MAFEX Comic Book Based Venom Official Images & Info From Medicom

JayC

Medicom has released official images and info for their upcoming comic book based Marvel Comics Venom figure which will stand 6.2" tall and be released in July 2019.

The figure which looks to be based on Todd McFarlane's art will feature 3 different head sculpts, which includes and unmasked Eddie Brock face, 2 pair of webbing effects, extra hands and feet including a set with magnets for sticking to walls.

MAFEX-Venom-01.jpg

MAFEX-Venom-02.jpg

MAFEX-Venom-03.jpg

MAFEX-Venom-04.jpg

MAFEX-Venom-05.jpg

MAFEX-Venom-06.jpg

MAFEX-Venom-07.jpg

MAFEX-Venom-08.jpg

MAFEX-Venom-09.jpg

MAFEX-Venom-10.jpg

MAFEX-Venom-11.jpg

Looks even better than I imagined. The only head that is missing is the classic one with the tongue sticking out.

If they are mimicking Kayiodo somehow, we must see a Wolverine prototype real soon. Hopefully with the classic tigerstripe outfit.

I can't wait to see DEadpool too and they must give him guns!

Just ordered mine. Looking forward to it. Mafex needs to ease up on their prices though. $65-$80 bucks these days, for a 6" figure from them is getting crazy.

I dig realy this Venom, but I do wish he were a bit taller & stockier. I'd love to see Mafex's take on the bigger beefier version of Venom.

I intend to use a new Omega Red base in an attempt to make the more perfect, larger Marvel Legends Venom.

This Venom looks like he has all the bells and whistles that you’d want. Except he needed a tongue coming out just a little. But other than that seems pretty good. The Spidey and Venom from this line are promising. I like their design and style better than the revoltech figures. But that price point is kind of a lot to spend on one figure. 

This looks like the most faithful to the original version of Venom in action figure form Ive ever seen. It looks beautiful! And its nice to see a Brock head that looks right and not Legends oversized awkward gorilla face thing. 

1 hour ago, Batbishop said:

I hope Hasbro does another venom figure with the omega red mold.

That Hyperion body mold should have never got as far as it has. Its really ugly and the shoulders being so forward is just awkward looking. When they use techniques and creative placement to cover it up like Bishop and Cable, it looks great and fits nicely. The Omega Red big boy buck is amazing and I cant wait to see what they do with it. Ironically Im still ok with the bucky cap mold being used as its an excellent average build option. 

This is got to be the most accurate Venom I've seen, from his first appearance, that is.  I loved that first Venom story but with the exception of the (Earthbound) Agent Venom years, I've generally disliked the character.  I'd get this in a second if it were Legends scale (and price!).

On 9/25/2018 at 1:15 PM, Supersmashfox64 said:

I go back and forth all the time on which venom is my favorite. lol. Sometimes I really like the hulking, tendril bound, tongue-wavering venom, and other times, I want something more like this; the smooth, sleek mean machine that I grew up with in the 90s cartoon.

I'm glad to see this version of Venom.  I can't stand the tongue.  I far prefer Venom as a tougher, but slower, Spider-Man, without all the massive powers he was given later.  Not that I'm a particular McFarlane fan... but that version of Venom is the one I fell in love with.

On 9/25/2018 at 2:39 PM, EvilHayato said:

This looks like the most faithful to the original version of Venom in action figure form Ive ever seen. It looks beautiful! And its nice to see a Brock head that looks right and not Legends oversized awkward gorilla face thing. 

It has Todd MacFarlane  all over. The head is much better that the huge ML head.  ML has a thing for a while of putting huge heads on figures. You put the masked one side by side the unmasked and in no way they match.