Dark Phoenix - Official Trailer & Movie Poster

Outsiders

The first official trailer for "Dark Phoenix," the much-anticipated "X-Men" sequel, which is inspired by the beloved Jean Grey-centric comic-book story arc, known in the comics as The Dark Phoenix Saga.

In DARK PHOENIX, the X-MEN face their most formidable and powerful foe: one of their own, Jean Grey. During a rescue mission in space, Jean is nearly killed when she is hit by a mysterious cosmic force. Once she returns home, this force not only makes her infinitely more powerful, but far more unstable. Wrestling with this entity inside her, Jean unleashes her powers in ways she can neither comprehend nor contain. With Jean spiraling out of control, and hurting the ones she loves most, she begins to unravel the very fabric that holds the X-Men together. Now, with this family falling apart, they must find a way to unite -- not only to save Jean's soul, but to save our very planet from aliens who wish to weaponize this force and rule the galaxy.

Dark Phoenix stars Sophie Turner, Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Tye Sheridan, Nicholas Hoult, Evan Peters, Alexandra Shipp, Kodi Smit-McPhee

Release: February 14th, 2019

dark_phoenix_xlg.jpg

Just watch it and I am very excited for this. They didn't show, but I really hope that she goes classic on her outfit as the apparently are donning the X-Factor costume or at least some sort of alliteration to that. 

The best movie of this new  set is definitely First Class followed closely by DOFP.  Apocalypse had such potential, but it was the weakest. I have such high hopes for this new one. Probably the last one before the merge. 

We probably gonna have the Brotherhood in this one. 

I loved DOFP and had high hopes for Apocalypse. However, after the lackluster performance of Apocalypse, I’m not feeling any interest for this one. It was a decent trailer, but I didn’t see anything that made me want more. Maybe the next one. 

No hopes or hype for this.

We barely had any sense of attachment or even character development for the young X-Men in the past movies yet we're expected to care now that one goes dark? Sorry man, it took us YEARS as comicbook readers to invest in these characters yet movies like think we're stupid enough to care just 'cause we know them.

We deserve better than this. First Class is the only X-Men movie I hold with respect, simply because we wasn't trying anything too hard, just focus on the relationships and characters for everyone to understand.

I re watched the trailer and we will get Genosha, apparently.  I am very curious about the character of Jessica Chastain.  Rumor has it that she will be a gender bent version of Mr Sinister. I really hope not. We have been getting lots of bits about him, but so far nothing really conclusive.

I hope the next trailer gives us more. It is the last Fox movie, so this is The End like the Doors song. 

I wouldn’t go so far as to say this looks like hot garbage. But I would definitely be more interested to see him marvel studios version of the X-Men. The X-Men animated series was my childhood and is what open the door for comics for me so I would love to see something more epic done for the X-Men but of course I’m gonna go see this. And Sophie Turner is a beast. 

I'm on board for this. People crap on the X-Men movies but Last Stand is the only one I've hated.  If this is the last hurrah for the Fox franchise, this looks great. 

10 hours ago, fleskz said:

I wish they would wait on more X-men movies till MCU can make them. I'm sure this will be watchable, but MCU studios X-men would be legendary!

This movie was already in post production when the deal went through, so the money was spent and the whole thing was already done. 

I literally thought this film was cancelled! Super surprised when I watched the trailer this morning! I admittedly am kinda forcing myself into excitement for this just out of loyalty for all the X-Men films. Though I will say, I will ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS be excited for Michael Fassbender as Magneto! He's such a stellar actor and always turns out such an authentic performance, no matter what he's in.

13 hours ago, JKenbok said:

I wouldn’t go so far as to say this looks like hot garbage. But I would definitely be more interested to see him marvel studios version of the X-Men. The X-Men animated series was my childhood and is what open the door for comics for me so I would love to see something more epic done for the X-Men but of course I’m gonna go see this. And Sophie Turner is a beast. 

Hopefully MCU X-Men will be good. At least should haven't continuity problems unlike the FoX movies

22 hours ago, Hogun said:

Jennifer Lawrence ruined in the X-Men franchise.

I think that's a bit unfair. The X-Men franchise was ruined well before her. Matthew Vaughn brought new life into it in First Class (with Lawrence as a secondary character), and Brian Singer rode the wave with DoFP. Then plunged in Apocalypse. I doubt it was her that ruined the movie since most about that movie was mediocre at best.

I am excited to see this, and will be there on opening weekend. I thought the younger mutants in Apocalypse were what made that movie decent despite the MCU purists claims to the contrary....well, the young mutants with the always show stealing Fassbender Magneto and Quicksilver scenes! I like Sophie Turner as Jean, who I always interpret as over serious and as acting beyond her years in comics, which is I think what Turner has delivered. Seems like Chastain is gonna represent some element of a Shiar like entity in this...excited to watch it, but I really hope it leaves no dangling chads that Disneys ownership is going to forever leave open ended!