Amazon Exclusive Marvel Legends Days Of Future Past Sentinel & Wolverine Set Video Review & Images

JayC

19 hours ago, Falls22 said:

Alright cool, I always liked the SDCC one because of its colors, but never could get it. This seems like a nice alternative if I can get it at a decent price. 

Yeah, I was following a couple of them on eBay and they seem to be selling for around 100 bucks too. So if the better paint apps are worth it to you, go for it. I just know that if I buy one, then I'm gonna want at least two more, and the Amazon ones are more likely to drop in price, so here's hoping they go on sale sometime in the future!

On 9/20/2018 at 1:49 PM, Gmen4ever said:

Sentinel alone use to sell for $49 back when they 1st came out in the MU gigantic battles set with a 4' Wolvy, now they want $100 cuz it comes with  a 6' scale Wolvy?  Had it been the way superior TB Sentinel included in this pack repainted in it's classic colors, I'd be down for this, but not for this limited POA "25 phrases" version. Along with the just announced "Captain Marvel" movie wave, Hasbro is saving me lots of $$!

TOYBIZ FTW

I was 50-50 on wether to buy this set or not once it was announced but I think Im going to pass, for the price point the figures are lacking, the sentinel though I know its a repainted MU mold still looks to toyish (not collector figure), the logan would have been a good figure if only they had given him a better headsculpt (even if its a straight repaint form the Old man Logan figure a good face would have made the difference) Im thinking this will be an easy pass and a welcomed one by my wallet

On 9/26/2018 at 12:22 AM, walter529a said:

Looks cool, I do wonder why is BBTS Selling the Marvel Universe one that comes alone, is more expensive, and  this one has a wolverine figure...

The older one has a better paint job tho. 

Yeah, Amazon is pretty good about making a good supply of their exclusives, restocking them multiple times, and doing some markdowns. I wouldn't expect this to get too cheap, though- Maybe $65-70. There are people who, even at that price, would buy several to "army build," which isn't something people would do with the Defenders set.

All of you passing on this set are doing the right thing. $100 seems to equate to $80 for the Sentinel & $20 for Wolvy. Sorry, for an $80 Sentinel you better have put in the way superior TB version in it's classic colors. That woulda been worth the $100 considering the original TB Sentinel goes for an avg of $175-$200 on evilbay.  I woulda invested in 3 of em & sold off the 3 Wolvys.

See, I like the sculpt of this one better than the Toy Biz one- it's much more "classic." The Toy Biz one, however, kills it in the articulation department (and has the tentacles). If they could somehow make this sculpt a little bigger, and give it the same articulation as the Toy Biz one, it would be a mind-blowingly awesome Sentinel.