JayC

A Death In The Family! X-MEN: THE EXTERMINATED #1

Cable has fallen, and the events of Extermination have left a hole in the X-Men family. What comes next??

In the wake of Cable’s death, his adopted daughter Hope Summers is attempting to deal with her loss – but a dark and terrifying path beckons her, and the X-Men’s own Jean Grey may be her only hope for survival!

This December, CABLE creative team Zac Thompson and Lonnie Nadler re-team for a special one-shot to say good-bye to the time-traveling, fan-favorite mutant – featuring covers by Shaw and a special back-up story that celebrates the life of Nathan Summers, from legendary X-Men series writer Chris Claremont!

“This issue is our chance to say a proper farewell to Cable, to honor his legacy, and to really see the immense impact the time travelling mutant had on those closest to him,” said Nadler. “Most importantly, it's about how the Summers family copes with grief, and the difficulty of forging ahead. The issue is packed with fan favorite X-Men from all different eras, and we're super excited to be bringing them together, despite the somber occasion.”

Don’t miss the X-Men story everyone will be talking about – X-MEN: THE EXTERMINATED #1 arrives in comic shops this December!

X-MEN: THE EXTERMINATED #1
Written by ZAC THOMPSON, LONNIE NADLER, and CHRIS CLAREMONT
Art by NEIL EDWARDS and more
Cover by SHAW, colors by ANTONIO FABELA
On Sale 12/5/18
1 of 1

What?! Someone actually DIED in an X-Men book subtitled "the exterminated"? That's unheard of. Run out right now and reserve your copy of this HISTORIC event.

Hate to be snarky but these crossover/crisis/death/return tropes have been DONE to DEATH....seriously, please just stop it. Theyre just gonna bring the guy back eventually, or reboot the universe again, or have some other world-shaking crisis that will restore this and any other character they kill off. Wish Marvel would impose a 10yr moratorium on these kinds of arcs. in the meantime work on some fresh, original stories that actually fit the time frame you've already established. And a few stand- alone issues wouldn't hurt.

What the hell? Cable??? Come on! This is crap. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... wait. Didn't he die before?

3 minutes ago, mako said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... wait. Didn't he die before?

several times. he is getting up there with his stepmom in terms of deaths and rebirths

16 hours ago, tarot said:

several times. he is getting up there with his stepmom in terms of deaths and rebirths

I can just see the cheesy day-time cable commercial:

"Have you died in a superhero civil war, alien invasion, glitch in the Matrix, or cosmic event? Have you been denied your death benefit simply because you're still breathing? Contact the law offices of Matt Murdock and we'll help you get your death benefit and any other settlements you may have coming. Call the Law Offices of Matt Murdock... . you were dead yesterday, you have enough to worry about."

Crap like this is one of the many reasons I'm so glad I quit collecting comics yrs ago. I figure he'll be back this time next yr.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Shop for Marvel Action Figures

• Topics

• Yep Ive seen the listing sadly it ran out really quickly and couldnt pick one up, dont know if amazon was just starting to create the listing and some managed to add the figure to their carts in the right time, or if it just sold out quickly, in any case its probably going to be restocked later, hopefully by then we'll know more info on it, from the images the figure seems like a straight repaint of the previous green hulks but does seem to have a new headsculpt.
    • I guess because I grew up reading Marvel comics in an era where Marvel adhered to the listed hgts/wgts of their characters & drew them in their correct hgts, I got used to thinking it would always be that way & that the editors, who's main job is to spot/point out inaccuracies/mistakes & have the writer/artist correct them & nowadays, I just feel like the staff at Marvel could give 2 poops about respecting the source material. An artist wants to draw the Thing as an 8 footer, editor says, "feh, knock yourself out", Same thig seems to be going on at Hasbro, who ever's in charge at Marvel of OKing said figure should have looked at the Thing prototype & said, "nope, too big in hgt, knock off an inch",  When it comes to characters that are heavily muscled/thick like Thanos, Hulk, Thing, Juggernaut, Abom, Rhino, I'd happily lose the double elbow, double knee POA in place of being the correct scale & thickness. All those figures mentioned are at least an inch + too tall. Thanos is listed as being 6'7 but thanks to the MCU, he's now an 8 footer so of course the comics have to follow suit, Jugs was originally 6'10 but nope, let's push him up to almost 9ft tall for no other reason than artistic license cuz ya know, being 6'10 isn't big enough. Kingpin BAF is at least an inch too big as well, he's 6'8, now he is drawn as being a 7-8 footer as well.  I know that the odds of ever getting any or all of these large sized characters ever getting re-done at their more correct hgts is slim to none but I just hope that Hasbro does their best to make characters truer to their actual hgts in the comics with future releases.  I'll wait for a Perez based Beast to be done as the Jim Lee version is over scaled as well. Hank McCoy is 5'11, not 6'6. 
    • This doesn’t surprise me, and does, in fact, please me. Right after the SDCC Vintage style Hulk was unveiled I saw someone make a grey Hulk custom and it looked far better than the official one.
    • There are now pics on the main page:   Marvel Legends Grey Hulk Action Figure Coming From Hasbro?!?
    • so it begins. Get your color wheels ready folk. LOL  Joking aside, I am delight to get this out of the way. Should this be consider a FA version or a pre-Joe Fixit version? The only complaint I have is it's on the wrong sculpt as grey Hulk is alot shorter the his green counterpart.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE