Marvel Legends Archangel Figure Video Review & Images

JayC

Happy for all you Arch Angel fans & that you didn't have to pay $80-$100 for the version on ebay. I bet those scalpers are having to knock $50 off it now to hopefully sell it. I like Arch Angel but have never really been a fan of the change he went thru when Apoc made him his 4th horsemen back in the 80s. I've always gravitated more towards his classic red/Blue costume & hope Hasbro makes him in both colors on an X-Men vintage wave.  New head sculpt on a Sunfire buck & I believe they already have sculpted wings they can use. Add alternate open/closed hands & we're good to go!

Angel wings.jpg

Angel red costume.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/25/2018 at 8:31 PM, americamgl said:

Must buy!!! Love all of the additional heads, the claw, the wings. Definetely replacing the old Toy Biz one.

Just have to paint that Warlock saw hand.

IMG_20181025_232444.jpg

Wow! That’s a really great idea for Apocalypse! Also, don’t be mad if Hasbro steals your idea too lol I just placed my first order with Megalopolis yesterday and I should be getting the Apocalypse wave tomorrow. I’ll have to give this a shot once I put him together.

So, once En Saba Nur is complete I’ll have yet another reason to get that Archangel, as if there weren’t plenty already. I haven’t had any luck finding him in the wild so he may be my next purchase (along with some AIM soldiers) when I need another (plastic) fix.

On 10/26/2018 at 4:07 PM, Gmen4ever said:

Happy for all you Arch Angel fans & that you didn't have to pay $80-$100 for the version on ebay. I bet those scalpers are having to knock $50 off it now to hopefully sell it. I like Arch Angel but have never really been a fan of the change he went thru when Apoc made him his 4th horsemen back in the 80s. I've always gravitated more towards his classic red/Blue costume & hope Hasbro makes him in both colors on an X-Men vintage wave.  New head sculpt on a Sunfire buck & I believe they already have sculpted wings they can use. Add alternate open/closed hands & we're good to go!

Angel wings.jpg

Angel red costume.jpg

We just might see him in this retro X-Men wave we’re supposed to get this year. I agree, would not be hard or expensive for them to do. Basically a repaint mix and match

20 minutes ago, logandelanoche said:

Wow! That’s a really great idea for Apocalypse! Also, don’t be mad if Hasbro steals your idea too lol I just placed my first order with Megalopolis yesterday and I should be getting the Apocalypse wave tomorrow. I’ll have to give this a shot once I put him together.

So, once En Saba Nur is complete I’ll have yet another reason to get that Archangel, as if there weren’t plenty already. I haven’t had any luck finding him in the wild so he may be my next purchase (along with some AIM soldiers) when I need another (plastic) fix.

You know what else works for an Apocalypse arm accessory is Titus’ cannon arm oof you have that BAF or just that part. Little bit of paint and it fits perfect. 

4 hours ago, logandelanoche said:

The only thing is the peg needs to be a bit thicker to work so I just wrap a bit of plastic around it and plugged in Apocalypse's wrist.

Use the Gamestop pick up feature online to see if you can find him near you. They actually have him on sale for like $26, so with taxes you will be paying about $28-29.

https://m.gamestop.com/product/collectibles/toys/marvel-legends-series-6-inch-archangel-summer-convention-2018-exclusive/165530

21 hours ago, americamgl said:

It worked! I just reserved mine and I’ll be picking it up after a little Blizzcon goodnes. Thanks for the hot tip! You’re just a wealth oh helpful info and ideas!

43 minutes ago, logandelanoche said:

It worked! I just reserved mine and I’ll be picking it up after a little Blizzcon goodnes. Thanks for the hot tip! You’re just a wealth oh helpful info and ideas!

Anytime. That's what this community is for. :)

54 minutes ago, logandelanoche said:

I blame you. This is all your fault. I don’t know how you can sleep at night lol

They also had the AIM two-pack, also on sale $_$

F543C1FE-8265-4E4C-892C-B850AE4B9F6C.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

You will thank me later lol. Also be on the look out for the Spiderman from Gamestop. I think that's on sale too. I am not getting it but I know a lot of people are.

23 minutes ago, americamgl said:

You will thank me later lol. Also be on the look out for the Spiderman from Gamestop. I think that's on sale too. I am not getting it but I know a lot of people are.

I checked but they didn’t have Pepsi Spider-Man lol it’s all good? Between these purchases and the box I received today from megalopolis, I think I’m good... for now

I bought mine a week or so ago when the sale first started. I almost wasnt going to buy him but I couldnt pass him up since I dont have the older version of him and I sold my toybiz version a while ago. He really is awesome and goes really well with the new Apoc BAF. There was big controversy on this Facebook Marvel Legends group I follow about the reddish color on him but I dont think its bad at all. Very very happy I finally got to snag him! 

I love the shine on his wings! They plug securely into his back so you can hold him by the wings as you whoosh him around the room and he doesn’t fall off, and vice-versa. This is the only Archangel I have so I have no basis of comparison unless you count the toybiz one from waaaaaaaay back before marvel legends. 

Haha, now I have someone who can go toe to toe with Sauron for supremacy of the skies! The only thing I may tweak is painting up a pair of flat open hands if I can find some. Cuz, you know, he doesn’t have enough accessories already lol

1 hour ago, logandelanoche said:

I love the shine on his wings! They plug securely into his back so you can hold him by the wings as you whoosh him around the room and he doesn’t fall off, and vice-versa. This is the only Archangel I have so I have no basis of comparison unless you count the toybiz one from waaaaaaaay back before marvel legends. 

Haha, now I have someone who can go toe to toe with Sauron for supremacy of the skies! The only thing I may tweak is painting up a pair of flat open hands if I can find some. Cuz, you know, he doesn’t have enough accessories already lol

That was my main gripe about the hit-monkey archangel is that it didn’t have the metallic shine like the Uncanny X-Force one. I don’t know why they didn’t. But that one is basically the same figure as this new one just different coloring plus the accessories. AND you couldn’t find that hit monkey one for less than $80 bucks on the secondary. 

Just now, Gmen4ever said:

Good! Greedy bastiches! I bet that old lanky TB classic Vision has dropped as well as that 2 pack Kingpin. 

Yeah I wouldn’t doubt that at all but I definitely haven’t looked for those lol. It’s crazy to me the people who say “we don’t need a new Kingpin I already have Kingpin”. It’s no comparison!

6 minutes ago, JKenbok said:

Yeah I wouldn’t doubt that at all but I definitely haven’t looked for those lol. It’s crazy to me the people who say “we don’t need a new Kingpin I already have Kingpin”. It’s no comparison!

Yep. Don't get me wrong , the TB Kingpin is still a very nice figure, it just pales when next to the more modern version which sports a better sculpt, perfect scale , & better articulated with alternate heads. Shame he doesn't come with both open/closed hands, but 1 fist is better than nothing I suppose. 

6 minutes ago, JKenbok said:

13 hours ago, logandelanoche said:

My AA unfortunately has problems with one of the wings. It is lose and doesn't want to stay in place. Lmk if you find some open hands. I don't understand Hasbro with their choice of hands. Namor is missing fists, Cable is missing a left hand to hold guns, AA obviously needs a set of open hands for his flight poses!!!

9 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Good! Greedy bastiches! I bet that old lanky TB classic Vision has dropped as well as that 2 pack Kingpin. 

That Kingpin is still expensive for some reason, and not only that... the ones I have seen for some reason the white on them is like yellowish!!! I hope the new Hasbro version doesn't suffer from the discoloring over time...

3 hours ago, JKenbok said:

Yeah I think the paint is better than what was used back then. A lot of the ToyBiz figures while awesome at the time, didn’t age well. 

Many of my Toy Biz figures are actually sticky and the paint is a bit bad. Toy Biz Sabretooth, Nick Fury, and Colossus are the worst ones.

1 hour ago, Gmen4ever said:

Am I the only  one that kinda cringes when I look back at pics of most of the TB figures made back then & notice how bad some of the bucks & head sculpts actually were, especially their females, Gawd were the vast majority fugly!  Especially Scarlet Mitch & that X-Men movie tranny looking Jean Grey!

I do and actually cannot believe that at some point I thought they were really good figures. My first ML figure ever was the Toy Biz Omega Red and now when I compare it to the new one there is no comparison. Same with The Thing, Bullseyes, Daredevil, Wolverine, Scarlet Witch, SpiderWoman, Ms. Marvel, etc...

Now, there are some Toy Biz ML that are still good until this day. The Beast, Colossus, Face-Off Captain America, Face-Off Hulk. Again this is just my opinion.