Spider-Man: Far From Home Mysterio First Look

JayC

Images and video from the set of Sony's upcoming Spider-Man: Far From Home have hit social media that give us our first look at actor Jake Gyllenhaal in costume as the Spider-Man villain Mysterio who in the comics is known for being a master of illusion.

Spider-Man: Far From Home will be the first MCU movie to take place after the events of Avngers 4 and will open in theaters on July 5, 2019.

See full story here: https://marvelousnews.com/266-23801

1 hour ago, GojiBill said:

Nice, I’m liking the suit. Has enough classic elements to be recognizable. Agree with @FASVB, fish bowl will probably be added in as an effect. Hopefully this Spider-Man continues on beyond 2 films.

Hope this continues on beyond 2 films. I want to see other villains and hopefully one day the Sinister Six!!!

4 hours ago, GojiBill said:

Nice, I’m liking the suit. Has enough classic elements to be recognizable. Agree with @FASVB, fish bowl will probably be added in as an effect. Hopefully this Spider-Man continues on beyond 2 films.

Is up to sony now. The deal ends at this movie.  They will probably renegoatiate a deal that works better for them. Marvel will never give up on the character. 

Yesssssss!!!! Mysterio is an awesome, undderrated villain, and these photos look very promising- it looks like a modernized take on his classic costume, realized extremely well. Jake Gyllenhal is an excellent actor. "Homecoming" was a blast- can't wait to see Tom Holland's Spidey take on Gyllenhal's Mysterio!!!

12 hours ago, FASVB said:

Is up to sony now. The deal ends at this movie.  They will probably renegoatiate a deal that works better for them. Marvel will never give up on the character. 

They better! The way the MCU is playing out, I just wish this goes on forever until my grave!

2 hours ago, GojiBill said:

Yes, a MCU Sinister Six would be awesome! 

Tell me about it! Apparently they are building up to this. I want to see Norman Osborn.  They said that Stark Tower was sold and I could bet that was to him  and I also wonder who would play him. 

10 hours ago, memocromatico said:

They better! The way the MCU is playing out, I just wish this goes on forever until my grave!

Best thing is that they bough him back, but Sony probably will make like an impossible proposal. Easier would be if Disney bought the whole thing. 

5 hours ago, FASVB said:

Tell me about it! Apparently they are building up to this. I want to see Norman Osborn.  They said that Stark Tower was sold and I could bet that was to him  and I also wonder who would play him. 

Best thing is that they bough him back, but Sony probably will make like an impossible proposal. Easier would be if Disney bought the whole thing. 

Willed Dafoe was a great Norman Osborn, but I’d definitely be interested in seeing a MCU version. They’d have to cast a great actor for the role to really capture the calculating menace of Osborn. If they ever bring J. Jonah Jameson into MCU, they have to get JK Simmons...I cannot accept anyone else in that role.

i know he was cast as Commissioner Gordon, but with the DCEU currently in flux, maybe he’d be open to returning to Marvel.

19 hours ago, GojiBill said:

Willed Dafoe was a great Norman Osborn, but I’d definitely be interested in seeing a MCU version. They’d have to cast a great actor for the role to really capture the calculating menace of Osborn. If they ever bring J. Jonah Jameson into MCU, they have to get JK Simmons...I cannot accept anyone else in that role.

i know he was cast as Commissioner Gordon, but with the DCEU currently in flux, maybe he’d be open to returning to Marvel.

Simmons has stated that is not confirmed that he will return as Gordon and yes. The fact that DCEU is in shambles may facilitate that. 

For Osborn they probably have to cast someone that is not too old. Mid 40s tops. RDJ is 50, but doesn't look like it. I don't know how old Tony is in the MCU, but I am guessing 40s. 

4 hours ago, FASVB said:

Simmons has stated that is not confirmed that he will return as Gordon and yes. The fact that DCEU is in shambles may facilitate that. 

For Osborn they probably have to cast someone that is not too old. Mid 40s tops. RDJ is 50, but doesn't look like it. I don't know how old Tony is in the MCU, but I am guessing 40s. 

Yea, they’ll likely cast someone who they can at least get 10 years out of. Being an action oriented role that demands a cunning mind will limit the pool of potential candidates that can bring new life to Norman.