Amazon Exclusive Marvel Legends Days Of Future Past Sentinel & Wolverine Set Video Review & Images

JayC

erivera94 reviews the new Amazon.com exclusive Marvel Legends Days Of Future Past Sentinel and Wolverine 2-pack from Hasbro.

This set was originally slated to be a Toys R' Us exclusive but then got picked up by Amazon when TRU went out of business here in the United States. The set costs $99 and features a re-issue of the Marvel Universe Sentinel and a modified Old-Man Logan figure.

The set has been available very briefly a few times on Amazon but is currently listed as unavailable. It will likely come back in stock soon so if you missed out and want to pick this one up, you will want to go to this page and select the email me option so you are altered when it does become available again. Check out images for the set below in our GALLERY!

Marvel-Legends-Days-Of-Future-Past-Sentinel-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Days-Of-Future-Past-Sentinel-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Days-Of-Future-Past-Sentinel-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Days-Of-Future-Past-Sentinel-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Days-Of-Future-Past-Sentinel-05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Days-Of-Future-Past-Sentinel-06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Days-Of-Future-Past-Sentinel-07.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Days-Of-Future-Past-Sentinel-08.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Days-Of-Future-Past-Sentinel-10.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Days-Of-Future-Past-Sentinel-11.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Days-Of-Future-Past-Sentinel-12.jpg

Sentinel alone use to sell for $49 back when they 1st came out in the MU gigantic battles set with a 4' Wolvy, now they want $100 cuz it comes with  a 6' scale Wolvy?  Had it been the way superior TB Sentinel included in this pack repainted in it's classic colors, I'd be down for this, but not for this limited POA "25 phrases" version. Along with the just announced "Captain Marvel" movie wave, Hasbro is saving me lots of $$!

The only thing really bad about this set is that ugly Wolverine head. The rest is awesome. The only things that would make the Sentinel perfect were some detachable tentacles with bendywire.  Hopefully the price also drops a bit because 100 bucks is a lot of money. It will make this thing cost 400 dollars in my local vendors or more. 

Definitely want this set. DOFP Wolverine is something I wouldn't mind adding to my collection. And I always welcome the opportunity for additional Sentinels.

But $100 is steep for this. $20 for a normal 6" figure, that means they're looking for $80 for the Sentinel? That's a bit much.

Might have to pass this time around.

Was excited when I first saw the teaser of the box earlier this year but now kinda sinks down to a slow disappointment with that price tag. Wolverine is becoming the new Deadpool with Marvel Legends where we're getting too many of him in such a short time with minor variations.

Tempted to get the Sentinel for nostalgic sake of the Marvel Universe version but might as well save up to do a better custom Sentinel:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, meerkatfigures said:

Wolverine is becoming the new Deadpool with Marvel Legends where we're getting too many of him in such a short time with minor variations.

Could be worse. Back in the Toy Biz 5" line, there was a new Wolverine every week.

I agree that the price tag is steep, but given that it's costly to grab a Sentinel on the aftermarket as it is, I'm down to get one with a DOFP Wolvie when I have the opportunity. Just won't be able to army-build like I was hoping.

8 hours ago, Boy_Blunder said:

Could be worse. Back in the Toy Biz 5" line, there was a new Wolverine every week.

I agree that the price tag is steep, but given that it's costly to grab a Sentinel on the aftermarket as it is, I'm down to get one with a DOFP Wolvie when I have the opportunity. Just won't be able to army-build like I was hoping.

Oh I hear ya, but it does seem like we're getting to that Toy Biz momentum with these popular characters. haha

Yeah, same goes with my plans to army-build too. Let's hope there's still some during a Black Friday sale or so.

1 hour ago, Falls22 said:

Looks like the same color scheme as the SDCC Sentinel. Does anyone know if there’s a difference between the two? 

There are a few, minor differences. While, in general, the color scheme is the same, the older one had a duller metallic look to the arms, legs, and face. It also had a matte dark gray paint throughout different parts of the armor, and the wires that are on the underside of the forearm are painted. Essentially, this one has less paint detail. Articulation and function-wise, they are the same figure. 

To me, the color scheme on  this one is the most "classic comics" in look. I really dig the colors, but, as some have said- $100.00 seems slightly much, with the lack of "newness" in this set. It's great for those who don't have this sculpt of The Sentinels at all, but I have a MCU one, so it's hard for me to justify $100 for a repaint and "passing a kidney stone" Wolverine. If it gets down in the $70-$75 area, I'll probably snap one up.

5 hours ago, Dravin815 said:

I wamt it but it is a bit to steep a price. Hopefully will go down around holidays

The bad thing in waiting is that it can easily sell out before that. We don't know how many of this will be made. 

17 hours ago, Supersmashfox64 said:

There are a few, minor differences. While, in general, the color scheme is the same, the older one had a duller metallic look to the arms, legs, and face. It also had a matte dark gray paint throughout different parts of the armor, and the wires that are on the underside of the forearm are painted. Essentially, this one has less paint detail. Articulation and function-wise, they are the same figure. 

Alright cool, I always liked the SDCC one because of its colors, but never could get it. This seems like a nice alternative if I can get it at a decent price.