Ideal Wolverine Wave

tarot

I may be in the minority but I'm really tired of umpteenth versions of Wolverine but if more have to be made then I'd be all for a "Fang" version with actual "Fang" head sculpt so we can have another member of the IG to go along with Gladiator. Then I'd want a re-do of his FA costume. Those are really the only 2 versions I would get of Wolvy. Agree on SS as the BAF. Could care less for Fantomex,  Jubes & Maverick. Only other version of Sabretooth I'd want is his 1st app look in Ironfist.  An updated Lady Deathstrike  would be cool as the TB version is truly horrid. I'd rather see Cyber done as well. How bout some HAND Ninjas in a Wolvy wave as well for army building purposes?  A Mr Fixit/Patch 2 pack would be cool as well.

I'm sure a lot of us have Wolverine fatigue syndrome at this point, but the sad truth is there's still a ton of source material to work with. The even sadder thing is I dought, if there ever is a Wolverine wave, that it would only contain 1 Wolverine. Similar to Deadpool waves I think there would be at least 2 cuz they figure they can get at least one version of the keystone character in the line up without including a BAF piece. That being said I'll give MY ideal wave and then point out what's more likely to happen.

1. Wolverine Returns (modern) - he's back and I'm sure he's due for a wardrobe change.

2. Maverick - it's never been done before. Hasbro should kill it.

3. Kane - another that's never been done & his look has gone kinda weirdo but it's another Weapon X'er that would be cool to have.

4. Lady Deathstrike - you know how much Hasbro likes to outdo the original. The bars not very high.

5. Viper - I know the crossover with the Avengers makes this unlikely but it would be easy & the last one was butt, ayass U-G-L-Y and it truly had no alibi.

6. Bonebreaker - this is just a cool one that's just gotta be done. Skullbuster is on its way. Gotta get him in there.

7. Nightcrawler - gotta get the bestie in there. Plus he's long overdue for a makeover.

8. Warpath - as they showed us with Colossus, not all oversized characters need to be BAFs. This one would be original colors. They could simply repaint it if an X-Force wave ever happens.

BAF: Silver Samurai - not my favorite character but it has to be done. Not a large figure but his look is just complicated enough to warrant an original sculpt or at least a tone of new parts.

Now, more than likely on of the figures in the lineup would hafta take a back seat to a 2nd Wolverine. Logic tells me it would be an AOA. I'll restate how Hasbro loves to outdo TB. Also, figuring out exactly what female figs to place is tricky. Deathstrike is a gimme, of course, but I could see a late 80's/early 90's Rogue in her black leotard or Copycat with a few swap heads instead of Viper. I could also see Nightcrawler and Warpath giving up their spots to maybe an updated Daken and/or Mr. Sinister, cuz they could easily be placed in X-Men or X-Force waves in the future.

So many possibilities.

Solid choices. I suppose we have to have one or two Wolvies in the mix. Here's my wave:

-Wolverine in Japanese outfit

-Maverick

-Team X Wolverine

-Morph (animated series)

-Jubilee (1990s costume)

-Lady Deathstrike

-Beast (1990s costume/look)

---BAF- Silver Samurai (with interchangeable un-helmeted head).

• 2 weeks later...

I can do this all day:

Wolverine - Tuxedo, with "Patch" head

Cyber - long overdue

Lady Deathstrike - Reavers need more love

Hand ninjas - easy army builder

Bloodstream - long overdue

Kane (Weapon X) - one of my favorites

Maverick - long overdue

Pretty Boy - long overdue

Mr. Fixit - BAF (tuxedo)

On 9/21/2018 at 12:43 AM, nieman257 said:

I would say:

• Wolverine (Astonishing)
  • Jubilee (90's Jim Lee)
  • Lady Deathstrike
  • Northstar
  • Donald Pierce
  • Caliban
  • Nightcrawler
  • BAF - Silver Samurai 

That's a main protagonist (Silver Samurai), Deathstrike & another Reaver, Alpha Flight, a sidekick, a Horseman and and elf

Caliban was another one that I called. I'm getting very good at this