ABC Sets Commitment With Marvel Series About Female Superheroes

Outsiders

ABC has given a production commitment to an untitled television drama about lesser-known Marvel female characters with superpowers from Wonder Woman writer Allan Heinberg, Marvel Television and ABC Studios.

The project is being written by Heiinberg, who is under an overall deal at ABC Studios, is executive producing the potential series with Marvel Television’s Jeph Loeb.

“In terms of Marvel, we have some things that we are in discussions with them right now that we are in development,” the network’s entertainment president Channing Dungey told sources last month. “I’m very excited about it.”

Source: Deadline

I'd say this is where they could do something with Black Cat and/or Silver Sable but that would involve Sony which they would not do. 

Considering they are going to make mention of Monica Rambeau (Spectrum) in Captain Marvel, that's one option.  They may go full A-Force and we'll get characters from that. 

It would be a matter of her wanting to do a tv series but Emily VanCamp as Sharon Carter could be interesting. Could continue some of the Agent Carter storylines. 

I don't think grittier is necessarily better. I think that's a system that the DCEU really suffered from. I think that consistency is an important quality in any show. But it also can't just be one-note gag, or it'll become a chore to watch very quickly. Even "gritty" shows like Daredevil have more than the grit and the darkness to offer. There's a lot of tragic elements, as well as heart within the supporting cast. Without the other complexities that make the show what it is, it wouldn't succeed. Plus, a show doesn't need to be dark to succeed, sometimes it just needs to be fun. And sometimes the fun factor is sacrificed for trying to be "edgy" enough. We'll see if they can strike the balance  with this new show.

On 9/24/2018 at 6:10 PM, mako said:

Much as I love Agents of SHIELD, AND Sharon Carter, I think its time we got a "full ride" superhero series. You know, suit, powers, villains, the whole bit.

Yeah. we need that. The thing with ABC is that the kill off more shows than any other network. I don't know if you guys remember No Ordinary  Family. I thought that te show was cool and got axed after just one season. 

5 hours ago, mako said:

The other side of that is they tend to give more genre shows a chance. Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, Once Upon a Time, Lois and Clark, etc.

I loved Agent Carter and I got pretty upset when they cancelled it. 

9 hours ago, mako said:

I thought they kinda screwed up the second season. Yet another instance of Disney killing a Marvel property with comedy (she's knocked out and dreams a music number... SERIOUSLY!?!).

Still, it was a great show and I'd have loved to see it go on.

That cliffhanger that they left never resolved pissed me off. Things were stating to look good. Peggy and Howard were great together and Jarvis was a lot of fun.