Jump to content
JayC

2018 NYCC Exclusive One:12 Collective Wolverine Ronin Figure From Mezco

Recommended Posts

The One:12 Collective Wolverine 5 Ronin figure depicts the mutant enduring the brutality of 17th century Japan. Based on his appearance in ‘5 Ronin’, Wolverine is authentically dressed in traditional samurai clothing and comes complete with two katana swords of arming length, and two sheaths that can be neatly tucked into his waist belt and a scarf.

Wolverine is forced to walk the lonely path of the masterless samurai in the violent and tumultuous world of feudal Japan. Determined to avenge his brother, Wolverine sets off to find the Damiyo who is responsible for his brother’s demise.

THE ONE:12 COLLECTIVE WOLVERINE 5 RONIN FIGURE FEATURES:
- One:12 Collective body with over 28 points of articulation
- Two (2) head portraits
- Hand painted authentic detailing
- Approximately 17cm tall
- Seven (7) interchangeable hands
One (1) pair of fists (L&R)
One (1) pair of clawed fists (L&R)
One (1) pair of sword holding hands (L&R)
One (1) posing hand (R)


COSTUME:
- Kamishimo with kimono, hakama, jacket and waist belt
- Scarf with integrated posing wire
- Geta style shoes


ACCESSORIES:
- One (1) long katana sword with sheath
- One (1) short katana sword with sheath
- One (1) One:12 Collective display base with logo
- One (1) One:12 Collective adjustable display post

Each One:12 Collective Wolverine 5 Ronin figure is packaged in a collector friendly box, designed with collectors in mind.

This limited edition Mezco Fall Exclusive is only available via their website and at the Mezco Toyz NYCC booth #1954, while supplies last.

Wolverine-5-Ronin-01.Jpg

Wolverine-5-Ronin-02.Jpg

Wolverine-5-Ronin-03.Jpg

Wolverine-5-Ronin-04.Jpg

Wolverine-5-Ronin-05.Jpg

Wolverine-5-Ronin-06.Jpg

Wolverine-5-Ronin-07.Jpg

Wolverine-5-Ronin-08.Jpg

Wolverine-5-Ronin-09.Jpg

Wolverine-5-Ronin-10.Jpg

Wolverine-5-Ronin-11.Jpg

Wolverine-5-Ronin-12.Jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve looked at these mezco figures and I really don’t like the look of the cloth goods. I like the head sculpt with his hair pulled back. I just don’t like the look of the cloth clothes on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a beautiful figure, but was there really a high enough demand for this version to warrant a figure of this quality?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another one that I would definitely have in my shelf. I really wish I could have all the Wolverines that they make. The Japan saga is one of the most important times in the life of Logan, Hasbro should make a figure like this, but in no way they would beat the quality of this Mezco. The way they make their cloth outfits is perfect for this figure. 

Could have another head tho, one of the included heada is the same one as the Logan figure with the cowboy hat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GojiBill said:

It’s a beautiful figure, but was there really a high enough demand for this version to warrant a figure of this quality?

Yeah, does seem like an odd and obscure piece for Mezco to do, but hey there’s at least someone out there who’ll buy it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love this figure, just looks awesome. To me, some of Mezco figures are hit or miss, this figure is defiantly a hit. Most like all in on this figure, if I can get my hands on one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree I’m not into the cloth goods either.  It makes the figures look a little bulky and they don’t really hold up. But this does look like a pretty cool wolverine figure in some aspects. Hopefully somebody can create that head sculpt in a marvel legends size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually go with MLs & Japan imports but this one is a must have for me not because it's a Wolverine figure (it doesn't even feel like wolverine at first glance) but the extras and possibilities it can be especially with photography. A simple head swap with another character or a mask would open up a lot of ideas. Scale is not an issue too because you can always make it work for you and be creative.

Hope they make a Doctor Doom as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a guy cjesim https://www.cjesim.com/

He makes clothes and other accessories for action figures. He made an amazing samurai outfit and put in the Old Man Logan from Mezco and looks awesome. His stitching is better than the original one. 

If you don't like the original clothing you can always buy  the figure one and customize it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a pretty neat fig. Mezco does incredible work. I only own one Mezco, and I freakin' love it. I have the Ascending Knight Batman, and it just blows my freakin' mind. Gotta preorder the Sovereign Knight Batman sometime soon, and then hold out for the third Batman they're gonna make to finish out the series! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:sad: I really like how this figure looks, too bad its a Mezco Store Exclusive, and since I live outside the US (and mezco doesn't ship to my country) and I wont be going to NYCC, itll be hard to get my hands on this one for a decent price, I was really digging this figure too bad but I understand mezco making him a mezco exclusive, oh well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a need wolverine from mezco, but i have some doubts because the x-force and classic are still available, so that makes me think there is something with the figures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2018 at 5:58 AM, Falls22 said:

Yeah, does seem like an odd and obscure piece for Mezco to do, but hey there’s at least someone out there who’ll buy it. 

That is the point of exclusives. Imagine if they made like an Age of Apocalypse or other cooler and very wanted figure like they did last year. 

Exclusives are always supposed to be this: cool figures, but that don't have such a high demand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, FASVB said:

That is the point of exclusives. Imagine if they made like an Age of Apocalypse or other cooler and very wanted figure like they did last year. 

 Exclusives are always supposed to be this: cool figures, but that don't have such a high demand. 

Totaly agree, exclusives should be figures that are cool but are not must haves that way people who want them will try to get their hands on them even with the "exclusivity" price, and people who dont can just pass on them.
IE Neca's Movie TMNT set vs Super 7's Laughing prince Adam: Making a set like the TMNT SDCC exclusive was really bad at first cause everyone knew these items were going to have an extremely high demand (thank god neca realized this and was able to release them individually through gamestop later on), where as Laughing He-Man was a perfect exclusive, its an item that motu collectors and casual collectors might want but its not a figure that if you couldnt get your hands on it youd feel like your collection was incomplete. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, abnuggler said:

Totaly agree, exclusives should be figures that are cool but are not must haves that way people who want them will try to get their hands on them even with the "exclusivity" price, and people who dont can just pass on them.
IE Neca's Movie TMNT set vs Super 7's Laughing prince Adam: Making a set like the TMNT SDCC exclusive was really bad at first cause everyone knew these items were going to have an extremely high demand (thank god neca realized this and was able to release them individually through gamestop later on), where as Laughing He-Man was a perfect exclusive, its an item that motu collectors and casual collectors might want but its not a figure that if you couldnt get your hands on it youd feel like your collection was incomplete. 

The TMNT is a very special case. Playmates Toys is the master license holder. The only way that Neca is allowed to make this figures is in exclusive packages at cons. For some reason thaey could negotiate the release as single card figures, but this companies  (Playmates, Hasbro and Mattel) are usually very hard to negotiate. One explanation for this exception, is that either Playmates have no interest in exploring the movie turtles or the simple fact that is a store exclusive qualified the figures to be distributed.  This reminds me when Neca managed to make 7 inc scale DC movie figures (Superman and Batman) and that Harley Quinn from the Arkham game as Toys R Us exclusives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FASVB said:

The TMNT is a very special case. Playmates Toys is the master license holder. The only way that Neca is allowed to make this figures is in exclusive packages at cons. For some reason thaey could negotiate the release as single card figures, but this companies  (Playmates, Hasbro and Mattel) are usually very hard to negotiate. One explanation for this exception, is that either Playmates have no interest in exploring the movie turtles or the simple fact that is a store exclusive qualified the figures to be distributed.  This reminds me when Neca managed to make 7 inc scale DC movie figures (Superman and Batman) and that Harley Quinn from the Arkham game as Toys R Us exclusives. 

Yeah I was aware of that, apparently Neca did come to an understanding with Playmates where they let them release these figures as specialty store exclusives (probably because playmates finally understood that those type of figures were geared more towards collector market and it wouldnt affect the kid toy market they go for, and werent really intrested in getting in the collector market). I was just using that set as an example of an exclusive that shouldnt be an exclusive because it ends up making a lot of collectors mad, being an item that would easily sell well on regular/mass distribution and is very sought after and the only way to get it is through attending a show is a bad idea IMO (I understand in this case at the time it was the only way NECA could release them but its just an example of an exclusive that shouldnt be), instead of an exclusive that fits right being a more niche product that everyday collectors wont be that upset if they cant get their hands on them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2018 at 2:31 PM, cbatesLegends said:

I’ve looked at these mezco figures and I really don’t like the look of the cloth goods. I like the head sculpt with his hair pulled back. I just don’t like the look of the cloth clothes on this.

It's very hard to do soft goods on a scale this small- the weave of the fabric, etc., just tends to look too big, and it's harder to get them to sit right, since they don't have a lot of weight to them. Mezco definitely does a better job than most, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE