Any Update on Walgreens Thing ETA?

BradMan

Just like the title says - does anyone have an update on the ETA for the Walgreens exclusive Marvel Legends Thing?  

I was lucky enough to jump on the Walgreens website and get my Silver Surfer without the order being cancelled, but seeing other people not be so lucky has got me paranoid about missing the window of availability for Thing.  

Thanks! 

4 hours ago, Malocchio said:

Silver Surfer is readily available in stores now so there is no reason to believe Thing won’t be as well.

I wouldn't say that, depending on where you live and how many Walgreens in the area that's not necessarily true.  In my area he's still pretty rare, despite the fact that I got my order from Walgreens.com when others did in the first wave.  

The other consideration is that Thing will probably be in higher demand for longer than the Surfer, because not only do you have every FF fan wanting one, but also every ML collector that has been along for this long strung out release that Hasbro has gone on.  So yeah, maybe a few months down the road he won't be hard to track down.  But of the previous three FF members, the last one I saw in any quantity was Human Torch, saw maybe a dozen Invisible Women before she was gone for good, and not a single Mr. Fantastic, still.  

He's no longer on Walgreens.com.   :(   I will say, though, here, in the Chicago area, I haven't had trouble getting any of the Marvel Legends or Star Wars Black Series Walgreens exclusives (just got General Veers yesterday), but I haven't seen The Silver Surfer in  large quantities. Fingers crossed for The Thing. Hopefully teh rumored Super Skrull will make its way out eventually.

So, I got mine in the mail last week, but just as a curiosity I stopped by Walgreens on the way home from work. All indications on the shelves say they had indeed received the figures but had since been cleaned out, marked by a particular collector/resaler in the area. He basically takes what he wants (mostly for scalping) and then pushes everything as tightly together in as few shelves or pegs as possible. This might be to signal to the floor workers that this area requires restocking, but part of me thinks he does it just to be a douche. Either way, this angered me so I set out to find at least one in the wild & possibly more, if only to keep them outta his hands. Store after store I enter (there are about a dozen in my little metro area) and the SOS in each one. Finally, get to one particular Walgreens, a little different from the others. It's abnormally large for a Walgreens & the floor plan is quite different, as Walgreens go. There's your typical isles, of course, but as there's a large open space in the middle of the store they sometimes put up large square kiosks with seasonal and new items. It is in this little treasure trove that I found Mr. Fantastic, Silver Surfer and today, Thing. Tucked away behind Halloween Beanie Boos, exclusive Funky POPS and blind bags of all sorts. Hadda buy it. My area I cleaned out. I freaking hate scalpers.

Has anyone noticed that Walgreens runs a sale, right before the new figures release?

I swear, as I was looking for Thing/Magik/Surfer (Chicagoland area)... Just when the sightings got active, boom 30-50% Marvel Legends?!