Marvel Select Avengers: Infinity War Official Figure Images From DST

JayC

Diamond Select Toys has released official images for their upcoming 7" Marvel Select Avengers: Infinity War figures which you can pre-order now at BigBadToyStore.com.

Avengers: Infinity War Select Captain America
DST-Marvel-Select-Avengers-Infinity-War-01__scaled_600.jpg

Captain America looks to have a display base and shields for both arms. It looks like you get a set extended and a non-extended pair of shields.

Avengers: Infinity War Select Iron Spider
DST-Marvel-Select-Avengers-Infinity-War-02__scaled_600.jpg

The Iron Spider figure does feature the mechanical arms on the back.

Avengers: Infinity War Select Thor & Groot
DST-Marvel-Select-Avengers-Infinity-War-03__scaled_600.jpg

The Thor figure includes Stormbreaker as well as a teenage Groot figure.

Look for all three figures to see release by the end of the year.

Thor is the best of the three. Just wish he had some effects or an alternate head. Cap doesn't look as bad, but I wish the torso was wider. The body seems to the the exact one fro Civil War and that figure has some issues. The hips looks too big and the main one is that some sculpts of the pants don't allow for the legs to move as much.  I could be mistaken. As for Spidey, he looks very nice too and fortunately he does not have the hideous T joints on the hips as the previous one. He could have come with extra hands at least. 

22 minutes ago, Nightwing_Josh said:

doubt they'll fit. but this version looks the most like the film so far

Agreed. Even better than SHF that looks like David Schwimmer. 

7 hours ago, Supersmashfox64 said:

It's nice that they gave Cap both of the Wakandan shields, though, Chris Evan's bearded face continues to be a bump in the road that action figure companies continue to struggle with.

Comparing to Legends and  SHF  this one is the closest one.  Maybe with some little customization this could look way better. 

I am more worried about the articulation department.  They haven't confirmed that is a new body yet. 

13 hours ago, FASVB said:

Comparing to Legends and  SHF  this one is the closest one.  Maybe with some little customization this could look way better. 

I am more worried about the articulation department.  They haven't confirmed that is a new body yet. 

Yeah, that is always the risk with Diamond Select. Great paint and sculpt work, hit or miss articulation. I'm excited to see the new Beast they're putting out. See if I can't fudge it into a Marvel Legends display.

6 hours ago, Dravin815 said:

Weird how hard a time all the toy companies are having with a chris evans bearded head sculpt

The only one that get s it done is Hot Toys. But you just can't compare Hot Toys quality with 6 or 7 inch figures. Even Neca at the quarter scale figures didn't quite get the likeness. 

8 hours ago, Supersmashfox64 said:

Yeah, that is always the risk with Diamond Select. Great paint and sculpt work, hit or miss articulation. I'm excited to see the new Beast they're putting out. See if I can't fudge it into a Marvel Legends display.

Beast is one that I definitely need in my Selects collection.  I wish the figure was larger and the head was different. Maybe come with two heads and one has the glasses on.  Hasbro will for sure release Beast soon enough. 

Has anyone heard if DST is gonna release any additional Infinity War characters in the Marvel Select line? Was really hoping to see Thanos and his Black Order, but I’ve had no luck finding any news on additional coverage beyond these figures.

Any idea if a Thanos is planned? In missed the one at the Disney store so a movie one would be great. 

I'll get the Thor and Groot if only to add to my Marvel Select Thor collection. For some reason I always get those. 

40 minutes ago, Hordak Rules said:

Any idea if a Thanos is planned? In missed the one at the Disney store so a movie one would be great. 

I'll get the Thor and Groot if only to add to my Marvel Select Thor collection. For some reason I always get those. 

I haven’t had any luck finding info on plans for a Marvel Select MCU Thanos, which is a huge letdown. The Marvel Legends MCU Thanos in the 3-pack with Strange and Iron-man looks great, but having no interest in getting the other two, I couldn’t bring myself to pay $60+ for just one figure.

The Disney one was a welcomed surprise, it really captures his current look in comics. I lucked out grabbing one before they became scarce.