First Official Look At Brie Larson As Captain Marvel & The Skrulls

JayC

UPDATE: More images have been revealed including our first look at the Skrulls, Carol and the Kree in the green suits, Ronan and Nick Fury with both eyes.

Captain-Marvel-Movie-01__scaled_600.jpg

Captain-Marvel-Movie-02__scaled_600.jpg

Captain-Marvel-Movie-03__scaled_600.jpg

Captain-Marvel-Movie-04__scaled_600.jpg

Captain-Marvel-Movie-05__scaled_600.jpg

Captain-Marvel-Movie-06__scaled_600.jpg

Captain-Marvel-Movie-07__scaled_600.jpg

Captain-Marvel-Movie-08__scaled_600.jpg

Captain-Marvel-Movie-09__scaled_600.jpg

Marvel Studios has released the first official look via Entertainment Weekly of Brie Larson as Captain Marvel for the upcoming movie of the same name.

According to EW, Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel will already have her powers when the movie starts and that she will be taking on the shape-shifting alien race known as the Skrulls. Actor Ben Mendelsohn will play the Skrull leader Talos. Most of the movie will take place in the mid-90's before the events of the first Iron Man movie. A younger Nick Fury played by Samuel L. Jackson will be there and apparently have both eyes, at least to start out.

This is the first Marvel MCU solo movie to focus on a female hero and will be directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck.

Captain-Marvel__scaled_600.jpg

image__scaled_600.jpg

Captain Marvel hits theaters March 8, 2019

Captain-Marvel__scaled_600.jpg

Captain-Marvel-Movie-01.jpg

Captain-Marvel-Movie-02.jpg

Captain-Marvel-Movie-03.jpg

Captain-Marvel-Movie-04.jpg

Captain-Marvel-Movie-05.jpg

Captain-Marvel-Movie-06.jpg

Captain-Marvel-Movie-07.jpg

Captain-Marvel-Movie-08.jpg

Captain-Marvel-Movie-09.jpg

image__scaled_600.jpg

Well She looks very much spot on with minor differences. We all know that somethings don't really work well on the silverscreen. The bad thing is that we will probably never see a Ms Marvel. The classic one I mean. 

The Skrulls look a little meh. The make up is not heavy enough, but is passable. 

It's just me or this Ronan outfit resembles a lot more the comic book version? We might be getting a comic book Ronan in this wave. My guess.

Maria Rambeau is the mother of Monica Rambeau, right?

The de-aging is really good on Sam Jackson  and I wonder how they will do that to Coulson. 

I still have some questions about this movie and I will only be fully convinced when the trailer comes. Probably at NYCC. 

Meh, not feeling this one. Was Brie Larson really the best choice to play the character & why not call her Ms Marvel considering the original Cap Marvel is a male.  The Skrulls look non formidable in their leather suits.  Gonna have to wait for a good trailer before I decide to spend my $$ at the theatre for this.

On 9/5/2018 at 1:23 PM, JayC said:

I think the Skrulls might be distant relatives to the Remans from Star Trek Nemesis :)

03.jpg

Nemesis!That's it!

I was thinking TNG,but could not recall which movie.

Skrulls have furrowed chins kinda like Thanos,and are a deeper green.

That's distinctive.

Wow. All this green ambience the production is setting up--from costumes to backdrops.... Is Marvel going to out-green "Green Lantern"?

Mogo's beard! :)

B-) Shalom

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:23 AM, mako said:

Well, she's attractive, she seems to be having fun playing the role, and she's certainly got the chops for it. I think they really got lucky casting Larson.

As for the Skrulls? They're green guys with pointy ears in the comics, they're green guys with pointy ears in the movie. What more do we need?

How bout ditching the leather for one. One Skrull looks all fat & frumpy . In the comics, the only one that really had a distinctive look,  was taller & was more formidable looking was the Super Skrull or Paibok. Regular skrull soldiers all were much  shorter in hgt & looked the same.