MAFEX Comic Book Based Venom Official Images & Info From Medicom

JayC

2 hours ago, FASVB said:

It has Todd MacFarlane  all over. The head is much better that the huge ML head.  ML has a thing for a while of putting huge heads on figures. You put the masked one side by side the unmasked and in no way they match. 

yeah i hate the big head syndrome they have on their figs. Alot of the figures have disproportionate body parts all the time. Tiny feet, big heads, etc. With the Venom, youd think that after it was first revealed at i think SDCC, they would hear what everyones saying and go crazy to change it.. instead they are just like welp nothing we can do, already went to press. Which is most likely why they cant change it but its weird to show it and then get so many negative remarks to it that they just are like well crap and not do anything to fix it before it goes out to mass market.  

1 hour ago, FASVB said:

There is also the lollipop syndrome.  Thsoe head floating on the neck pegs. It suckes when it happens with nice figures. 

Thats right! I forgot about that too. They just always like to give them long necks, mostly on that butt hyperion body mold.. awful. 

34 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Thats right! I forgot about that too. They just always like to give them long necks, mostly on that butt hyperion body mold.. awful. 

Happens a lot to female figures too. Elsa Bloodstone is an example and I believe that the new Widow has the same issue. 

This does look crispy. Almost makes me wanna delve into the mafex world. It’s just so hard when I’m so invested for years in the legends line and that scale  I honestly didn’t have a problem with the size of the Legends Venom’s Head. I think it looks fine. How is the current quality control on these mafex figures?  Because I have heard some gripes in the past. 

Usually Mafex fits in scale better with ML than other import figures Im intrested to see how this figure would scale in my ML Spidey Villians Collection (I still think the Marvel Select even being a little bit on the large side is hard to beat for venom) Im thinking itll be a little bit small but still looks 100 times better than the ML one

21 hours ago, fleskz said:

Toybiz venom still the best ever by a landslide! whats with this smooth, dull skin??

More based on his first appearance with McFarlane art style. He didnt get all tendrilly until later on. He had a sort of generic body with smooth musculature. And the mouth is exactly how McFarlane originally drew him. 

With the exception of not having a good Brock head, the Marvel Select Venom is still the quintessential Venom figure for me. It has great detail, decent articulation, and captures the classic and modern depictions of Venom. It even has the Madness attachments. All for about $30.

47 minutes ago, GojiBill said:

With the exception of not having a good Brock head, the Marvel Select Venom is still the quintessential Venom figure for me. It has great detail, decent articulation, and captures the classic and modern depictions of Venom. It even has the Madness attachments. All for about $30.

I absolutely love that figure. I only have a few gripes with it. The articulation could be way better and its alittle oversized if used in with Marvel Legends. 

• 5 years later...

The year of the re-issue continues. How come these re-issues never seem to come with any kind of discount? It's obviously just left over stock they never got rid of. I hardly think they really went back to the presses to produce these things for re-issue. Whatever the case I guess it's really no skin off my nose. Even with a discount the thing would probably easily still be over $70. The day I pay that for something like this is the day they put me in the asylum. And I would go willingly.

I own the Chinese bootleg figure of this lol. It’s actually not half bad apart from a really garbage looking Eddie head…

Honestly though, as others have mentioned, the size is just too small on this guy. If Mafex had made it larger it would be an excellent Venom figure and would probably be one I would buy for my display. Currently I have both the King in Black and 3-pack Legends Venoms which are both really good in their own ways. I had considered buying the Select Venom at one point, but went with the Legends ones instead.

I really like what Mafex does with these figures.  If it weren't for financial limitations, I could definitely see myself investing in a few,  especially spider and associates. That being said,  something about this Venom figure always seemed of to me.  Not saying it's a bad figure but I think I actually prefer the 3 pack version from Hasbro.