantless Psylocke and the Jim Lee Rogue instead of the "nun" Rogue.

We do need some thicker/ muscular legs for some female Superheros/ Supervillans. They as the males are not average body. 

For example Clair from the Luke 2 pack is perfect for human/ non power  female buck. Rogue, Mystic, She-Hulk, Titania, Moonstone etc. have a more curvy thicker muscular leg features.

Those need to be accented. Please Hasbro take care of Mystic’s legs.  

At last, more Alpha Flight in 6" form! Fantastic! The red "metallic" paint look is perfect for Guardian/Vindicator;  hope he'll have some kind of blast effect included. Weapon X also looks spot-on; maybe a snarling head could be included for him. I notice the caption does say "pending approval" so hopefully Mystique will have a better form; the Rogue/Gamora (Guardians 5 pack version) form is what should have been used. Also should have been on the recent Storm 80s mohawk figure. Hasbro's choice to go with the more slender (almost scrawny) body build for some of their female figures is baffling, since we know they have other formats (just like we know they could do double jointed elbows; they did it for Proxima. Now, we knew they'd get some more mileage out of the Sasquatch form so not surprisingly, they used it for Wendigo, and its great. Wish they'd gone with a head closer to the Wendigo used for the old Fin Fang Foom series, but maybe that's coming. Now, IF they do NorthStar, I think the Sunfire mold would fit him and Shaman, and for Aurora, the Black Widow vintage mold. Snowbird's cape will be tricky because as its normally shown, it could restrict the figure movement (like Cloak) but if they use soft goods....anyway, great to see Alpha Flight finally in production!

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:22 PM, superiorspidermanfan said:

That bulky white figure looks NOTHING like the Wendigo so disappointed I'm mean they cant be serious in releasing that . And they should not be using the same body mold as the sasquatch . Please Please Hasbro dont approve of the WENDIGO that is not what the Wendigo of old looks like wendigo3.thumb.jpg.490376faf1f97b0009c7bfa28c0c323e.jpgwendigo2.thumb.jpg.a670ac6b974ba14e7faa9573d94cb3c7.jpgwendigo.thumb.jpg.84993ea881df14db6ce0238c34256d77.jpg

The form theyre using isn't as good/accurate as, say, the Fin Fang Foom Wendigo. At the same time don't think its realistic that they wouldn't get more mileage out of the just released Sasquatch; they did the same thing with the old Toybiz version. Still I think it works, if they give us an alternate head....

wendy.jpg

The John Byrne Wendigo version is the more well known & best version for many of us but for some reason Hasbro decides to go with the more modern facial look. Hopefully they have an alternate Byrne Wendigo head sculpt as well, also needs fists.  A re-do of Puck is in order as well. The "BAF" Puck is too tiny & lacks the ab crunch. Classic NorthStar & Aurora are easy/simple figures to do, just need head sculpts. Put NorthStar on the Sunfire buck & Aurora on the classic Black Widow buck. Shaman also would be great on the Sunfire buck.  Strong Guy is coming within these next 18 months as he is a long over do never before done in 6' scale figure & a member of X-Factor. I'm more upset that Hasbro decided to give us modern man bun wearing Herc over his 2 more iconic looks. All they had to do is re size that awesome MU 80s version to 6.5 scale. Hopefully we get that version somewhere down the line as well as his classic version of the Bronze age. 

HERCULES classic version.png

Hercules 80s look.jpg

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:17 AM, mako said:

Accuracy is a pretty tall order considering there was no ONE Wendigo. There were quite a few through the years and most of them looked markedly different.

Good point; I remember when Wendigo first appeared, and some of the Herb Trimpe art gave him this weird, Jimmy Durante nose. I do prefer the JB version, and think they should've gone with that instead as its probably the better known. But as another poster mentioned- the pic we see is an unapproved cardboard cutout.... so who knows what we'll wind up with.